Willian

Jase

I think with Willian there a few things....

Hes right footed playing rw.

He would excel either lw or cam....

Also, I feel that today he was with runners, rather than hazard and oscar....Had Hazard started, I really don't think willian would of had the same impact...

I voted willian MOTM.

didn't he get a third yellow? That why I wasn't sure

@ must know for sure

Na I checked right now the UEFA website. Only Ramires is suspended. I think Mikel will not start, but I see him subbed in if the match is in our favour.

Yeah. Only Ramires is suspended for the 2nd leg. Willian is only on 1 YC in Europe and needs 2 more to get a suspension. So, he's safe though Ivanovic and Mikel are on 2 YCs each. Get one more and they'll be suspended for the semi final 1st leg, if we progress.

Thing is Luiz isn't suitable for the most defensive role in the pivot imo. And neither is lamps. We need the result, but is crucial for us to dominate the midfield imo and I don't think a combo of Luiz and Lamps can provide that.

I meant Luiz actually... but thanks anyway

q!!!!!

tumblr_n3kqm8IsLq1qc5l87o1_500.jpg

Either way, I don't think Lampard will play the entire 90 mins. And you know what it doesn't really matter after thinking about it. Matic is the key there and he is not available. I hope they do well regardless who plays. But definitely a positive game for Luiz and Lampard today. Not the greatest performances but very positive overall. If Mikel is to start he should approach the game with the same heart. We REALLY need it.

Sublime performance! #10 suited him very well today. Maybe his goalscoring ability gets shadowed in the right wing. We just have to wait and see how things work out since Oscar & Hazard can also play this role. Although i am a strong believer that the best combination includes Eden in the left.

I will say he is worse in rw because he has certain mr Ivan playing behind him. He has to return in middle of pitch to retrievd the ball and has no support from Iva. Should he have more dynamic full back to play with, he would be equaly good on wing. After all he is never realy a winger, but more wide #10. Difference is that he doesnt have same support on wing as he has it in the middle.

Hang on - isn't this the player who last week..

A) had no vision and could never be a number 10

B) couldn't score if his life depended on it

He had an amazing game. Exactly what a number 10 should do. Bossed and was involved in everything!

Like this guy in that position.

As someone else said:

Hazard. Willian. Salah

Is a scary prospect for defences

If we had

Shaw (LB) and Azpi (RB) overlapping too - just wow :)

Matic also had a blinder :)

Great goal. The excessive passing and hesitance in and around the box was driving me crazy and I kept wishing they would just shoot. Willian really does have a great knack for those dipping shots, 1 finally went in. Hope it will boost his confidence significantly for the PSG game as it will be needed. Expect him to start over Oscar. Or maybe the coach should take a risk and start Oscar in centre midfield.

I think Willian is better than Oscar in the #10 role (going forword) becuase he's more creative and have better ball control and passing, and Oscar should be more decisive and sharp than Willian in RW. Mourinho should sort it out and come with the right solution for those two.

From the first time i watched Willian i thought he could be a perfect #10 and he showed it.