test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

22. Willian

Started by Jason,

4,527 posts in this topic
47 minutes ago, Robguima said:

I think we missed matic more than united benefited from his presence. I was under no illusion that he was irreplaceable, but we obviously did not get a proper cm to partner kante, which did hurt us. no player is irreplaceable, not even Eden. It just takes money and talent to do it, both of which we seem to be lacking lately.

Willian returned to his regular self against Belgium. Not really surprising that the team looked a lot better once Douglas costa was brought in. Whoever buys him must be only looking for his tactical contribution.

Everyone who now for some unknown reason is saying how good Matic was for us and how we miss him blah blah blah should just remember the 16/17 season. 99% on here at one time or another was screaming Blue murder about him For not just 1 reason but for a list. Just go back if youve got some spare time and remind yourselves of just how bad his performances were.

He had 1/2 or so of a good season since he came back. OK I Might give some of the problem may be we had Bane and Cahil at the same time but the 3 together was just a joke.

I think Matic is a nice lad but if we had bought a better replacement (OR we do so this season - ummmmm) then he wont even be remembered,

I dont mind that we sold HIM to Manure but no way I want them to get their filthy Manc hands on Willi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think we missed matic more than united benefited from his presence. I was under no illusion that he was irreplaceable, but we obviously did not get a proper cm to partner kante, which did hurt us. no player is irreplaceable, not even Eden. It just takes money and talent to do it, both of which we seem to be lacking lately. Willian returned to his regular self against Belgium. Not really surprising that the team looked a lot better once Douglas costa was brought in. Whoever buys him must be only looking for his tactical contribution.

 

He's nothing much more than a willing runner with little to no end product & shines when those around him performing. The odd bright moment can't mask that. 

 

 

Douglas Costa should have been starting ahead of him after the group games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 1:12 AM, Unionjack said:

Everyone who now for some unknown reason is saying how good Matic was for us and how we miss him blah blah blah should just remember the 16/17 season. 99% on here at one time or another was screaming Blue murder about him For not just 1 reason but for a list. Just go back if youve got some spare time and remind yourselves of just how bad his performances were.

He had 1/2 or so of a good season since he came back. OK I Might give some of the problem may be we had Bane and Cahil at the same time but the 3 together was just a joke.

I think Matic is a nice lad but if we had bought a better replacement (OR we do so this season - ummmmm) then he wont even be remembered,

I dont mind that we sold HIM to Manure but no way I want them to get their filthy Manc hands on Willi.

Heh Not sure what people were complaining about esp after winning the league, but that’s me I guess.

had we had then, and the big ‘if’, but we did not and we may still not. After a bakayoko was signed, I believe the club is simply looking for the wrong things.

for me is the other way around. I won’t mind Willian there as much, but would def prefer elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like it or not, he's one of our best players. Everyone who wants him out, who do we buy with £50m that will be better for us than Willian over the next couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willian almost eliminated Barca in the CL.
But he has had a very bad tournament for the world cup, having started in all of Brazil's matches.
Brazil played well, so it can't be said that he was let down by the rest of the team.
That makes his position somewhat suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Willian almost eliminated Barca in the CL.
But he has had a very bad tournament for the world cup, having started in all of Brazil's matches.
Brazil played well, so it can't be said that he was let down by the rest of the team.
That makes his position somewhat suspect.

Did brazil play well?

 

Jesus didnt look too hot, and Paulinho looked the same.

 

It seems to me Neymar and Coutinho tried to take over the show, and didnt let the team shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Brazil did not play very well and Belgium was the first good team they faced and lost. Despite the hype, this Brazil team was never really good enough to be consider the favorites to win it. Did they take some stopping? Sure, but big teams usually do.

Willian is just yet another cog that makes this Brazil team a bit more average... lightweight and short esp up front. His performance against Belgium was embarrassing: heavy touches, bad passing, and nothing produced in attack. Only Fernandinho managed to be worse, but that’s not he first time for Fernandinho (poor player).

the only thing I still liked about Willian was that he was a big game player, and now I have to question it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real final was Belgium v. Brazil.
Brazil were not great but they managed against Serbia and Mexico.
The team that failed dismally was Argentine.
Willian cannot blame team mates for his poor performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Robguima said:

No Brazil did not play very well and Belgium was the first good team they faced and lost. Despite the hype, this Brazil team was never really good enough to be consider the favorites to win it. Did they take some stopping? Sure, but big teams usually do.

