Willian

Jase

10 minutes ago, communicate said:

Another goal, yet pulisic should still start over him. 😏😏

Why are we getting excited for? We are entering his typical 2 months of good form. We see it every bloody year.  This isn't some rebirth of Willian where we can expect him to remain the same consistency for the next 9 months. 

For what the club is paying him, we should be expecting these kinds of performances more often. There wouldn't be so much resentment towards him if that were the case. Instead we get 5 league goals a season on average.

But the truth of the matter is, this is Willian's level, and why we should've aspired for greater years ago. 

2 goals in his last 2 games. If he keeps scoring goals then hes doing what the others arent. We need goals from other players than just Tammy. Doubt he will score much more next few weeks with his record but who knows ?
You know it's rough when some are ecstatic about TWO goals in 30+ games.

You would think Willian is a rival player, the amount of flack he gets on here. It seems even when he does well or scores, some will find a way to mock him or not give him praise. He has been a long servant for us and the lack of appreciation is odd.

You would think Willian is a rival player, the amount of flack he gets on here. It seems even when he does well or scores, some will find a way to mock him or not give him praise. He has been a long servant for us and the lack of appreciation is odd.
I love this theme of people seemingly failing to acknowledge someone's frailties and lambast others for stating them in the process.

Aside from the goal, give me a rundown on what he did positive?

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I love this theme of people seemingly failing to acknowledge someone's frailties and lambast others for stating them in the process.

Aside from the goal, give me a rundown on what he did positive?

He was decent, not great.  He looked more dangerous for me in the first half. Second half faded but did he come up with the goods? Yes, he did and was a brilliant finish. That is enough for me. Did I thought Abraham was that good apart from the goal? No, but if he gets himself in right position and scores, then I am fine with that.

He was decent, not great.  He looked more dangerous for me in the first half. Second half faded but did he come up with the goods? Yes, he did and was a brilliant finish. That is enough for me. Did I thought Abraham was that good apart from the goal? No, but if he gets himself in right position and scores, then I am fine with that.

A striker's job is to score, first and foremost, whilst much more is expected from a winger.

The goal we conceded came about from him losing the ball trying to beat his man btw (different phase isn't of interest).

30 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

A striker's job is to score, first and foremost, whilst much more is expected from a winger.

The goal we conceded came about from him losing the ball trying to beat his man btw (different phase isn't of interest).

But Willian did put a good cross in the box which was well defended IIRC. Also there was one where IIRC, the ball just evaded Tammy. BBC also gave him the MOTM too. The set piece goal they scored should have been defender better either way. Willian provided the winner in the end of the day. More positive than negative, of course. But not surprised with Willian, when people rather focus on the negative than the positive.

But Willian did put a good cross in the box which was well defended IIRC. Also there was one where IIRC, the ball just evaded Tammy. BBC also gave him the MOTM too. The set piece goal they scored should have been defender better either way. Willian provided the winner in the end of the day. More positive than negative, of course. But not surprised with Willian, when people rather focus on the negative than the positive.
9 times out of 10, a match winner gets MOTM. Him getting it doesn't prove anything, but I guess we can all cherry pick. [emoji16]

32 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

9 times out of 10, a match winner gets MOTM. Him getting it doesn't prove anything, but I guess we can all cherry pick. emoji16.png

Well if you read their comments you will see they said he was a threat all game. Skysports also gave him a good rating too, despite giving MOTM award to Tammy. I think we are cherry picking if we are still looking to say he had a bad game :D I am pretty sure Lamps will have him in the starting 11 next game, if he is fit...

Well if you read their comments you will see they said he was a threat all game. Skysports also gave him a good rating too, despite giving MOTM award to Tammy. I think we are cherry picking if we are still looking to say he had a bad game [emoji3] I am pretty sure Lamps will have him in the starting 11 next game, if he is fit...
We know how Lampard views the alternative, so he won't be dropped anytime soon.