Willian

Jase

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I'd say more of our fans underrate him than overrate him. None of us are deluded enough to consider Willian world class or anything, but the hate I see talked about him on Twitter is ridiculous. Many of our own fans talk as if he's a complete donkey.

If we were to sign someone like Mahrez that's the only way I could see Willian being displaced on the right. That's not happening and to be honest, it's not totally necessary. We'd see much more of an improvement in our attack with an Oscar upgrade than a Willian one. Coincidently, Mahrez could play there too.

Just don't think the club are even considering any attacking mids currently as we have scrubs like Pedro and Cuadrado taking up roster spaces.

Pedro will be a good asset if used properly, his strengths are movement and combinations, an last year our team didn't have much of that.

12 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

You still think Willian is better than Mane?

This forum greatly overrates him for some reason.

Mane has produced performances like that before. How he performs over a full season is a different thing though.

He's young and I don't know how good he'll become because I can't predict the future. But right now he's still a raw player who's only shown flashes of top quality rather than someone who's been playing at a high level for years.

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

I'd say more of our fans underrate him than overrate him. None of us are deluded enough to consider Willian world class or anything, but the hate I see talked about him on Twitter is ridiculous. Many of our own fans talk as if he's a complete donkey.

If we were to sign someone like Mahrez that's the only way I could see Willian being displaced on the right. That's not happening and to be honest, it's not totally necessary. We'd see much more of an improvement in our attack with an Oscar upgrade than a Willian one. Coincidently, Mahrez could play there too.

Just don't think the club are even considering any attacking mids currently as we have scrubs like Pedro and Cuadrado taking up roster spaces.

Putting aside Willian for one moment, I find it ridiculous and even laughable that people overrate Mahrez. One good season and he's suddenly a world beater in the eyes of many. :doh:

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

Mane has produced performances like that before. How he performs over a full season is a different thing though.

He's young and I don't know how good he'll become because I can't predict the future. But right now he's still a raw player who's only shown flashes of top quality rather than performing someone who's been playing at a high level for years.

His goal yesterday was incredulous though. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Putting aside Willian for one moment, I find it ridiculous and even laughable that people overrate Mahrez. One good season and he's suddenly a world beater in the eyes of many. :doh:

Don't think he's a world beater but he's a top class player. Can get you double digit goals and double digit assists from the wing. You just have to trust he wasn't a one season wonder just like we will with Kante and hopefully Koulibaly.

I think Mahrez would be amazing at a bigger club.

59 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

His goal yesterday was incredulous though. 

The power and the skill. In most cases a goal like that is the result of poor defending for the most part but that was all Mane.

Can't pick between that goal and Coutinho's FK. That FK almost defies logic.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing amazing so far. 

Said it all summer, he hit his peek and just like Ivanovic you need to sell before declining in value. 

Might produce something good here and there, but I doubt we will get a higher offer for him as the one we had this summer. 

He just has a spark here and there. His place in the starting XI is understandable if he can deliver game changing moments, but he doesn't. Being ineffective for large portions of the matches won't suffice.

Needs to be dropped IMO.

Knew this was going to happen. 

We keep doing the same mistake again, just like Ivanovic after a time we fall in love and don't move them. 

Same thing is happening with Willian, last season was his peek and instead of move him on and get a nice pay day we fall in love. 

And thus we end up with players like Ivan that decrease in value and quality. 

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

Same thing is happening with Willian, last season was his peek and instead of move him on and get a nice pay day we fall in love. 

Last season was his 'peak' only because he scored those free kicks. Take that out and he did nothing of note, just like how he always does.

Willian has pace and is hardworking. But that's about it. He has almost next to ZERO intelligence, poor decision making, predictable with the ball and his corners (FFS!).