Willian

Jase

5 minutes ago, Ayioros said:

I like that and i can't be more agree...

But if we wanted to do that, we should have started this work earlier. He remains 2 weeks before the end of the windows, I can't imagine so many move (OUT/IN).

But definitively this team will be amazing and not impossible from a financial point of view.

I have been on slow burn for weeks after Granny took that fucking MONTH LONG holiday when the goddamn window first opened!! truly WTF!!!

I am beside myself with our board since 2014 or so (KDB, Salah, Lukaku, Costa (partially on Conte!) Nainggolan, Alex Sandro, Koulibaly, etc etc cock up sales or fails to close the deals!!) plus DRINKWATER!!!

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have been on slow burn for weeks after Granny took that fucking MONTH LONG holiday when the goddamn window first opened!! truly WTF!!!

I am beside myself with our board since 2014 or so (KDB, Salah, Lukaku, Costa (partially on Conte!) Nainggolan, Alex Sandro, Koulibaly, etc etc cock up sales or fails to close the deals!!)

I'm sure every single one of us are totally pissed off at our board for various reasons and I would be happy if we could just transfer them. But sadly I cant see it changing while Roman owns us. It LOOKS like hes having a slight attitude adjustment as far as playing style goes but same old same old dragging of feet and squeezing every ruble possible in every deal we male while the deals we need are snapped up or time runs out.

I'm happu with your transfers but with our 1 out 1 in policy it fucks us up.

Its our board,transfer system,scouting and DOF that should be high on the 'Things to do' list.

Zero chance Icardi goes for anywhere less than £120 to 130m, IF they even sell him.
I agree we could, in theory generate enough cash via sales, but I see almost no effort so far to srat the mass liquidation of deadwood need by Granny and the board.
lets look at thsi in more depth, this time with NO Hazard sale
I see us needing to sell
Courtois £35m 
Drinkwater £30m
Willian £65m (Barca offred this, their thrird increasing bid, SELLLLL)
Luiz £25m to PSG or another place
Alonso £40m to Barca (he isnt going to work in our system as a RB)
Morata £55m 
Victor Moses £25m (we will never get more for him than now)
Cahill £15m
Bakayoko £35m back to Monaco or elsewhere
Zouma £20m (I dont think he ever will fully recover from his cruciate ligament disaster of 2016)
Assorted other small sales  £10m
Roman said a max NET spend of £60m when all is balanced out
we spent £50m on Jorginho
so that leaves around £10m there

add it up
that's £365m to the bank (those sell prices are totally realistic, give or take a total of £10m, 15m, and we take a loss on some)

KEEP KANTE!!!!
we KEEP Azpilicueta, make NO sense to sell him, he is more than capable of play right fullback in a back 4, and is a great crosser
Keep Ross Barkley
Keep Bats (MAYBE loan him out)
Keep RLC
Keep Giroud (its not like we would get a tonne anyway and he is a GREAT backup or game changer in 60th, 70th minute)
Keep Zappacosta as backup RB
Keep Pedro, he will thrive for 2,3 more years in Sarri ball
Loan out Bats 

so, now the buys
Mauro Icardi £125m should get it done
Alex Sandro £55m is what Juve demands, pay it (keep Emerson for backup/rotation)
Rugani £45m
Strakosha £40m (by far best available GK out there now that Donnarumma deal looks to be going south)
Golovin £35m
Leon Bailey £65m (can play either wing, prefers RW even though left-footed)

total cost.... £365m, same as the pot from the sales and 10m left over from the £60m net spend Roman demand

our team IF we could pull all this off
GK Strakosha
GK (backup) find a cheap replacement for Caballero 
CB Christensen
CB Rugani
CB Rudiger
CB Ampadu (he IS ready for 1st team for sure)
LB Alex Sandro
LB Emerson
RB Azpilicueta 
RB Zappacosta
DMF Kante
DMF Jorginho
CMF Loftus-Cheek
CMF Fabregas
AMF Golovin
AMF Barkley
LW Hazard
LW Hudson-Odoi (he is ready for 1st team!)
RW Leon Bailey
RW Pedro
CF Icardi
CF Giroud
CF Abraham

THAT'S a VERY strong, deep, young (only older than 30 players are Giroud, Pedro and Fabregas) team and all done with NO Hazard, NO Kante sales and meets Roman's £60m net spend demand
Fekir is staying at Lyon for now

another option is to increase net spending by around £40m (if Roman goes for it) and take out Bailey and put Dembele in his place, which is a big gamble as then we are splashing the equivalent of £105m for a player who was a semi flop at Barca.

Seems impossible,,zero chance the club selling more than 7 players in short period like now. I bet we can sell maximum 5 players,,the other maybe loan...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

On 24/07/2018 at 09:50, Unionjack said:

I'm sire every single one of us are totally pissed off at our board for various reasons and I would be happy if we could just transfer them. But sadly I cant see it changing while Roman owns us. It LOOKS like hes having a slight attitude adjustment as far as playing style goes but same old same old dragging of feet and squeezing every ruble possible in every deal we male while the deals we need are snapped up or time runs out.

I'm happu with your transfers but with our 1 out 1 in policy it fucks us up.

Its our board,transfer system,scouting and DOF that should be high on the 'Things to do' list.

