Willian

Jase

10 hours ago, Robguima said:

No Brazil did not play very well and Belgium was the first good team they faced and lost. Despite the hype, this Brazil team was never really good enough to be consider the favorites to win it. Did they take some stopping? Sure, but big teams usually do.

Willian is just yet another cog that makes this Brazil team a bit more average... lightweight and short esp up front. His performance against Belgium was embarrassing: heavy touches, bad passing, and nothing produced in attack. Only Fernandinho managed to be worse, but that’s not he first time for Fernandinho (poor player).

the only thing I still liked about Willian was that he was a big game player, and now I have to question it. 

TBH, he was the best DM in the league last season. He is a very good player who had a bad game.

21 minutes ago, Stats said:

TBH, he was the best DM in the league last season. He is a very good player who had a bad game.

Fernandinho? Best DM is Kante by far IMO, but Fernandinho was indeed good in a long championship and in a system in which he does not have to defend that much.

In CL his performances are subpar. He was one of the worst performers against Germany in the 7x1 ('14). He was a liability then, and once again a liability against Belgium. Some people think it's just a bad game, but I don't see it that way. I see a player who does not do well in big games, which is all that matters in a WC, if you want to be a contender that is. In Brazil folks question his mentality, but I'd go a bit further and question his technique too... he does well in City system and plays lots of easy passes. Once the game is tighter and the opposition gets in his face, his passing goes down the hill. Reminds me of Mikel.

Is he better than Bakayoko? Sure, who isn't. BUt I would NOT like Fernandinho at CHelsea. It's the same as with WIllian, good/decent player but we need more that what he has been giving us to improve the team.

Willian has in the space of a few years gone from being the most underrated player in our squad to the most overrated.

At the start people focused too much on what he couldn't go while playing down what he could do, now it's gone well, well too far the other way, it will only get worse if he goes United as the grass is greener shite will kick in to go with it!!!

Absolutely ideal scenario - sell to Barca for a stupid fee and sign Bailey as his replacement.
Not so ideal scenario but one I'd do - swap with Martial.

I would actually prefer him to go to Man U. He improved them slightly but not enough for it matter. If the fees are the same, I would send him to United.

He has such poor end product that he would hold them back. It likely stops them from getting a player that would progress them as a team. That's ideal to me. I felt the same about matic. It hurts them over the long term.

I would also love martial. I know his end product is inconsistent but I think he needs a manager that will believe in him instead of criticize.

22 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I would actually prefer him to go to Man U. He improved them slightly but not enough for it matter. If the fees are the same, I would send him to United.

He has such poor end product that he would hold them back. It likely stops them from getting a player that would progress them as a team. That's ideal to me. I felt the same about matic. It hurts them over the long term.

I would also love martial. I know his end product is inconsistent but I think he needs a manager that will believe in him instead of criticize.

He's a perfect Mourinho player, works hard for the team but it also capable of a moment of magic to win a game, though I agree not very often. He is also deadly on counter attacks and set pieces,  I wouldn't want to see him playing against us no matter how bad people make him out to be, he is a good player and not as easy to replace as people think.

1 hour ago, dreamcfc said:

He's a perfect Mourinho player, works hard for the team but it also capable of a moment of magic to win a game, though I agree not very often. He is also deadly on counter attacks and set pieces,  I wouldn't want to see him playing against us no matter how bad people make him out to be, he is a good player and not as easy to replace as people think.

The perfect Mourinho player is one that is no longer effective in the modern game.  His methods and tactics are outdated and ineffective at the VERY top level. So I am more than happy to let him have his "perfect player".  

He has the ability to create magic, but he does not have the awareness or the vision or the brain to actually execute it.  He is unbelievably technically talented, but it means nothing cause he doesn't produce except for his annual purple patch of a few games.  

I think his set pieces are overrated after that season he scored a few off of them.  I don't think he has scored one since, but I could be wrong.  So yes, I agree he is a good player, but nothing more.  Very easily replaceable.  And one that would continue to stagnate the United side.  

no selling to rivals willian on his day can be unplayable - not helping Mourinho build a team in his image. Matic definitely helped united secure second position last year , without him Spurs or Pool would have finished above them.

14 hours ago, dreamcfc said:

He is also deadly on counter attacks and set pieces

I strongly disagree. I find myself too often facepalming and yelling at the screen when he screws up counter-attacking opportunities and that has been a recurring theme since he joined. The same with set-pieces, his corner deliveries are woeful most times, same with free-kicks direct or indirect.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why are Barcelona so desperate for Willian?

I am trying to figure out that exact same thing. Do they think he and Hazard are so close it will help sway him? Do they think he would be more dynamic on the left side and as a willing runner? I am so confused.

For love of God sell him! Barca already have problems integrating Dembele with others, why bring another AM? Don't know, don't care, this is golden opportunity to cash something in.

EDIT: Now I remembered that their coach is more pragmatic guy than others before him. He could use Willian in midfield I guess: Busquets - Willian - Rakitić ?

I am trying to figure out that exact same thing. Do they think he and Hazard are so close it will help sway him? Do they think he would be more dynamic on the left side and as a willing runner? I am so confused.
He will do a job and he's Brazilian