Willian

Jase

It's just sometimes hard to believe he's actually going to be 26 before the season starts and that we spent around £30 million on him. I think it's sometimes overlooked just how bad a bit of business that might actually be.

It was a bad business from the get-go. We had already signed Schürrle and if the initial plan was to sign a left-footed player to play on the right wing aka what Mourinho told us in the pre-season then Willian was more than just redundant.

Willian is in his prime and at a price of 30m we spent unnecessary money on a player that will most likely never justify such a fee. Such a shame about the money, really.

As much as I agree with the thing about a lack of end product, hes coming into his second season where he will get a full pre-season. He still did well, in terms of adapting and consistency, he needs more goals and assists though that will come. Maybe 30M was a bit much, remember Anzhi, although they sold their big money and name players, were financially safe at that point still, also they paid more than 30M for him too IIRC.

To those who said Willian will be getting a full pre-season or even just pre-season this time, do you realize that by the time he returns from his break, the season will be starting already? Spain got knocked out in the group stage at the end of last month, or more specifically, 23rd June and the Spanish lads will only be back on 21st July.

His average, not a 30 million player, had we paid around 15-20 I would not hv any problem but for 30 million I expect Hazard level, look at the players in that price range Sanchez, Hazard, Gotze, Fabregas, Di Maria, Isco just to name a few, Willian is certainly not in that bracket, it was a bad bit of business on our end considering he was not a top priority and we over paid by at least 10 million. This is not to say his a decent player, he is, its just that he is not good enough for the stupid price tag we bough him 4.

As much as I agree with the thing about a lack of end product, hes coming into his second season where he will get a full pre-season. He still did well, in terms of adapting and consistency, he needs more goals and assists though that will come. Maybe 30M was a bit much, remember Anzhi, although they sold their big money and name players, were financially safe at that point still, also they paid more than 30M for him too IIRC.

Looking at his career stats, I don't have any hopes his end product will change dramatically. His assist and goal scoring numbers are that poor.

To those who said Willian will be getting a full pre-season or even just pre-season this time, do you realize that by the time he returns from his break, the season will be starting already? Spain got knocked out in the group stage at the end of last month, or more specifically, 23rd June and the Spanish lads will only be back on 21st July.

Pre-season isn't that important when he already played a full year at the club. This time though he is fairly established and has to defend his spot (against Schürrle and Salah) instead of fighting himself into the team like he had to do last year.

• 3 weeks later...

While i appreciate his ability to retain possession, we are not Barcelona who emphasizes tiki taka above all else. His main objective is/and should be to create and score and it's impossible to achieve being passive. He will have to shake off his mikelitis and be much more aggressive and direct next season.

As much stick as people gave Moses, that kid was direct and aggressive, it just a shame he is very limited.

Willian managed 4 goals and 4 assists last season (whilst being on corner duty as well).

Moses managed 10 goals and 5 assists in less minutes.

Willian managed 4 goals and 4 assists last season (whilst being on corner duty as well).

Moses managed 10 goals and 5 assists in less minutes.

*6 assists.

+ Moses was a year long benchwarmer for Liverpool.

Looking at his career stats, I don't have any hopes his end product will change dramatically. His assist and goal scoring numbers are that poor.

He is what he is and that player has value on a Mourinho team. It's too bad his transfer fee was so absurd because it makes us want more than he can deliver. He's a hard-worker with great energy and he can create space with his pace and movement but he isn't much offensively. He plays with his head down, makes some strange decisions, hold on to the ball FOREVER instead of moving it quickly, and has a poor final product. (He's scored 44 goals in 317 career games, the vast majority of those games in a poor Ukranian league).

He is what he is and that player has value on a Mourinho team. It's too bad his transfer fee was so absurd because it makes us want more than he can deliver. He's a hard-worker with great energy and he can create space with his pace and movement but he isn't much offensively. He plays with his head down, makes some strange decisions, hold on to the ball FOREVER instead of moving it quickly, and has a poor final product. (He's scored 44 goals in 317 career games, the vast majority of those games in a poor Ukranian league).

lol salah scored 56 goals in 143 career games and he cost 11 mil,he got higher will to score than willian and even to be creative with his pace although he still need more experince but he just turned 22 years amonth ago, willian just too much energy makes him looks good but keeping the ball on same line and he is 26 years with only 44 goals in 317 career games and cost 30 mil...Lame!,if u asked me who i start with hazard i say shurrle or salah not willian.

lol salah scored 56 goals in 143 career games and he cost 11 mil,he got higher will to score than willian and even to be creative with his pace although he still need more experince but he just turned 22 years amonth ago, willian just too much energy makes him looks good but keeping the ball on same line and he is 26 years with only 44 goals in 317 career games and cost 30 mil...Lame!,if u asked me who i start with hazard i say shurrle or salah not willian.

Goals aren't everything. Willian keeps posssesion very well and has created the most chances after Hazard last season. Willian is also the one who sets up many attacks like Iniesta does (pre-assists). He's also very strong and better dribbler than Schurrle, Salah and Oscar. Willian contributes a lot to this team, also defensively. I agree he has to be more direct and effective in attacks but it doesn't mean he's bad.

Costa

Schurrle Hazard Willian

Matic Cesc

This is my favorite line up for next season.

Goals aren't everything. Willian keeps posssesion very well and has created the most chances after Hazard last season. Willian is also the one who sets up many attacks like Iniesta does (pre-assists). He's also very strong and better dribbler than Schurrle, Salah and Oscar. Willian contributes a lot to this team, also defensively. I agree he has to be more direct and effective in attacks but it doesn't mean he's bad.

Costa

Schurrle Hazard Willian

Matic Cesc

This is my favorite line up for next season.

are u joking??!! willian better dribbler than them??? plz go check match states about sucess dribbing of each player , u will find salah was highest dribbler after hazard it was hazard>salah>shurrle>oscar>willian...the more funny thing u saying he like iniesta i guess u watching someonelse, the only thing he good at is that he very active(highly fit) moving the ball around him alot but still on same line which not go forward

are u joking??!! willian better dribbler than them??? plz go check match states about sucess dribbing of each player , u will find salah was highest dribbler after hazard it was hazard>salah>shurrle>oscar>willian...the more funny thing u saying he like iniesta i guess u watching someonelse, the only thing he good at is that he very active(highly fit) moving the ball around him alot but still on same line which not go forward

Give me those statistics plz, im interested.

http://chelseaindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/rsz_1s2.jpg

Interesting graph.