Willian is just yet another cog that makes this Brazil team a bit more average... lightweight and short esp up front. His performance against Belgium was embarrassing: heavy touches, bad passing, and nothing produced in attack. Only Fernandinho managed to be worse, but that’s not he first time for Fernandinho (poor player).

the only thing I still liked about Willian was that he was a big game player, and now I have to question it. 

TBH, he was the best DM in the league last season. He is a very good player who had a bad game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Stats said:

TBH, he was the best DM in the league last season. He is a very good player who had a bad game.

Fernandinho? Best DM is Kante by far IMO, but Fernandinho was indeed good in a long championship and in a system in which he does not have to defend that much.

In CL his performances are subpar. He was one of the worst performers against Germany in the 7x1 ('14). He was a liability then, and once again a liability against Belgium. Some people think it's just a bad game, but I don't see it that way. I see a player who does not do well in big games, which is all that matters in a WC, if you want to be a contender that is. In Brazil folks question his mentality, but I'd go a bit further and question his technique too... he does well in City system and plays lots of easy passes. Once the game is tighter and the opposition gets in his face, his passing goes down the hill. Reminds me of Mikel.

Is he better than Bakayoko? Sure, who isn't. BUt I would NOT like Fernandinho at CHelsea. It's the same as with WIllian, good/decent player but we need more that what he has been giving us to improve the team.

11Drogba and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willian liked this instagram post.

Jose Mourinho has joined the fight for @ willianborges88 although the player would prefer to come to @fcbarcelona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willian has in the space of a few years gone from being the most underrated player in our squad to the most overrated.

At the start people focused too much on what he couldn't go while playing down what he could do, now it's gone well, well too far the other way, it will only get worse if he goes United as the grass is greener shite will kick in to go with it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely ideal scenario - sell to Barca for a stupid fee and sign Bailey as his replacement.

Not so ideal scenario but one I'd do - swap with Martial.

Unionjack and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolutely ideal scenario - sell to Barca for a stupid fee and sign Bailey as his replacement.
Not so ideal scenario but one I'd do - swap with Martial.


I would actually prefer him to go to Man U. He improved them slightly but not enough for it matter. If the fees are the same, I would send him to United.

He has such poor end product that he would hold them back. It likely stops them from getting a player that would progress them as a team. That's ideal to me. I felt the same about matic. It hurts them over the long term.

I would also love martial. I know his end product is inconsistent but I think he needs a manager that will believe in him instead of criticize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

 


I would actually prefer him to go to Man U. He improved them slightly but not enough for it matter. If the fees are the same, I would send him to United.

He has such poor end product that he would hold them back. It likely stops them from getting a player that would progress them as a team. That's ideal to me. I felt the same about matic. It hurts them over the long term.

I would also love martial. I know his end product is inconsistent but I think he needs a manager that will believe in him instead of criticize.

 

He's a perfect Mourinho player, works hard for the team but it also capable of a moment of magic to win a game, though I agree not very often. He is also deadly on counter attacks and set pieces,  I wouldn't want to see him playing against us no matter how bad people make him out to be, he is a good player and not as easy to replace as people think.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dreamcfc said:

He's a perfect Mourinho player, works hard for the team but it also capable of a moment of magic to win a game, though I agree not very often. He is also deadly on counter attacks and set pieces,  I wouldn't want to see him playing against us no matter how bad people make him out to be, he is a good player and not as easy to replace as people think.

The perfect Mourinho player is one that is no longer effective in the modern game.  His methods and tactics are outdated and ineffective at the VERY top level. So I am more than happy to let him have his "perfect player".  

He has the ability to create magic, but he does not have the awareness or the vision or the brain to actually execute it.  He is unbelievably technically talented, but it means nothing cause he doesn't produce except for his annual purple patch of a few games.  

I think his set pieces are overrated after that season he scored a few off of them.  I don't think he has scored one since, but I could be wrong.  So yes, I agree he is a good player, but nothing more.  Very easily replaceable.  And one that would continue to stagnate the United side.  

Tomo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.