Willian

Jase

I see why people want him to be more objective and clinical and I think with time he'll grow to be. I feel he is far from being comfortable playing in English football and he has to impress two managers and not only one and nothing impresses both Scolari and Mourinho than hard work and low error margin.

So not only he still has to adapt to the style, he has to be careful not to make stupid things and lose the ball. Mourinho seems to like him alright and I'm positive Scolari will take him to the WC because the option (Lucas Moura) is much worse and too young. Scolari likes his mature players (not to say experienced).

I don't blame the guy. Nearly all players going (or with chances of going depending on managers' selection) to the WC have it in the back of their minds. They won't risk getting injuries, they'll try to prove to their managers they should be called, they try (as much as they can) to have their club managers to spare them some matches, etc...

It's their dream, the one thing they don't do for the money, but for the gratification, it's very important to most players in the world.

So I feel Willian still unsure, insecure and very much tamed in his presentations and while some of it comes from adapting to such a physical league, it also goes through him working in a way he knows for sure will please Mourinho and Scolari and he'll try to make as less mistakes as possible, and consequently it means he won't go for the risky pass in the final third and that he won't shoot very often because those are prone to errors. We won't see him dribble (although he can), we won't see facing off his opponents, taking them over, and we'll see rare and far between shots by him. Which is all a shame, but I understand why him (and others) are this cautious.

I won't bother criticising his finishing as he does enough work and tracking for the team where as people like Torres are just out and out shit.!!

True and his job isn't to score mainly so yeah I agree. But his finishing is really horrible though, no wonder he got like 20 goals for Donest over like 100-200 games.

I see why people want him to be more objective and clinical and I think with time he'll grow to be. I feel he is far from being comfortable playing in English football and he has to impress two managers and not only one and nothing impresses both Scolari and Mourinho than hard work and low error margin.

So not only he still has to adapt to the style, he has to be careful not to make stupid things and lose the ball. Mourinho seems to like him alright and I'm positive Scolari will take him to the WC because the option (Lucas Moura) is much worse and too young. Scolari likes his mature players (not to say experienced).

I don't blame the guy. Nearly all players going (or with chances of going depending on managers' selection) to the WC have it in the back of their minds. They won't risk getting injuries, they'll try to prove to their managers they should be called, they try (as much as they can) to have their club managers to spare them some matches, etc...

It's their dream, the one thing they don't do for the money, but for the gratification, it's very important to most players in the world.

So I feel Willian still unsure, insecure and very much tamed in his presentations and while some of it comes from adapting to such a physical league, it also goes through him working in a way he knows for sure will please Mourinho and Scolari and he'll try to make as less mistakes as possible, and consequently it means he won't go for the risky pass in the final third and that he won't shoot very often because those are prone to errors. We won't see him dribble (although he can), we won't see facing off his opponents, taking them over, and we'll see rare and far between shots by him. Which is all a shame, but I understand why him (and others) are this cautious.

+ there is the fact that he is fighting both Mata and Schürrle for 1 spot. Having displaced them both (in big games) after rusting at Anzhi for 6 months is pretty impressive.

I just love how he tracks back and keeps winning balls, setting up quick counters. The same applies to Hazard and Oscar - all of them have an incredible contribution both offensively and defensively. Not to mention Oscar slide tackles that are just :wub:

Think I completely underestimated how important this guy might be to our team. Watching him, Oscar and Hazard break for our first goal was an absolute thing of beauty like three fighter jets flying in formation.

Pace. Directness. Accuracy. The fact that he can put in a hell of a shift defending as well is incredible.

Same here. I take back everything I said about his signing.

Think I completely underestimated how important this guy might be to our team. Watching him, Oscar and Hazard break for our first goal was an absolute thing of beauty like three fighter jets flying in formation.

Pace. Directness. Accuracy. The fact that he can put in a hell of a shift defending as well is incredible.

Thing with him is, he has been used rather sporadically by Jose and never really been given a good run like a couple of others. Gifted players make the difficult look easy, gifted players glide they don't run and gifted players will always shine through.

I know what your saying and agree 100%. When I watched him at the bridge against us for Donetsk I was massively impressed. He dominated us along with Fernandinho, totally immense and looked like he never got out of '2nd gear, and what was more impressive wasn't just his distribution or his goal but his sheer pace, which is something that some do not realise.

As of now he is playing that well he for me can't be dropped.

Worked so hard. Love his energy and work commitment. So happy Spurs did not sign him!

Indeed though a little bit more output in terms of goals or at least assists would be nice.