test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

22. Willian

Started by Jason,

4,947 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Willian is a ball hog, he holds on to the ball for way too long. If we are going to play the Sarri way we can't have Hazard and Willian starting together. They both slow down our play but Hazard is obviously our best player so he keeps his place in the team. He is also always a threat on goal too. 

TO THE BENCH!

willian_647_120416034732.jpg

We turned down a combined £93m for those 2, take that, add £5m, and we would have had Icardi (£98m release clause)

Unionjack likes this

3 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Willian is a ball hog, he holds on to the ball for way too long. If we are going to play the Sarri way we can't have Hazard and Willian starting together. They both slow down our play but Hazard is obviously our best player so he keeps his place in the team. He is also always a threat on goal too. 

Bit of a problem when this happens. Eden and Willi holding it for too long, I believe Di Canio touches on it vs Newcastle on analysis and I think it will be something that gets better still because we are only 4 matches in. Hazard is now in a position where we are an attack minded team, the sole burden of having to carry the ball or retain it to escape pressure is nowhere near what it was. Willian the same he should be looking to get into goalscoring situations. They can still do all that other stuff but they should be thinking bigger picture, to get more goals and more assists because the likes of Luiz, Jorginho and Kovacic are able to find these guys in dangerous positions. I think it will come, I see Pedro, Willian and Hazard all contributing to a lot of goals this season.

Whether this is a way of trying to do a PR job on us supporters I dunno but he always comes across great in interviews and says all the right things.

Five years a Blue

Part 1

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/9/8/five-years-a-blue

Part 2

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/9/9/five-years-a-blue---part-two

OK heres my 10 bobs worth

Willian has stood the test of time. Not only did he stay a whole 8 hours at Spuds but look at the lads he has knocked out to beat competition to still be here - Salah, Oscar, Square, Schurlle, KdB, Mata.
He taken some bench time without tears instead of running away and always fought his way back.
He wasn't the only one bitching last season. The MAJORITY did. But at least on the pitch he gave us 13 goals and 9 assists.

OK I'm still really pissed off about the whole emoji shit, if he had just fessed up like a man and said the guy pissed me off I could have accepted it. But hes been with us now 5 years and 2 POTY.  I can hold a grudge like a bastard but I'm thinking about cutting him some slack. before the emoji  crap I often had his back on here and liked the lad. I liked his attitude, I like the runs he does behind defenders and the way that he always seemed to love being here and how that came across in the interviews he gives. (Liked that in Schurlle too)
But all of that doesn't change that we need to upgrade the RW. We need someone more offensive, give us more goals/assists, someone that doesn't take so much time to decide what to do and hold on to the ball, it just isn't Sarriball (BUT I also think this about Eden). It's time to get rid of either him or Pedro Mercury. We will need to decide who will accept being a squad player the best OR bring us in the most dosh.

How I try to remember him

Vesper likes this

38 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Whether this is a way of trying to do a PR job on us supporters I dunno but he always comes across great in interviews and says all the right things.

Five years a Blue

Part 1

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/9/8/five-years-a-blue

Part 2

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/9/9/five-years-a-blue---part-two

OK heres my 10 bobs worth

Willian has stood the test of time. Not only did he stay a whole 8 hours at Spuds but look at the lads he has knocked out to beat competition to still be here - Salah, Oscar, Square, Schurlle, KdB, Mata.
He taken some bench time without tears instead of running away and always fought his way back.
He wasn't the only one bitching last season. The MAJORITY did. But at least on the pitch he gave us 13 goals and 9 assists.

OK I'm still really pissed off about the whole emoji shit, if he had just fessed up like a man and said the guy pissed me off I could have accepted it. But hes been with us now 5 years and 2 POTY.  I can hold a grudge like a bastard but I'm thinking about cutting him some slack. before the emoji  crap I often had his back on here and liked the lad. I liked his attitude, I like the runs he does behind defenders and the way that he always seemed to love being here and how that came across in the interviews he gives. (Liked that in Schurlle too)
But all of that doesn't change that we need to upgrade the RW. We need someone more offensive, give us more goals/assists, someone that doesn't take so much time to decide what to do and hold on to the ball, it just isn't Sarriball (BUT I also think this about Eden). It's time to get rid of either him or Pedro Mercury. We will need to decide who will accept being a squad player the best OR bring us in the most dosh.

Sell him. Buy BAILEY!!!

I want to DOMINATE

NOT SETTLE

I don't ever, ever settle in my personal life, why should a 2 billion plus quid club I was literally born near, lived closer to, and bred to follow?

Ratcliffe to the rescue.

c31150ae0cb1d760273116273400c437.png

Unionjack likes this