Willian

Jase

9 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

No doubt I have an agenda but if you want what's best for the club then you'd agree Willian needs replacing. Mahrez, Mhkitaryan, Sanchez, Martial, Sane, Coutinho, Mane, Sterling, Lamela, Eriksen, De Bruyne, Payet are all players that you could argue are better than Willian at other PL clubs & a few of those are average.

Hazard, New RW, Willian, Musonda. That's the ideal depth chart for wingers for me. Willian as an automatic starter has been a disaster.

Lamela? LOL. Willian is much better than Lamela. Sterling has not performed since joining City and I think at this current time majority of City fans would take Willian over Sterling. Willian is better than him. Sane has tremendous potential but he would not get in ahead of Willian right now. People need to stop living in this fantasy world.

CoEnzZ8WgAEF_Rg.jpg

Don't judge a player just by numbers, but this is ridiculous.  Talk can't charge good numbers of William just shows that this is a very limited player.

Just an example, Mahrez plays in the same position, is as important tactically as Willian (Who attended the games of Leicester saw how he came back to defend, because the team played in a 4-4-2, and the wingers have to help much), and that didn't stop him scoring 17 goals and 11 assists in the PREMIER LEAGUE. That's the difference.

20 minutes ago, Abreu03 said:

Just an example, Mahrez plays in the same position

While it's all well and good pointing to Mahrez, let's see how he follows up. Leicester will struggle this season, even if they keep Mahrez, so using him as an example isn't really the best. His dazzling form came from nowhere and the same can be said about Willian. 

But again, no-one's arguing Willian isn't world-class. Of course he's not and yes he's limited in what he can do on the ball in the final third, but to anyone who saw Willian pre-2014 will know that's what you get with him anyway :lol:. Average is also harsh, he's very good as @DYC. is making the point of and as such he's useful considering the lack of world-class right wingers in the game let alone available right now!

Why Chelsea Simply Can’t Rely on Willian Moving Forward

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/articles/why-chelsea-simply-cant-rely-on-willian-moving-forward

Its basically how I feel about him. I like the lad alot but.....

Right now I'd stick Cuadrado in over him and give him a good chance. Doubt Conte will lat last years POTY warm the bench tho.

His major positive is that he has a great work ethic. After that I don't see what he does. On the field he's often a black hole where the ball just goes and comes out on an opposing player's feet.

Positives of Willian : 
Great engine

Negatives : 

Can't beat his man. He has speed and technique but it's useless unless he has a head start which is maybe once a game.

Can't cross

Can't pass (loses the ball way too often)

Can't score

Can't assist enough

Once we shore up the defense he won't really be that much of a defensive asset and his offensive flaws will get exposed even more.

3 hours ago, nono said:

His major positive is that he has a great work ethic. After that I don't see what he does. On the field he's often a black hole where the ball just goes and comes out on an opposing player's feet.

Positives of Willian : 
Great engine

Negatives : 

Can't beat his man. He has speed and technique but it's useless unless he has a head start which is maybe once a game.

Can't cross

Can't score

Can't assist enough

Once we shore up the defense he won't really be that much of a defensive asset and his offensive flaws will get exposed even more.

Should be converted to Right back imo. Could be our Marcelo.

Positives of Willian : 

Great engine

Negatives : 

Can't cross

Can't score

Can't assist enough

His flaws were masked when are team was as bad as it was last season. We can only hope we're a different side this season and all the above will be clear as day.

7 hours ago, nono said:

Positives of Willian : 
Great engine

Negatives : 

Can't cross

Can't score

Can't assist enough

ZCMadJv.jpg

13 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Why Chelsea Simply Can’t Rely on Willian Moving Forward

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/articles/why-chelsea-simply-cant-rely-on-willian-moving-forward

Its basically how I feel about him. I like the lad alot but.....

Right now I'd stick Cuadrado in over him and give him a good chance. Doubt Conte will lat last years POTY warm the bench tho.

Well we're not exactly averse to leaving last year's POTY on the bench now, are we :Goober:

2 hours ago, nono said:

Fucking brutal.

I'm not complaining about his passing like that, what bugs me is with all his speed and technique, he finds it hard to beat his man easily. And he has anelka moments where he slows down the speed of our game and passes back to ivanovic. 

I think we should try him in a 3 man midfield, instead of being on the wing, at least his ability to protect the ball under pressure will help us in possession. Because wingers should be more daring and attempt to dribble past his marker or be able to put in good crosses and for all willian's speed and technique he does none of the above. 

Maybe if he was on the left wing he'll be able to cut in and shoot with his right more. But he's the least of our problems for now. When we fix our defense, we can look into this matter. 

I believe we need a left-footed winger on the right, it might just seem fancy because that's what modern football has brought in the last 10 years or so but it really helps your offensive build up when your winger is already facing the defender to the inside on his strong foot rather than the opposite.

Willian has immense technique and great speed, he can be really creative at times and when he has space he can do a lot of damage, but we'll never get the best f him putting him in a wing where he will go to the outside and get a corner at best, not everyone has the skill of Hazard who can do it on both wings, so I really think we should move him to a three man midfield as suggested here, he has it all in him.

Or at worst, right back, surely can't be worse than what we have now.

The football fanbase is so fickle. All it takes is a few bad games and everybody jumps on the hate bandwagon. 

Let me make this clear: Willian was NOT a free kick merchant last season. Sure, he had some off periods but that doesn't mean he wasn't influential throughout most of the season. He contributes a lot with his drive, dribbling and passing. Few bad games in pre-season means nothing.

On 8/7/2016 at 2:20 PM, DYC. said:

Seriously? Out of that list of players only Sanchez, De Bruyne and Payet are comfortably better and Payet has to show he can keep this up. Mahrez and Mkhi both reached a level Willian has never touched last season, agreed, but they were nobodies prior to 15/16 (Mkhi was decent at best before Tuchel). Martial is highly talented but has a lot to prove still, needs to find that consistency. Eriksen is on a similar level. Coutinho, no. Just no. Would always pick Willian over him in my team. Mane, Lamela, Sane and Sterling... Haha, that's just funny. And I say that as a Sane fan. He's all potential at the moment.

Have to agree with that final part though. That would be nice (good luck finding that world-class option on the right though). That said, Willian is the least of Chelsea's problems.

You still think Willian is better than Mane?

This forum greatly overrates him for some reason.

16 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

You still think Willian is better than Mane?

This forum greatly overrates him for some reason.

I'd say more of our fans underrate him than overrate him. None of us are deluded enough to consider Willian world class or anything, but the hate I see talked about him on Twitter is ridiculous. Many of our own fans talk as if he's a complete donkey.

If we were to sign someone like Mahrez that's the only way I could see Willian being displaced on the right. That's not happening and to be honest, it's not totally necessary. We'd see much more of an improvement in our attack with an Oscar upgrade than a Willian one. Coincidently, Mahrez could play there too.

Just don't think the club are even considering any attacking mids currently as we have scrubs like Pedro and Cuadrado taking up roster spaces.