Willian

Jase

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just think our attack will continue to be stale if he stays and is our primary option on the right. We need someone with more end product. 

We were by far the lowest scorers of the "big 6" last season. It'll be the same this season if we don't upgrade at striker and RW.

I agree 100%. St and rw are the positions we need scorers in and willian is past his best and will never be the player we wanted him to become. I think the board are smart enough to take the money but i also could imaginr Willian being so much of an unambitious character that he wants to stay here because he is settled and will play a lot

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I agree 100%. St and rw are the positions we need scorers in and willian is past his best and will never be the player we wanted him to become. I think the board are smart enough to take the money but i also could imaginr Willian being so much of an unambitious character that he wants to stay here because he is settled and will play a lot

To be fair you dont leave the sunny brazil for Ukraine by being unambitious.

He does have kids who have grown up in London though. He probably wouldnt want to leave for that reason if he doesnt want a move.

This smells of Granny playing Billy Big Bollox again

Instead of taking the £55mill shes trying to squeeze out another £5mill but as normal shes killing us because we cant get a fuckin replacement till he shoots off because of the whole 1 out 1 in bollox.

Just take the £55 and buy someone else. Its not rocket science.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Safe to say the lads over on barcaforum aren't overly enamoured about this potential move. Most people around forums I browse agree that Willian is a solid player but is worth nowhere near £55-60m. 

I hope the club see that as well and cash in while we can. 

SEEMS like the high bid wasn't £55mill its £65 mill!

WTF!!!

Barcelona launch staggering third offer of £65m to prise Willian away from Chelsea as they ramp up their efforts to finally land their man

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5977475/Barcelona-increase-Willian-offer-60m-plus-add-ons.html

He will surely want to take this chance. Come on, he is already 30 pretty soon and Barcelona are fighting for his signature. We seriously need to upgrade our RW position. Him leaving and the cash would surely make us go for someone quality. Hopefully. 

£65m wtf. Well it could be 65 million euros as well knowing how British press is notorious for mixing up the currencies but still, that's one hell of a sum for 30 year old winger whose game relies 95% of quick acceleration

Sell now before Barcelona come to their senses!

11 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

He will surely want to take this chance. Come on, he is already 30 pretty soon and Barcelona are fighting for his signature. We seriously need to upgrade our RW position. Him leaving and the cash would surely make us go for someone quality. Hopefully. 

IF this £55m (or even more) offer is true we need to leap on it. It takes him away from Man U and we can surely then buy Leon  Bailey (who prefers RW even though he is left-footed). We missed out on Malcom (90% he is off to Roma early next week).

Maybe we can strike a deal with Barca for Willian plus cash for Dembele.

Also still out there for RW is Federico Chiesa (tough pull), Federico Bernardeschi (Juve has three starting level RW but another tough pull), Suso (but the CAS reversal of Milan's Europe ban makes this harder), Gelson Martins (but Atletico Madrid are on the verge), Christian Pulisic (will be crazy overpriced though), and Wilfried Zaha (Spurs leading pack). Iñaki Williams doesn't want to leave Bilbao, Florian Thauvin was a bust a Newcastle (he has exploded at Marseille though).

Rony Lopes from Monaco might be an option (17 goals, 12 assists). Same for Lucas Vazquez. Gareth Bale's wages make that a no go from the start, let alone the fee. David Neres from Ajax has bags of potential but I dont think is nearly ready for full time EPL starting slot.

I'm all for us upgrading him and hes pissed me off with his childish behaviour but we forget he was POTY twice for us.

Peeps say but he was only POTY because the others played shit anyway.

But I think that tells more about Willian.

If our supposed best players like Eden cant reach down into themselves to lead by example to the other players then there's something wrong.

Ive never minded his playing attitude, he always seemed to give what he had. And never publicly whinged when he had been benched over Pedro.

Chelsea set meeting to discuss Barcelona’s £65m Willian bid with Roman Abramovich ready to use the fee to rebuild Maurizio Sarri’s squad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5979731/Chelsea-set-meeting-discuss-Barcelonas-65m-Willian-bi.html

14 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

I will cry if our board renege to sell at that price....even at any price quoted by the media...ffs sell and invest on bailey

Even if we cant get Bailey, we can get Fekir. Chelsea please sell and invest :readthemessage:

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

This kind of opportunity won't come anymore. Seriously need to sell for that kind of cash.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

It would give us some spending money getting rid of Eden and Willi for the prices mentioned. One or 2 of the strikers too.

Could buy 3 of these even if we  go in heavy. IF WE COULD TALK THEM INTO COMING

Perisic, Sado Mane, Martial,, Icardi,Bailey, Malcom, Asensio, Isco, Dembele, Dybala, Fekir

I know I'm a dreamer but no harm in trying.