Willian

Jase

Where is the love for Willian's assist? That's what you call world-class. The weight and curve on that pass, phenomenal. It zipped past two players because you can't defend that.

There was a time when he wouldn't even attempt such a pass, let alone execute it flawlessly. One of the assists of the season for me.

He still pisses me off with his layoffs to the right. When he hesitate over the ball you hope that he finally do something different, dribble to the left and try shoot, but he always chooses layoff to the right as long as someone is overlapping.

Guy has extraordinary ball control and acceleration but he always chooses the easiest, unimaginative option. And that assist is something much more extraordinary than we think from Willian as a) it's great assist b ) it was finally some invention from him

Remember when people said we should sell him and get an upgrade on our right wing? Ha.

The crazy thing is there are still people on here who think he is average and he is not doing anything different. He is one of the best players in the league. He has never been a stat god but he has so much qualities. If people actually think we need to upgrade him, then boy they are seriously crazy.

His final ball is still lacking. Major part of his game that needs to improve IMO

Yes, and players from wings are well known for their passing. Not speed and dribbling, right? He even chips in with some good passes (assist to Costa).

You don't need every player to be 'complete' player. Willy is special player. When we find decent replacements/back-ups for Oscar, Fabregas, Matić, Ivanović, Costa and Cahill, then and only then we can even think about upgrading on Willian, if that's even possible.

The crazy thing is there are still people on here who think he is average and he is not doing anything different. He is one of the best players in the league. He has never been a stat god but he has so much qualities. If people actually think we need to upgrade him, then boy they are seriously crazy.

for 55mln or more i would sell him immediately

Remember when people said we should sell him and get an upgrade on our right wing? Ha.

Mata, Schürrle, Cuadrado, Salah and Pedro all tried, but failed. Willian has seen off some good players like Drogba did with the strikers who were supposed to replace/upgrade him.

Yes, and players from wings are well known for their passing. Not speed and dribbling, right? He even chips in with some good passes (assist to Costa).

You don't need every player to be 'complete' player. Willy is special player. When we find decent replacements/back-ups for Oscar, Fabregas, Matić, Ivanović, Costa and Cahill, then and only then we can even think about upgrading on Willian, if that's even possible.

You can break the mould, you know. I'll compared him to his fellow countryman and former teammate, Douglas Costa. He can do all of the above and surprisedly enough, he's a winger.

My perception of him has completely changed this season for the better and he's the last player that deserves criticism for his performance. I'm just stating he's still got room for improvement and ain't deluded to think he can do no wrong now.

Brilliant yesterday, and what he did yesterday that I noticed more of was driving at people. The speed at which he shifts the ball out of his right side is sublime....His goal was nothing short of outstanding.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Brilliant yesterday, and what he did yesterday that I noticed more of was driving at people. The speed at which he shifts the ball out of his right side is sublime....His goal was nothing short of outstanding.

It's like he's reading the forum. He's driving straight at defenders a lot more now. 

There was a time when all he did was some stepovers and he passes back to ivanovic :D

He was very good indeed. He had a couple of games when he wasn't up to the level he's been showing this season, but that's more than acceptable, expected and natural.

It must tire to carry the whole team for four damn months.

He was very effective, lively and that goal was a piece of art and power. Hot stuff.

He was more direct indeed, facing opponents off. A lot is said about CP missing their key attack players, but we were very comfortable taking their defense - that as far as I know, was sort of the usual.... Willian certainly proved me wrong, completely, and I love every second of it.

Everyone has always said that his workrate is exceptional, but that he needed to add assists and goals and he's done that tremendously. Fair play to him for stepping up when others have faltered and for becoming a better player in the last 12 months.