Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

I'm just worried that since he's hidden away in Russia no one actually knows of he's any good anymore.

He's scored 36 goals in 71 appearances for Anzhi and also has 14 assists. In the league he has 25 goals in 51 games so his stats are quite good no matter how we look at them. He's definitely not the player he was in 2008-2011 when he was arguably one of the best strikers in the world but I don't believe for a second that Jose and the board would even entertain the idea of signing him if he wasn't good anymore. It's not like the Russian Premier Division is like the Chinese league where players go only to make a shitload of money and no one knows what goes on in there, the football there is actually pretty high level and there's good coverage around the world so I'm sure the scouts and management know what their investing the club's money into if they decide to go for Eto'o.

Samu is the true definition of a football legend but this would be too risky if you ask me. Think he's reached the point in his career where he can't perform consistently, at this level, due to a lack of motivation and fitness (age), think Drogba in his final two seasons. Some great performances but also more than a few frustrating ones.

Either we go for a quality striker in his prime (still think Dzeko would be great if the Rooney deal doesn't go through, but City just won't let him go it seems) or just stick to with what we have. For me that is.

But think of the shirt-sales my man! The shirt sales!! :lol:

If we can't bring Rooney, go for Eto'o for sure if Jose planned to have 4 strikers without anyone actually leaving. Yeah he's 32, but we could get him for cheap or nothing. He would give a decent season, give some shirt sales but also create more space in the 1st team for Lukaku unlike Rooney. At 32 years of age, this may be the last season he can give on a world class level so he would be highly motivated, especially under Jose.

Sure, it wouldn't be a ground braking transfer, but Samuel is a cracking player, that is for sure. Decent backup plan if Rooney transfer doesn't happen.

I think what he means is letting drogba go because of his age only to bring in a similar player, in terms of age, fitness and possibly wage demands

But it was Drogba who wanted to leave on a high note right? we couldn't have actually stopped him form leaving..

Some of you might say he is too old. Well, was Drogba too old two years ago ?

If the transfer fee is minimal, why not sign him for two years, let´s say 100-120 thou a week ?

I believe, he still has got 10-12 goals in him as a squad player. Plenty of experience that he could pass on Lukaku too.

Wouldn´t it be better than Roonski, cheaper too ?

If the transfer fee is minimal, why not sign him for two years, let´s say 100-120 thou a week ?

I believe, he still has got 10-12 goals in him as a squad player. Plenty of experience that he could pass on Lukaku too.

Yes Drogba was too old, scored some very important goals no doubt but he was poor most of that season. How many league goals he get?

Definitely not better than Rooney, and no way the guy is cutting his wages by 66%, he doesn't have to leave them if he doesn't want too.

Rooney or nothing IMO, why waste £££, don't need four players for 1 position!

Yes Drogba was too old, scored some very important goals no doubt but he was poor most of that season. How many league goals he get?

Definitely not better than Rooney, and no way the guy is cutting his wages by 66%, he doesn't have to leave them if he doesn't want too.

Rooney or nothing IMO, why waste £££, don't need four players for 1 position! Not unless they brin something extra to the team

The general opinion is Samu over Rooney then. It's a matter of conscience too tbh. I can't really recollect how many times I've personally insulted Rooney, welcoming him into our team with open arms? That's kinda hard. even though we did with Torres, there is more to hate about Rooney.

He would be a very good singing! Jose is no mug he knows Eto'o still has something to offer! he is still a good finisher and someone like Lukaku can learn from him, as long as the price is right i don't see why anyone would have a problem with Eto'o becoming a blue!