test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

22. Willian

Started by Jason,

4,004 posts in this topic

Never seems to be able to play the final ball. Home, away or in his backyard.

As bad as he was today against stoke, and he was pretty bad, the irking part to me was his inability to stay on his feet... with a lot of it being blatant dives in my book.

Poor decision making all day long. Too many touches or not timing passes right, shame because he carries the ball well in moments and can open space up for people but today he was frustrating.

Really... really poor performance from him today, losing possession at any time and can't even dribbles and pass right

Surly he was brain dead on the other day. I could have fly down to Stoke from India, sneaked in to the pitch pretending as Chelsea player and ask for the ball but still he would be holding the ball thinking what to do with it!

any particular reason he keeps dribbling towards our goal? and then loses the ball

It's really a shame. An extremely talented player(and that's not an exaggeration by any means) let down by his brain in the final third.

This is not as big of a problem against bigger teams since he's much better than Pedro in transition, but against mid-bottom table sides Pedro should be starting. 

Chelsea? likes this

On September 24, 2017 at 3:07 AM, Miguelito said:

It's why he needs to play further back. I wish he would have been tried as a CM or even a wingback years ago.

The wingback option was just romanticism i think. Conte has never even named him as a possibility in that position and has tried every winger and fullback at the club bar him and Hazard at wingback since his arrival. There is clearly a very, very good reason he's never played at wingback.