Willian

Jase

17 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Sarri did not want him to leave. That is why he stayed

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Does not matter what Sarii wanted, there comes a time when you see a good deal you take it. He was what 30 then? And barca put 55-65m on the table or something?

Shit if Sarii were here ´we would be seeing Alonso game in game out.

Does not matter what Sarii wanted, there comes a time when you see a good deal you take it. He was what 30 then? And barca put 55-65m on the table or something?
Back then Sarri just came in and if Marina would have sold him, Sarri and Marinas relationship would have ended there because Sarri said in press conferences that Willian is Not for sale

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Back then Sarri just came in and if Marina would have sold him, Sarri and Marinas relationship would have ended there because Sarri said in press conferences that Willian is Not for sale

Yes I see your point, but the good of the Club should be the priority. We will never receive such an offer for him again....and if im not wrong barca came for him twice.

Lampard wants a new contract for Willian it seems because he's madly in love with him...

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/willian-new-chelsea-contract-lampard-17234369

"The word isn't 'no brainer' because I can’t get involved in the money," Lampard said after the win over Palace. "That’s up to the club to do. But everyone sees how much I’m relying on him, and picking him and in what he is producing, I love him at this football club.

"So there’s my answer.

"I know his qualities from playing with him but when I looked at Willy over the last couple of years, he was in and out of the team.

"You’re not sure, from the outside, I want to see him happy. Willy is a happy, easy-going lad who loves his football and that was the first thing I said to him at the start of the season.

"I saw him being huge in the way I wanted to play. Naturally, on the ball, we all know his ability to go by, one v one, and shift people and cross or get shots away.

"But his off-the-ball work is an outstanding example for Callum Hudson-Odoi, for Christian Pulisic, for other young players who think the only part of the game is going by people, crossing or shooting.

"He does the other side brilliant with absolute humility. He’s been a joy and one of the experienced players who is helping the young boys."

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard wants a new contract for Willian it seems because he's madly in love with him...

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/willian-new-chelsea-contract-lampard-17234369

Weird statements. Puli and CHO think their game is only shooting and crossing? 

I see how Willian is important to lamps. Before his inclusion we were ve3y wasteful in posession and vulneranle on the right. He has given us some stability..plus he is playing his best football in his carerr. His decision making has improver massively. I guess he is a necessary evil right now. Still should not get a new contract

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Weird statements. Puli and CHO think their game is only shooting and crossing? 

I see how Willian is important to lamps. Before his inclusion we were ve3y wasteful in posession and vulneranle on the right. He has given us some stability..plus he is playing his best football in his carerr. His decision making has improver massively. I guess he is a necessary evil right now. Still should not get a new contract

I don't think Lampard was singling them out. Was just using Willian as reference point for the younger players. Only the other day he was praising Pulisic for his off the ball work etc.

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Seems like every manager wanted Willian except us. 

And while @Vesper  blames the board for not selling him, but they can't do much if each manager wants him..... 

I blame them for the £65m Barca turndown in summer of 2018. All offers since have been clubs taking the piss, and even if we get absolutely ZERO for him, we still have at least £500m in the kitty (and that includes subtracting Kovacic's fee) as I have spent a long time now documenting on another thread.

It's no surprise to me that Lampard values an experiences winger to balance out the young wingers + Tammy.

I thought that guy was going to be Pedro (due to his experience a this type odpf football) but it turned out to be Willian.

48 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's no surprise to me that Lampard values an experiences winger to balance out the young wingers + Tammy.

I thought that guy was going to be Pedro (due to his experience a this type odpf football) but it turned out to be Willian.

Which does beg the question, would Lampard sign another experienced player next summer or would he go after Sancho? 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Which does beg the question, would Lampard sign another experienced player next summer or would he go after Sancho? 

Hearts saying Sancho (him being boyhood Chelsea fan and best mates with Cal/Tammy) but head says we need someone mid 20's for that position, preferably a left footer.

Also I've been reading stuff about Sancho's attitude lately and a little worried he may affect the squad harmony, and that's before we mention his wages will probably double up on the rest of the young guys, at the least.

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I would go for him too. He is just World class and would improve us immediately

On paper maybe, but I can't help but feel there must be a reason no one is picking him up, same with Alex Telles.

On paper maybe, but I can't help but feel there must be a reason no one is picking him up, same with Alex Telles.
All teams underestimated him. He also never had an serious injury. The longest time he missed due to injury was 20 Days.
Suarez also played way too long for Ajax because Top teams did not rate him even though he was World class back then. Ajax players don't get the respect they deserve

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

All teams underestimated him. He also never had an serious injury. The longest time he missed due to injury was 20 Days.
Suarez also played way too long for Ajax because Top teams did not rate him even though he was World class back then. Ajax players don't get the respect they deserve

Think it's a tricky one. Ajax have a specific style, way of playing and they get players who fit into that and ensure both the players and team flourish. Tadic, for example, looked bang average at Southampton but went to Ajax and has suddenly looked like a world beater. Also, players who come to the Premier League from the Eredivisie have struggled more often than not over the years. Might explain why PL clubs are reluctant to sign players from that league. 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, Atomiswave said:

£65m, right around July 21st, 2018, when we were in Perth Australia to play The Glory

Willian was 29, turned 30 around 16 days later (August 9th)

fuck Sarri and fuck Marina if that was the reason why he wasn't sold

I still think we might cave in and offer him a 2 year extension (or at least 1 year)

which, IF we do buy Sancho, I will not freak out on (and sell him in 2021 (if a 2 year), even though he will be almost 33 then, we can still get £10-15m or so for him I wager, he seems the type that can play to 35, 36 as a sub, especially in a slower league like Serie A)

I can be more than happy with

LW Pulisic

LW CHO

RW Sancho

RW Willian

for next year

all of them can play either wing too (just not equally as well)