Willian

Jase

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He certainly showed the effort today that earned him praise during his early days at the club, but there was also some end product to boot.

Today, he was MOTM.

It also helps we have Tammy and Mount well on the way to atleast 30 for the season between them, meaning just like in the days of Diego Costa and Hazard it's back to the days that whatever numbers Willy produce is a bonus as opposed to nessesity. 

It also helps we have Tammy and Mount well on the way to atleast 30 for the season between them, meaning just like in the days of Diego Costa and Hazard it's back to the days that whatever numbers Willy produce is a bonus as opposed to nessesity. 
Yep. Spreading out the goal contributions is must for fighting on all fronts.

3 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Give him a contract extension and after sell him in the summer.

I think there is no chance we sell him if we give him the extension. Firstly he will be very expensive and also I think the board would extent his contract with intention to count on him.

Giving him a contract extension would be wrong. So very wrong. 

Praise him when he deserves it, but don't let a couple of good performances play tricks on you. We see it every season from him. 2 months of good form. 7 of poor form. 

We can and must do better than him. 

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Giving him a contract extension would be wrong. So very wrong. 

Praise him when he deserves it, but don't let a couple of good performances play tricks on you. We see it every season from him. 2 months of good form. 7 of poor form. 

We can and must do better than him. 

I hope Pulisic explodes and I think we will replace Pedro with another good winger so I have no issues Willian being fourth choice next season. 

14 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I think there is no chance we sell him if we give him the extension. Firstly he will be very expensive and also I think the board would extent his contract with intention to count on him.

If not we should sell him in January, at least recoup some of the money for him.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

I hope Pulisic explodes and I think we will replace Pedro with another good winger so I have no issues Willian being fourth choice next season. 

One of Pedro/Willian will stay next season, IMO but just a case of who...

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I would urge the club to replace both Willian + Pedro if I'm being completely honest. 

We need to have strength in depth. Not a player with little end product and an over the hill one. 

• 2 weeks later...