test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

22. Willian

Started by Jason,

5,524 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Jype said:

It's not 50M + Malcom but rather 50M overall including the player.

Hard to say where that values Malcom at, but should definitely be lower than the £38M Barcelona paid for him last year.

I see.  I got so excited that I didn't even read it properly.  

Well, this might be real, then.  And, I can see us turning it down if they are offering Malcolm + 10M.  

50m cash i'd take all day but Malcom + cash totalling 50m? even if they were to value Malcom around 35m..

Effectively we'd be left with a downgrade + 15m cash, I don't care that he is younger, for the near future, Malcom is not going to upgrade Willian and a move like this would knock us backwards. Janurary signings are too risky and like it or not, Willian is a big player for us.

1 minute ago, dreamcfc said:

50m cash i'd take all day but Malcom + cash totalling 50m? even if they were to value Malcom around 35m..

Effectively we'd be left with a downgrade + 15m cash, I don't care that he is younger, for the near future, Malcom is not going to upgrade Willian and a move like this would knock us backwards. Janurary signings are too risky and like it or not, Willian is a big player for us.

how so? he almost never scores, almost never assists, is holding back CHO, isn't a lockerroom leader, rarely affects games positivily despite always starting... how is he a big player for chelsea?

Mufassir08 likes this

Just now, oldportblue said:

how so? he almost never scores, almost never assists, is holding back CHO, isn't a lockerroom leader, rarely affects games positivily despite always starting... how is he a big player for chelsea?

He's started pretty much every game this season, That tells me he is one of the more important players like it or not this is a fact.

Performances are irrelevant.

Think I'd be inclined to take the gamble on Malcom.  How many more opportunities are we going to get to sell Willian for a decent return.  He's not putting up good numbers this season and he's not getting any younger.

Sideshow Luiz and xPetrCechx like this

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So very strange that Barca are so enamoured by Willian. He's so clearly not top level anymore. If he was any other nationality than Brazilian I don't think they'd have a second look.

Because Willian scored a goal against them. 

Seems they are like us, buy players who score against us. :D

Sideshow Luiz and Pizy like this

13 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Too much logic here, but I will put my finger in my ears and say:

tenor.gif.c1c6c73775b3b8b82da396cd9829581e.gif

22 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

Performances are literally the only thing relevant in this discussion lol

A player that starts almost every game this season, is an important player in my opinion. Just because he has under performed in terms of goals/assists, does not mean he hasn't played a big role in the first half of the season.

Sure, he hasn't scored 40 goals but he is still a big part of the team every week, replacing him with someone who probably can't even speak English mid January is not something i'm getting excited about to be honest. As I said, if it was 50m cash then it's another story.

I'll legit cry if this happens. Also my faith with this board will increase. They fecked up in the summer, now looking like they learnt their lesson IF this goes through.

NO MORE WILLIAN

SAY NO MORE WILLIAN

NO MORE WILLIAN

SAY NO MORE WILLIAN

1 minute ago, dreamcfc said:

A player that starts almost every game this season, is an important player in my opinion. Just because he has under performed, does not mean he hasn't played a big role in the first half of the season.

Sure, he hasn't scored 40 goals but he is still a big part of the team every week, replacing him with someone who probably can't even speak English mid January is not something i'm getting excited about to be honest. As I said, if it was 50m cash then it's another story.

after 6 years willian barely speaks a word of English lol, weak argument. Especially considering Costa was a beast for us and couldnt speak a word of English...

Also, using your logic, anyone who plays regularly for a team is automatically important to the team... that's flawed logic imo. If we were to use that logic, we would never sell anyone from starting XI which is a silly notion...

Bottom line is that his performances have been horrible for a while and getting rid of him, in and of itself, would be beneficial to the team. Anyways that's just my opinion

7 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

A player that starts almost every game this season, is an important player in my opinion. Just because he has under performed in terms of goals/assists, does not mean he hasn't played a big role in the first half of the season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Unionjack likes this

I appreciate what Willian has given us over the years but I think it's plainly time to move on from him.  I don't see many more opportunities to sell him on that are going to be available to us.  He hasn't had a great season and he's only getting older.  Honestly I thought we'd missed our last chance last summer to sell him.

Unionjack, Vesper and Sideshow Luiz like this

Also, we'd be looking to sell him in the summer anyway.  He has 18 months left on his contract.  Selling him for anything and getting someone younger in (who has potential), is a plus.  There's a good chance that he's going to leave on a free any way.