Willian

Jase

There is no implication of that. :blink:

Willian is a very pretty player. He dribbles nicely, he passes nicely, but there's very little incisiveness to his play which is why I compared him to Mikel earlier.

Muller is a devastating player. He finds chinks in defences and attacks them mercilessly. That doesn't mean he isn't a 'footballer'.

I may have jumped the gun. Yee haw.

Even with Schurrle, I still see him as a starting player next season, especially in the big games. Stats or not, he aid Mourinho's way of playing.

Yea but when we need a goal, he has no business being on the pitch with that laid back mentality.

Yea but when we need a goal, he has no business being on the pitch with that laid back mentality.

I don't really think its a about laid back mentality, because if he did, Mourinho wouldn't be playing him. I would be more inclined to believe that he's been instructed to play like that.

I don't really think its a about laid back mentality, because if he did, Mourinho wouldn't be playing him. I would be more inclined to believe that he's been instructed to play like that.

He is like mikel, in the sense that he follows the coaches instructions, and tactically executes them. But to become a better player one needs to impose yourself in the match, and Willian does this rarely.

He is like mikel, in the sense that he follows the coaches instructions, and tactically executes them. But to become a better player one needs to impose yourself in the match, and Willian does this rarely.

that's true to an extent. He doesn't dare to take risks as often as Eden or Oscar do and sticks to what Jose probably does tell him to do.

Even with Schurrle, I still see him as a starting player next season, especially in the big games. Stats or not, he aid Mourinho's way of playing.

I think in the big games when we want to keep it tight, he'll play in that 433 that we saw yesterday in the second-half. We have a lot of big games in the first few months so he'll probably feature a lot but Schurrle NEEDS to be playing consistently from December onwards if we want to win the league in my opinion.

I think in the big games when we want to keep it tight, he'll play in that 433 that we saw yesterday in the second-half. We have a lot of big games in the first few months so he'll probably feature a lot but Schurrle NEEDS to be playing consistently from December onwards if we want to win the league in my opinion.

If the aim is attractive football this season then Schurrle should be a natural starter. It's not like his work-rate is that bad either.

If the aim is attractive football this season then Schurrle should be a natural starter. It's not like his work-rate is that bad either.

Winning is the aim with Mourinho....although not losing is perhaps more accurate.

That 433 we saw last night is built to stop teams, and Hazard and Willian are the only real concessions to attacking aspirations (along with Cesc's passing and Costa's striking ability, both of which will come second to their defensive duties).

I think we'll see that more than we'd like up to December because we have a lot of big games and the important thing is to be in touching distance of the title come Christmas. From then on we face 'weaker' teams and that's when we'll play more attacking football in my opinion.

Or maybe we'll actually look to beat teams by outplaying them a la Brenton....but unlikely.

I don't have a problem with Willian. I prefer Andre to him, but Willian is still a useful player and I'm sure he'll get a lot of playing time this season. BUT he must stop taking corner kicks. FFS we might as well give the ball to the opposition.

Winning is the aim with Mourinho....although not losing is perhaps more accurate.

That 433 we saw last night is built to stop teams, and Hazard and Willian are the only real concessions to attacking aspirations (along with Cesc's passing and Costa's striking ability, both of which will come second to their defensive duties).

I think we'll see that more than we'd like up to December because we have a lot of big games and the important thing is to be in touching distance of the title come Christmas. From then on we face 'weaker' teams and that's when we'll play more attacking football in my opinion.

Or maybe we'll actually look to beat teams by outplaying them a la Brenton....but unlikely.

I think we'll be looking for the win more often than not this season. We played 4-3-3 in the 2nd half of the season when we had already dropped deeper... Jose will still employ that in the big matches but the addition of Cesc will make that less apparent.

His stats aren't just a problem over the last year, but over the course of his career. He's never scored that many goals so the chances of him doing so at 26 are low. As for his defensive contribution, it's good in the context of a wide midfielder.

I also think he's deceptively slow over anything more than 5 yards. I don't think I've ever seen him outpace a player, but he does have quick feet and a fast running style which means he can usually beat the first man.

But it's hard to separate the fee from the man.

exactly thats what iam saying he has really high quality in dribbling passing..etc but his problem is scoring and even assist and he defend very well when u want to kill the match but if u compar to other players play in his position ...in numbers shurrle in all his career (played 233 match scored 68 goals) and he is 24 years....salah in all his career (played 143 match scored 56 goals) and he is 22 years still.......willian in all his career ( played 329 match and scored 46 goals!) and he is 26 years.. so i think schurrle and salah more forward players than willian.

I have to ask again, people keep saying Willian has poor Stats over his career, but 'stats' also means Assists, anyone know how many Assists he gave every season in Shaktar?

Generaly, you dont have to score alot of goals to be a player who contribute alot statistics wise, you can also give alot of assists (Like Ozil for example, never scored more than 10 in Real but everybody knows he's a "Stars Player" with 15+ Assists per season).

So until someone will show he has low nubmer of Assists in Shaktar, i wont understand this "Fact" his statistics are poor for his entire career.

* Not every AM needs to be a scorer, so I dont get where this is come from. Ask Ozil, David Silva, Iniesta, Kross, Lavezzi, Turan, Koke... need more?