test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

22. Willian

Started by Jason,

4,544 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

All those with this anxiety to get rid of the "middle class" of the team should remember our transfer policy:

-  when we sell Matic we dont bring Tony Kroos, we sign Bakayoko; when we sell Costa we dont bring Suarez, we sign Morata, if we sell Willian i bet it will be Carrillo from Watford.

Yep. Think if I was deciding, it’s confirmed that I would sell Pedro before Willian as it stands. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I said it once I will say it again, if Willian's mind was as quick as his feet, he would be one of the best players in the world. He got the skills, the technique, the brain and the shooting skills on level with Hazard's but he just has not that intelligent. Still let's hope for a few sharp moments of his against Barca. Definitely deserves to start.

In no way he should start. 

He will be a lose passenger. 

He is good where he is at, a super sub. 

Leif likes this

In no way he should start. 
He will be a lose passenger. 
He is good where he is at, a super sub. 
We have to take the game to Barcelona at home, so I hope we go with a front 3. I'd prefer him to Pedro right now despite his limitations

Just shows how Willian should be played, he was amazing in a free role, has been used more for defensive purposes throughout his Chelsea Career, but this displays his attacking quality

Johnnyeye likes this

It's not necessarily overly WOW but Willian is arguably in the best form of his life ever since joining us.
His numbers probably state otherwise, but recent performances have set an example.

Hope he can take this type of form into our next three games, as I can see Conte fielding a simple link up in at least two of them.
Johnnyeye likes this

I've always thought he does better in a free role or more central. Seems to be the case. 

He was amazing today.

Johnnyeye likes this

Was our best player by a mile. On second thoughts quite disappointed with Eden he talked the talk pre game about wanting to shine against Barca but he didn’t really walk the walk (wasn’t easy Busquets kept him in check when he dropped deeper pretty excellently). If we can get Eden and Willian both playing at that level that Willian did tonight we have every chance to qualify imo. 

Johnnyeye likes this