Willian

Jase

We can't sign Koulibaly from Napoli and we are probably going to fall back on Rudiger.
Nevermind selling Willian of all people and think about replacing him with a player of higher quality. Not going to happen.
Which are these players of higher quality who would come?
And why would we make our already full hands, fuller with yet another position to fill in?
There's a black hole binary system orbiting around our defence and midfield before we can even think about other areas of the pitch.

9 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I've never been one of Willian's biggest  fans, and for the right price I think he should be sold.

He simply doesn't offer enough going forward. No bite at all, and this season besides that 4 months spell when he was hitting FKs at will, the goals went missing, and Willian returned to his normal self. 

If reports are to be believed, Willian was already pretty upset (pre JM at ManU) Chelsea for not offering a contract extension already given how he performed this season. In an ideal World, we would keep Willian and he'd be a proper bench option, but I think it's clear he would never accept that role. 

The way I see it, we need to surround Hazard with other Top Top attacking talents, and that means serious upgrades on Oscar, Costa and Willian. In that order too, may I add. 

Oscar would be easily replaced but who are we getting that's an upgrade on Willian without CL football?

Definitely that type of player that gives you mixed feelings whether he stays or goes. For £60m (even £50m) I'd say take the money and run. But if Conte decides to keep him then I'm fine with it. I do not agree with those who say that he's been in some terrific form this season. Did the donkey work as he usualy does between August and December, coupled with some free kicks, but other than that he's been pretty much rubbish for the past 5 months. Nowhere near a £60m player, but if anyone offers that sum, even if it's United, the club would be stupid not to jump on it.

On 5/26/2016 at 7:00 AM, Tomo said:

Dropping then eventually selling Juan was 100% the right decision by Jose, were he went wrong was that he picked the wrong replacement, it should have been De Bruyne.

Point taken and agreed with. Juan was never going to be the long-term n10 for this club, his limitations were inherently obvious. 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

United got Di Maria without CL football....

True, but can you really see our now penny pinching board paying £60m or more on a single player like they did with Di Maria? Not sure I can.

This Di Maria to United is so overused and misleading.
-We're not United.
-I don't believe United was Di Maria's first choice.
-Real really wanted to get rid of Di Maria (as far as I remember)
-United happened to be the only ones willing to pay that sum at the time.
Selling Willian, or any player not named Mikel-Ivanovic is suicide. The squad is already thin with depth and quality.

6 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

We can't sign Koulibaly from Napoli and we are probably going to fall back on Rudiger.
Nevermind selling Willian of all people and think about replacing him with a player of higher quality. Not going to happen.
And why would we make our already full hands, fuller with yet another position to fill in?
There's a black hole binary system orbiting around our defence and midfield before we can even think about other areas of the pitch.

Correct. If we had another equally good player in our team I don't think you can ignore a 60m offer. Alas we don't have that replacement and selling Willian so we can potentially get a replacement as good as Willian is not worth the trouble considering the far bigger holes we have in our current team. You don't just go out and buy 3-4 top players at once (Which we need IMO).

I'm definitely not a Willian "fanboy" whatsoever but I still stand by my opinion that you can be a big team and win with Willian in your first-11. He's not a star but he's not a liability either; Willian's ability to keep the ball and to not make any mistakes leading to us conceding makes him a plus-player worth keeping around. Play Willian with Hazard, Fabregas, and a 3rd creative player (whether that's an offensive fullback or another creative midfielder) and you will see his true value to the team.

8 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

leroy sane?  if went after him strongly, could probably land him

3 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

This Di Maria to United is so overused and misleading.
-We're not United.
-I don't believe United was Di Maria's first choice.
-Real really wanted to get rid of Di Maria (as far as I remember)
-United happened to be the only ones willing to pay that sum at the time.
Selling Willian, or any player not named Mikel-Ivanovic is suicide. The squad is already thin with depth and quality.

You are right. In an interview after moving to PSG, he said his first choice was always to stay at Real Madrid but in other words he was forced out the club and he stated PSG was his first choice of a move however because of the financial restrictions imposed on PSG at the time, the move was impossible and ended up moving to United.

15 hours ago, lucio said:

leroy sane?  if went after him strongly, could probably land him

Good prospect, but that's what he is right now, a very, very good prospect. Why don't give a chance to Musonda then?
Wouldn't be against us signing him, but then again, do we prefer buying yet another RW/RM and neglect CB/FB/CM?