Willian

Jase

Selling him for right price is a good move only if his replacement is a better player. Lucas Moura is not a better player, worse, just younger, has arguably the same defects Willian does: poor decision making at times, lacks consistent end product, doesn’t score enough goals. Has to be an improvement. I’m glad the club have decided Pedro is the better player to keep out of the two or so I’d say, think some people don’t realise he has got a bit more guile and more end product than Willian although they can both be equally frustrating.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Selling him for right price is a good move only if his replacement is a better player. Lucas Moura is not a better player, worse, just younger, has arguably the same defects Willian does: poor decision making at times, lacks consistent end product, doesn’t score enough goals. Has to be an improvement. I’m glad the club have decided Pedro is the better player to keep out of the two or so I’d say, think some people don’t realise he has got a bit more guile and more end product than Willian although they can both be equally frustrating.

If we are going 3 5 2 as the way forward, i would rather replace him with a striker.

56 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we are going 3 5 2 as the way forward, i would rather replace him with a striker.

I’d agree but 343 is always very useful and a good alternative to have. Musonda not a reliable option yet for me, not enough experience at the highest level so if we were to lose Willian and have to resort to 343 if Eden picked up an injury for instance we’d be pretty paper thin in attack. Although we already are. Need a striker and winger in January or the summer.

Willian has spoken out about the links with Manchester United

"I had contact with Manchester United but I was not close to leaving.

"Of course, sometimes you get upset that you’re not playing.

"But that doesn’t mean you do not like the club or the people who work there." (football.london)

2 hours ago, Beigl said:

Would be utter nonsense if we transfer yet another player to Manchester.

I honestly wouldn't care. Will be annoying for the first few weeks while the media and United fans make out he's Ronaldinho reborn and bring him up every time Hazard and Pedro get dispossessed, but the crux of the matter is United will be throwing silly money at yet another Chelsea player who's best days are in the past, he's been our 3rd choice winger under Conte for a reason.

It's a shame Woodward wasn't running transfers at United around 2011 time, we could have palmed Alex, Essien, Malouda, Anelka and Kalou on them for obscene cash.

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

No thanks, Mata isn't even half the player he was in 2012 and even that version would struggle for games under Conte.

Where would Mata even play in this formation? My best guess would be in Cesc's place in a 3-5-2, but even there I would rather Drinkwater than him, not because he's a better player but because he fits better. 

39 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Where would Mata even play in this formation? My best guess would be in Cesc's place in a 3-5-2, but even there I would rather Drinkwater than him, not because he's a better player but because he fits better. 

The only place you could even think maybe is if we reverted to 3412 and he was Hazard's back up behind the strikers, but even if we did that hypothetical formation change i'd rather give that spot to Ruben when he returns.

God yes. If we could take a promising player from them for Willian it wouldn't even matter if we received money. We'd simply contribute to their continual downfall even more, which is worth at least 100m.

Willian is speedy and he also scores crucial goals.
I believe the best use of Willian is to send him down the wing and instruct him to run away from his marksmen by as much as he can.
This will make a dart out of him - he is better than Zappa in that respect or Alonso.
When Willian is used in the midfield he tries the best he can but he loses the person to person fights, because he is not big. Also many times he becomes a source of danger when he loses the ball.
If my "Willian system" is of any use then that's his role.
Otherwise we should look forward to give him to some other club - a foreign one preferably.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:05 PM, Jason said:

Sorry to say this but Ray Wilkins is a complete idiot! :doh:

yes its surprising that he was so well thought of as our assistant - every time he opens his mouth about chelsea, he just sounds like an ignorant fan with little knowledge about football