Willian

Jase

He has a perfect shot, why doesn't he shoot more often. He is one of the few players I ' ve seen who manage to make it hard for the keeper. I can remember 6 shots of his, 2 of which are goals , the others on goal...

A very good sub to bring on when the opposition are tired. I see him win many games coming off the bench like that.

Willian is more than" a super sub who can beat tired defenders". He's a starter who can beat fresh legs and creates a lot for the team. He's also very good in tracking back and a monster in counter attacks. With him on the pitch, Hazard is even more dangerous because we'll have 2 dribbling maniacs and he can help cesc and matic a lot with his pace to control the midfield.

Willian is more than" a super sub who can beat tired defenders". He's a starter who can beat fresh legs and creates a lot for the team. He's also very good in tracking back and a monster in counter attacks. With him on the pitch, Hazard is even more dangerous because we'll have 2 dribbling maniacs and he can help cesc and matic a lot with his pace to control the midfield.

I never said he's just a super sub...

I don't see him as a definite starter. He will start. Until we're tactically astute, mostly the important games as well. Cesc and Matic don't need pace. They need someone who can help out in ball retention and distribution. If we need a 10 or a defensive winger, Willian plays. Until now we haven't had the need of them both.

I like this competition between our 5 AM at the moment. So far they are trying hard to fought for their place evey time they given chance. No big names guaranteed, I could see even Hazard could be dropped, if he is under perform, and other playing so well. Well it also means Salah would get his chance too sooner or later.

Him or Oscar vs Everton... Dilemma. If we're playing a pure 4-3-3 I'd probably go for Willian, but Oscar's not bad on the flanks either.

Idd, dunno what i prefer. If it was up to me we would play 4-2-3-1 with Oscar in the CAM and Willian on the wings (no Ramires then), but im not sure if the team is defensively ready for that formation against top teams (im prolly giving Everton too much credit). Playing Everton, they will prolly have the majority of possession. Oscar offers work-rate and he should be fully fit, but he lacks the pace for a role on the wings imo. Willian offers the same work-rate + he can retain possession (+ not so prone to losing the ball). I think we'll have lots of space also, and that favours Schürrle, but he's not so good on the ball when under pressure.

Idd, dunno what i prefer. If it was up to me we would play 4-2-3-1 with Oscar in the CAM and Willian on the wings (no Ramires then), but im not sure if the team is defensively ready for that formation against top teams (im prolly giving Everton too much credit). Playing Everton, they will prolly have the majority of possession. Oscar offers work-rate and he should be fully fit, but he lacks the pace for a role on the wings imo. Willian offers the same work-rate + he can retain possession (+ not so prone to losing the ball). I think we'll have lots of space also, and that favours Schürrle, but he's not so good on the ball when under pressure.

maybe it's a case of playing both Willian and Oscar and instead of bringing Willian as a sub, bring Schurrle.

I feel like there's a chance for that happening. That if Mourinho doesn't ruin my life and replace someone for Ramires in the lineup - as we'll do in the big matches (where I do think Rami is useful). Everton have been anything but brilliant so far, I'm sure they'll up their game against us, but I reckon we could face them as we face most of the teams in the league, they don't need the special tactics we have for the big challenges imo, even if the game is in their turf. We dominated them last season at Goodison Park in the first half, but we didn't have a clinical striker, our AMs weren't good in the final touch and I guess Howard had a good match. If we did that last year with a team that wasn't as good as this year's (even if by then they had more matches under their belt) I think we could do it again this year, hopefully having better luck and quality in the finish and not conceding a stupid goal.

maybe it's a case of playing both Willian and Oscar and instead of bringing Willian as a sub, bring Schurrle.

I feel like there's a chance for that happening. That if Mourinho doesn't ruin my life and replace someone for Ramires in the lineup - as we'll do in the big matches (where I do think Rami is useful). Everton have been anything but brilliant so far, I'm sure they'll up their game against us, but I reckon we could face them as we face most of the teams in the league, they don't need the special tactics we have for the big challenges imo, even if the game is in their turf. We dominated them last season at Goodison Park in the first half, but we didn't have a clinical striker, our AMs weren't good in the final touch and I guess Howard had a good match. If we did that last year with a team that wasn't as good as this year's (even if by them they had more matches under their belt) I think we could do it again this year, hopefully having better luck and quality in the finish and not conceding a stupid goal.

Agreed, im giving Everton too much credit. Hope we play 4-2-3-1.

Agreed, im giving Everton too much credit. Hope we play 4-2-3-1.

I don't think you're necessarily giving them too much credit.

They're way better than the teams we've played so far and they will try to attack us - especially playing at Goddison Park. As we aren't as clinical defending as we were last year, and we haven't gelled yet, I can see them even scoring tbh, but I think we can outscore them. It's very important we win this match, so we don't face City with any additional pressure.

They key will be how our midfield will cope with theirs. Clearly Oscar and Cesc are still getting to know how to play around each other. It worked fine attack wise, but we've been offering a little more than necessary space. I know with being more offensive comes more space between the midfield and the defense (we can't play with a high defense imo, we don't have fast defenders). Maybe we should take a page from van Gaal's book and play with Azpili almost as a CB (it's not like he supports the attack that much) against stronger oppositions (I'd like to see that against City, for example), but against Everton, maybe it'll suffice to one between Oscar and Cesc a bit closer to Matic.