test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Samuel Eto'o

Started by BlueLion.,

1,449 posts in this topic

"I’d rather sell groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea." -eto

I'd rather see a young talent play that loves his club instead of guys ending their career and only think about money.

I really hope he can bang in goals for fun, for the sake of the fans atleast!

Ridiculous. He took a massive wage cut and signed on for just a year.

He really isn't thinking about the money. He's obviously challenging himself too.

Wage cut.. Anzi wasn't able to pay him anymore due to the cutback in their fundings..

Of cours he thinks about the money else he wouldn't have gone to Anzi in the first place..

It is a challenge for him tho, I'm curious if he still reaches his old level.

Wage cut.. Anzi wasn't able to pay him anymore due to the cutback in their fundings..

Of cours he thinks about the money else he wouldn't have gone to Anzi in the first place..

It is a challenge for him tho, I'm curious if he still reaches his old level.

Actually, mate, do a research and stop with this fucking hate. Kerimov, Anzhi's owner, has a big respect for Eto'o and, even though he said he wants to get rid of all the players with big wages, he told Samuel that in case he won't sign with any club untill the deadline day, he'll be free to stay in Anzhi without taking a salary cut.

The Skipper likes this

Even Torres can learn a thing or two from this bloke, quality on his day, just an out and out finisher.

Great signing just totally based on learning people like Lukaku, never mind the goals he may score

Stingray likes this

He really isn't thinking about the money. He's obviously challenging himself too.

Some of these Belgians give a bad name to their compatriots. Not only is that quote fabricated he actually took a wage cut to get a chance at another big club. Obvious agenda now that Lukaku's place in the team is in danger.

Eto'o > Torres, Ba & Lukaku. 37 goals and 15 assists at Inter only a year ago. One of the most natural finishers ever, brilliant link up play and his movement is unreal.

Free transfer, wage cut and only a one year deal. Bargain.

For the people calling him a mercenary. Anzhi offered him a deal to make him highest paid footballer on the planet he'd be a fool not to take it especially after an illustrious career.

"I’d rather sell groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea." -eto

Ridiculous. is there any source about this bullshit?!

and looking forward to work with Mourinho again. He loves Mourinho.

Bringing those lines from ages ago, when his emotions were speaking after losing important games to us in UCL is ridiculous imo still there were plenty of them in the transfer thread and they're already infecting the player thread as well.

FFS the guy said a few stupid words in the high of his bitterness when his team - who was definitely the best team on the pitch - lost. He was younger and had a big mouth. He said a lot of shit about Mourinho too and then he worked with him at Inter and now he's with us basically because of Mou.

And also there are a few people comparing him to Benitez. Please! The FSW didn't say anything in the heat of the moment like Eto'o did (I find absolutely normal what Samuel said, stupid, but normal in football) and he said shit about Chelsea fans. That's a low thing to say. He played mind games while Eto'o was just venting.

So can people do us a favor and stop with the controversial lines from a decade ago said in the heat of a painful loss?

The Skipper likes this

I know of the quote, i've seen it on facebook by people too. Anyway i don't care, i'm just glad he's here. This is the same guy that started his career at Real Madrid and became a legend at Barcelona. I think he'll enjoy his time at our pathetic team.

Some of these Belgians give a bad name to their compatriots. Not only is that quote fabricated he actually took a wage cut to get a chance at another big club. Obvious agenda now that Lukaku's place in the team is in danger.

Eto'o > Torres, Ba & Lukaku. 37 goals and 15 assists at Inter only a year ago. One of the most natural finishers ever, brilliant link up play and his movement is unreal.

Free transfer, wage cut and only a one year deal. Bargain.

For the people calling him a mercenary. Anzhi offered him a deal to make him highest paid footballer on the planet he'd be a fool not to take it especially after an illustrious career.

A lot of them (us) don't seem to realise the world has picked up on the talent we have right now. It feels like there's constant need to defend Belgian players when it's totally unwarranted or unnecessary.

I'm sure it's no agenda though, more like suffering from inferiority complex. Once in a while a new compatriot registers to tell you all how great we are; it's embarrasing but I try to ignore it.

kellzfresh and Moros like this

2006, World Cup year, Eto'o scores the winner at Stamford Bridge in the round of 16 and his team goes onto win the Champions League and their domestic title.

2010, World Cup year, Eto'o scores the winner at Stamford Bridge in the round of 16, and his team goes onto win the Champions League and their domestic title.

2014, World Cup year .....................................

John1611, Badboy, kellzfresh and 1 other like this

I'd rather see a young talent play that loves his club instead of guys ending their career and only think about money.

I'd rather a striker that can score goals tbh.

Was incredibly nice of him to talk to and answer a lot of fans on twitter. Seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Not a verified account, doubt it's him.

I'd rather see a young talent play that loves his club

I fall into that category, reckon you can put a word in to Roman for me?

There's one problem tho, i aint very good, but it doesn't stop Torres :ph34r:

yuvala likes this

2006, World Cup year, Eto'o scores the winner at Stamford Bridge in the round of 16 and his team goes onto win the Champions League and their domestic title.

2010, World Cup year, Eto'o scores the winner at Stamford Bridge in the round of 16, and his team goes onto win the Champions League and their domestic title.

2014, World Cup year .....................................

Basically Eto's always does the League and CL double in a WC year!

The official Chelsea account is following him and has been retweeting some of his stuff, so I think it is him

Just been reading through his tweets now responding to the fans. As @CHOULO19 said, seems like a nice guy!