Willian

Jase

Willian told Copa90: "That's my dream, to become player of the year, to win the World Cup, to be a legend at Chelsea."

Legend at Chelsea...nice. If only 3/4 of the rest squad looked to achieve same and not fuck around all the time.

Chelsea youngster Kenedy has surprisingly named Willian as the most skilful player he’s played with in his career.

The 19-year-old Brazilian made the move to Stamford Bridge this summer and has told the club’s official website how impressed he’s been with Willian in particular.

Despite being at Chelsea alongside flair players such as Eden Hazard, Pedro and Oscar, Kenedy gave this response when asked to name his most skilful teammate: ‘I would have to say Willian, he’s a very talented player and has been very good this season.’

Kenedy also spoke about his desire to perfect the ‘elastico’ skill of Brazil legend Ronaldinho, though he was quick to point out that Willian does it well too.

Asked what move he’s worked on most, he said: ‘The elastic skill which Ronaldinho was so good at, Willian also does it.

‘It’s when you put your foot on the ball, look to go one way and then go in the opposite direction

‘When I was young and playing with my friends that was the skill we always used to try to do.’

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/19/chelsea-forward-kenedy-names-willian-as-his-most-skilful-team-mate-5512800/?

Yeah I heard brazil FA is corrupted, sponsors pick players etc...Nothing surprising when you see bunch of their players from china league, brazil league, etc meanwhile players like Alex Teixeira, Allan and similar dont make the cut...

Yeah I heard brazil FA is corrupted, sponsors pick players etc...Nothing surprising when you see bunch of their players from china league, brazil league, etc meanwhile players like Alex Teixeira, Allan and similar dont make the cut...

even coutinho cant get in the brazil squad and coutinho is in better form than oscar

Willian is seriously inconsistent with his set pieces. How can he be so lethal in shooting directly at goal from a free kick but can't even deliver a decent into the box for someone else to attack? Some of his corners yesterday failed to beat even the first man! :doh:

Willian is seriously inconsistent with his set pieces. How can he be so lethal in shooting directly at goal from a free kick but can't even deliver a decent into the box for someone else to attack? Some of his corners yesterday failed to beat even the first man! :doh:

Next year I will celebrate my 50th anniversary as a Chelsea fan so I've been watching this game for a long while. During that period I've heard, and read, similar comments thousands of times but people don't need to be as old as me to have come across it. I've a feeling that, even if you've been a football fan for just a couple of hours, there's a fair chance you'll have heard, or perhaps said, something very much like this. Often the point is made in the form of a question. For example, "How hard can it be just to beat the first man?"

Well, the clue to the answer can be seen in how frequently this issue comes up. Because fans need to complain about this so regularly it must mean that the answer is, "Much harder than it seems." How else can we explain the fact that professional footballers, of all clubs and nationalities, so often fail to manage it?

Next year I will celebrate my 50th anniversary as a Chelsea fan so I've been watching this game for a long while. During that period I've heard, and read, similar comments thousands of times but people don't need to be as old as me to have come across it. I've a feeling that, even if you've been a football fan for just a couple of hours, there's a fair chance you'll have heard, or perhaps said, something very much like this. Often the point is made in the form of a question. For example, "How hard can it be just to beat the first man?"

Well, the clue to the answer can be seen in how frequently this issue comes up. Because fans need to complain about this so regularly it must mean that the answer is, "Much harder than it seems." How else can we explain the fact that professional footballers, of all clubs and nationalities, so often fail to manage it?

far too much logic in there for some of these to comprehend but as someone just a couple years behind you, I agree totally.

Must be the change of ball every few months ;-)

Not buying that. We're talking about something that can be improved in practice/training, not something that can only be done by a few footballers. I'm not saying that we have to score from every corner or free kick but the least a player should do is deliver the ball into the box without hitting the first man. If it only happens once every blue moon, then fine. But it has happened way too often and it's the same problem every time even with different takers - Willian, Fabregas, Oscar etc. It's absolutely criminal that you get a chance to score from a set piece and you can't even beat the first man!

Not buying that. We're talking about something that can be improved in practice/training, not something that can only be done by a few footballers. I'm not saying that we have to score from every corner or free kick but the least a player should do is deliver the ball into the box without hitting the first man. If it only happens once every blue moon, then fine. But it has happened way too often and it's the same problem every time even with different takers - Willian, Fabregas, Oscar etc. It's absolutely criminal that you get a chance to score from a set piece and you can't even beat the first man!

Not sure what it is that you're not buying Jay.

I'd have thought the fact that you have given a list of players from our current squad blighted by this problem, that we could all name many similarly afflicted players from every Chelsea squad for as far back as our individual memories stretch and that fans of every club could carry out the same exercise, would all underline the accuracy of what I've written.

Edit: Didn't take notice of the nice quip in your last line at the first time of reading. Clever. :)

Not sure what it is that you're not buying Jay.

I'd have thought the fact that you have given a list of players from our current squad blighted by this problem, that we could all give a list of names of similarly afflicted players in every Chelsea squad for as far back as our individual memories stretch and that fans of every club could carry out the same exercise, would underline the accuracy of what I've written.

As far as I remember, this wasn't much of a problem until like 2-3 years ago. It's like we don't even practice taking set pieces in training because if we really do, the deliveries wouldn't have been so inconsistent. Used to remember we have an excellent set piece takers before this current crop of players - Lampard, Ballack, Deco etc (can even throw Mata in there too).

As far as I remember, this wasn't much of a problem until like 2-3 years ago. It's like we don't even practice taking set pieces in training because if we really do, the deliveries wouldn't have been so inconsistent. Used to remember we have an excellent set piece takers before this current crop of players - Lampard, Ballack, Deco etc (can even throw Mata in there too).

All the names you've mentioned frequently hit the first man.

You've given a time frame of 2-3 years ago. If I take four years ago as definitely being outside that period and look at season 2011-2012, how much will you give me if I search the archives and find 100 mentions of this problem in that season alone? I'm confident that I would. :)

perhaps its the way we always try to 'fizz' it in at lower faster trajectory rather than the odd lofted dolly drop to the far post or pen spot which are easier to defend.

Mata was far better than anyone taking setpieces for us now

All the names you've mentioned frequently hit the first man.

You've given a time frame of 2-3 years ago. If I take four years ago as definitely being outside that period and look at season 2011-2012, how much will you give me if I search the archives and find 100 mentions of this problem in that season alone? I'm confident that I would. :)

But the likes of Willian, Oscar, Fabregas have all been consistently bad at it. Even if you can find examples of Lampard, Ballack etc failing at delivering set pieces in 2011/12, they weren't as bad on the whole as the first trio mentioned there. If the players practice them regularly in training, then the end result wouldn't be so inconsistent.

bring back Lewis Baker....can take decent set pieces with both feet.

I'm not saying that we need David Beckham, but it's kind of annoying to see footballers in our club almost always hitting the first man on corners.

Putting it in the middle would at least give the players a chance to go for it. In my opinion, they don't put much practice into it