The only players I left out of that long list (that we have been linked to a lot) were Martial, Donnarumma (I replaced him with Strakosha) and then the impossible (if we do not sell Hazard) buy of Milikovinc-Savic (I did address Dembele and Fekir on edit) and  left out Miralem Pjanic/Thiago/Isco (any of those 3 break that budget) and then also left out  RW options Malcom, Bernardeshi, Federico Chiesa and Suso. Only LW I didnt list was Kingsley Coman and then my original first choice, now gone to AM :(, Thomas Lemar

I also left out my perennial rant/wants/pipe dreams of Kouibaly, and the impossible to get Alaba.

Now for the question

What are your thoughts on Martial as a number 9 in the Sarri system (instead of Morata, Bats, Higuain,or Icardi)?

Edited by Vesper

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

What are your thoughts on Martial as a number 9 in the Sarri system (instead of Morata, Bats, Higuain,or Icardi)?

I's prefer Icardi but wouldn't mind Martial at all Can you sort it? ;)

We aren't the club that attracts household name players and never really was. We get some good ones ranging between £30 and £50 ish Mill but will very rarely go over that and when we have done (specially strikers) it bites our arses!

I would sell and replace our top line but I'm not sure if our boards sharp enough to replace them in the time we have. But my optimistic heart still beats Blue.

21 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

Seems impossible,,zero chance the club selling more than 7 players in short period like now. I bet we can sell maximum 5 players,,the other maybe loan...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Well, assuming that Courtois, Willian and Morata are in finally stages of being sold (happy with all sales save Courtois) and Zouma is gone for sure (left off preseason team)

that leaves

Cahill ( multiple EPL clubs want him)

Bakayoko (Sevilla and Monaco want him, sure there are more)

Luiz (same as Zouma, with PSG very interested)

Alonso (multiple La Liga clubs, with Barca at top of list)

that only means

Drinkwater (who really wants out) and Moses would have to be really shopped (and I do believe other EPL teams are interested in either one or the other)

lets say we get stuck with Moses, that £20-25m is surely not going to be a make or break on the overall picture

most all of those sales HAVE to be made for multiple reasons

16 days to bring in players, BUT 5 to 7 weeks still to sell (France is a late close)

once the EPL window for incoming closes, that really dries up options coming out from the EPL talent pool for the other leagues, thus making teams like us, who WOULD still sell, more in the driver seat with the other leagues

Sky Germany understands that Bordeaux winger Malcom’s agent is in Barcelona to discuss a move for the Brazilian

if that's true seem like barcelona is going to lose interested in Willian 

20 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Then it's ideal, we just have to squeeze United and get the deal done with Martial coming this way.

In your dreams. More likely Willian is staying, especially with Luiz coming out and saying Willian loves playing for Chelsea and thinks he will stay. Those bids were rejected because he is deemed unsellable at this point because Sarri apparently likes him and the future of Hazard is still unknown.

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

In your dreams. More likely Willian is staying, especially with Luiz coming out and saying Willian loves playing for Chelsea and thinks he will stay. Those bids were rejected because he is deemed unsellable at this point because Sarri apparently likes him and the future of Hazard is still unknown.

No way we sell Hazard at this point in the transfer window...So its insane how such an enormous bid for willian was rejected...

6 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

No way we sell Hazard at this point in the transfer window...So its insane how such an enormous bid for willian was rejected...

We have got this whole transfer business a bit higgledy piggledy.

We by old,knackered,injured, players with low coinfidence for far too much money then we add them to the rest of  the collection in some broom cupbord instead of selling them And we get rid of our good players far too soon for hardly any money. While at the same time we dont sell players that openly dont want to be here that we could sell for loadsamoney to strengthen the team.

And our board is full of business people!

What are our options if we really sell Willian for right wing? I came across the info that Pool gave up on Fekir because it was obvious he couldn't pass the medical (from really unreliable source). Could that be true?

But, other options? Suso from Milan? Who else? Bailey plays on the left as far as I know...

1 minute ago, El P. said:

What are our options if we really sell Willian for right wing? I came across the info that Pool gave up on Fekir because it was obvious he couldn't pass the medical (from really unreliable source). Could that be true?

But, other options? Suso from Milan? Who else? Bailey plays on the left as far as I know...

Zaha, Pulisic, Bailey and Fekir could all play there. Fekir is more suited to the #10 role though

14 hours ago, James said:

Look, obviously £60 million is big money for a largely inconsistent winger, but i'm not going to moan if we keep him. Sarri's a big fan and It'll be interesting to see how he fairs in an attacking team. I mean the large majority of his time playing for Chelsea and Brazil have been under pragmatic coaches, the likes of Scoalri, Dunga, Tite, Mourinho and Conte. Who would have Mertens and Insigne would be world beaters under Rafa? all i'm saying is i'm relaxed either way. 

Agree with this. It's one of the things I constantly here about Hazard that he'd be so much better under a more attack minded coach, which I agree with. But the same has to be said about any of our attacking players, especially the likes of Willian and Pedro. Keeping the ball and attacking is far more effective for them than constantly sitting in front of their full back/wing back and defending.

Sarri apparently really likes Hazard and Willian and sees them as key within his system so I actually see us keeping both of them this season and giving Sarri every opportunity to (1) be a success and (2) hopefully convince them their future is here (especially Hazard).

On a side note people moaning about Willian's behaviour. Yes it wasn't great and he shouldn't have done it but there seems quite an overreaction on here. It's clear there were big problems between the players and Conte. If Willian comes back next season and is playing well people will soon change their tune and be glad he stayed.