Willian

Jase

I'm sure it might even improve his dribbling if he plays from the center. He can go either way instead of only to his right and he's strong enough to hold his ball under pressure compared to Oscar who passes it to no body everytime

Agreed. And tot think so many people made so many excuses about Schurrle being played out of position on the right etc but don't do the same for Willian.

Hopefully this carries on and we see the Drogba/Shevchenko affect, Drogba really started to push on and add end product to his play in his third season because of the added competition. Willian strikes me as a fighter just like Drogba and I think he has a good chance in pulling it off.... He never had real competition because Andy was always a impact player that we wanted to utilize off the bench.

Willian has been a bit shackled playing on the right. He doesn't really have the option of coming inside on his stronger foot and facing the play; moving inside gives him the space and the option of going either way which makes him different threat.

Either way?! He never goes left ever ever ever! Stepovers then on his right always. He's started/switched to the middle enough to know he doesn't want the other option. His assist may be one of, if not the only forward pass into the box by Willian in a Chelsea shirt :getin: If Cuadrado coming means he begins to produce than watch out Oscar.

I'm sure it might even improve his dribbling if he plays from the center. He can go either way instead of only to his right and he's strong enough to hold his ball under pressure compared to Oscar who passes it to no body everytime

with willian recent performace, he like could do everything oscar usually does but also doing better,

off the ball, both player is workhouse

but oscar often have fatigue issue

if oscar not in his best day, he just running and running but his pressing game not really effective for the team

On the ball, willian technique is kind of more superior than oscar

way better close control, better vision, and posses better technique to execute and make excellent pass,

have better shooting range aswell

and one of the most important willian not really easily loosing the ball when he under pressure

this one of the most critique aspect from oscar game aswell

oscar is still good player for me, but playing him as our CAM, too many off day because oscar too often deliver average performance

Im not saying put willian on the center, suddenly solved our CAM problem

because last season, we see willian also have average game when he playing there

but i really want to see mourinho give more opportunity to willian playing in oscar position/role and cudrado playing on the right

He was great. Cuadrado must've given him a right kick on the backside.

Should try and play him centrally with Juan on the right. Surely Oscar wouldn't start against Everton, not only because he has been poor but also the number of games he has played these past few weeks.

His play in the final third was slightly better (Assist for Hazard's goal), but still not first team quality.

Having said that, you can't in no way fault his effort.

If Willian's play yesterday wasn't first team quality (and I disagree with that statement) I'd love to hear your thoughts on Oscar's performance.

His play in the final third was slightly better (Assist for Hazard's goal), but still not first team quality.

Having said that, you can't in no way fault his effort.

Unfortunately, looks like that's going to be the case with Willian till he leaves/is sold. We'll be praising him for his defensive work not his attacking plays, even though he's an attacking player.

Unfortunately, looks like that's going to be the case with Willian till he leaves/is sold. We'll be praising him for his defensive work not his attacking plays, even though he's an attacking player.

Well people love praising Ivanovic's offensive play and he often couldn't defend for toffee.

Well people love praising Ivanovic's offensive play and he often couldn't defend for toffee.

Hence it's hilarious we praise attacking players for their defensive work and not their attacking play AND defensive players for their attacking play and not their defensive work. :doh:

Hence it's hilarious we praise attacking players for their defensive work and not their attacking play AND defensive players for their attacking play and not their defensive work. :doh:

If José had any sense he'd play Ivanovic up front instead of Costa and Willian at RB, but he's a clueless fucktard who has won nothing of note in his career.

he now deserves a run of games in the centre. did he not play there for shakhtar and vs stoke when he was really good? if cuadrado likes the right, leave him to take care of it, but we still need willian

I think he was quite good in the attack yesterday. If spending 26m pounds on Cuadrado is what gets Willian to play what he has the ability to play and open his eyes, well spent money.

He's improving imo and his last 2-3 matches were clearly his best here attacking wise imo, regardless if there were goals and/or assists. He's showing better vision, making better passes and daring more. I'm quite happy with the change.

If Willian's play yesterday wasn't first team quality (and I disagree with that statement) I'd love to hear your thoughts on Oscar's performance.

I was referring to his technical ability. He had several shots yesterday without hitting the target.

The less said about Oscar the better.