Willian

Jase

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If we sell Willian and replace him with someone that Sarri really wants and fits in great to the system then I'm all for that, but I'm not against keeping Willian like most people are because I don't see him as easily replaceable as is being discussed.

This. William is a frustrating player. His WC display was a typical William in so many ways (when the game is tough, he usually just gets the ball and then passes it to a nearby player, or try something stupid without producing any real chance of goal), but the names people are throwing around to replace William is quite pathetic if you ask me. Sometimes I get the feeling people think real football is like playing video game, where you can get a 19/20 years old player with an overall of 79, then after a single season the kid already is a 88 rated player...or some of them are salty because he put some emojis in front of Conte in a instagram pic.

5 minutes ago, Henrique said:

This. William is a frustrating player. His WC display was a typical William in so many ways (when the game is tough, he usually just gets the ball and then passes it to a nearby player, or try something stupid without producing any real chance of goal), but the names people are throwing around to replace William is quite pathetic if you ask me. Sometimes I get the feeling people think real football is like playing video game, where you can get a 19/20 years old player with an overall of 79, then after a single season the kid already is a 88 rated player...or some of them are salty because he put some emojis in front of Conte in a instagram pic.

martial or Dembele are already miles above willian, and time one season probably also Pulisic ( but he is much more suited to football sarrì)
Douglas costa is like willian, very speed and good dribbling but zero creativity or vision

34 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

martial or Dembele are already miles above willian, and time one season probably also Pulisic ( but he is much more suited to football sarrì)
Douglas costa is like willian, very speed and good dribbling but zero creativity or vision

Martial is a nobody who cant even get a game for his club. Willian starts for us,Brazil, and has Barcelona chasing him.

Lets be honest Martial would get the Kalou treatment x2. Especially with the fans social media attention span now.

57 minutes ago, Henrique said:

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180724/451091408172/malcom-chelse-willian-barcelona-burdeos-roma.html

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona offered 50m but Chelsea wanted 70m. The last offer was 50m + Andre Gomes. The offer was rejected, then Barcelona acted quickly and hijacked Malcom from Roma.

Andre Gomes would be another ineffective waste of a signing that in a year or two's time we'd be struggling to offload.

5 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Martial is a nobody who cant even get a game for his club. Willian starts for us,Brazil, and has Barcelona chasing him.

Lets be honest Martial would get the Kalou treatment x2. Especially with the fans social media attention span now.

Martial is much better than Willian, if you watch him often you know!
but yes, Martial is a  joke as were a joke KDB and salah, isn't he?

4 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

Martial is much better than Willian, if you watch him often you know!
but yes, Martial is a  joke as were a joke KDB and salah, isn't he?

Why aren't Barcelona chasing him then?

Mourinho was crying out for someone to take charge of his wing, and Martial refused to step up.  Salah needed the time to come good, and KDB was never going to work with an egomaniac manager(and a goalkeeper which slept with his girlfriend). Martial has had it all laid out for him in manchester, and has not stepped up once. if we are giving people a run on potential, then we might as well use Musonda.

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Why aren't Barcelona chasing him then?

Mourinho was crying out for someone to take charge of his wing, and Martial refused to step up.  Salah needed the time to come good, and KDB was never going to work with an egomaniac manager(and a goalkeeper which slept with his girlfriend). Martial has had it all laid out for him in manchester, and has not stepped up once. if we are giving people a run on potential, then we might as well use Musonda.

Weird that you say Martial didn't step up. He had 15 goals and 10 assists in the first half of last season (before Sanchez came in for them and basically took his spot). Plenty of Man U fans aren't happy with the purchase of Alexis, especially since it took Martial out of the team.

8 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Are u stating that Willian is a better player hence we should keep him? I m confused!!! 

For me the thing with nobody is that there is always a chance of being somebody however the someone that we have is just bang average. I dont see what Barca saw in him, good for them if they could have pulled out something from Willian. However seem common sense prevailed for them along side our stupidity. 

The talent that Martial has is superb ... now whether he is able to take it to the next level or not is a risk that anyone will have to take. But he is surely a risk worth taking maybe not exactly like to like comparison to Willian but surely better than him. 

Willian has averaged 8 goals per season (in ALL competitions) through this 4 years he was with us. Even less assists. And he is not even doing much else useful other than good dribbling here and there.

He is easily replaceable, if you have anything in your head (not sure our board has) and if you start with finding replacement NOW. But, Barca went for better player and it's done now, Willy is staying.

Opportunities like this are there for a grab. Not spending 200 millions on a players every year - THIS is what makes club big. Grabbing an opportunity, cause guess what - they will always come. And acting fast after that. Hell we could've easily said to Barca - "ok, he is yours, but just wait for us to find replacement". A lot of clubs do that.

1 minute ago, the wes said:

FC Barcelona are likely to complete a big-money deal to sign Willian from Chelsea FC this summer, according to transfer insider Ian McGarry

https://www.thesportreview.com/2018/07/chelsea-fc-news-fc-barcelona-willian-update/

Beat me by a few secs GMTA

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea made a desperate downgrade for Willian

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180726/451105504729/barca-malcom-willian-chelsea.html

We really have to sack Granovskaia:rant:

there's no chance in hell she would get sacked her and Roman go away back