Willian

Jase

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yes, Willian is good at dribbling with the ball, bringing it forward etc and you can say he's a right midfielder all you want but at the end of the day, he's been played as a winger ever since he got here. His numbers have been average at best and his inconsistent performances have been frustrating. As I mentioned previously, if people are gonna come here and tell everyone else about how great Willian is after 1 good performance every 10 games, then god help us all. Heck if this keeps up, we might actually enter the Torres territory of praising the player because he does ONE thing good and the bad things he does are ignored. 

Like I said, if you want player to create chances in final 3rd Willian is probably not your guy. I think most people want their winger to be fantastic in final 3rd that is fair. Then you need to have a team and system that suit that player. In the end of the day, that is what it is all about what kind of role do you want him to play.

In our case yesterday, Willian playing his role was needed. His running opened up everything for our offense, I can see pedro, Puli or Cho struggling in yesterday game. 

Willian wants to extend his six-year stay at Chelsea with a new contract and is targeting further silverware, including the Champions League.

The Brazilian is in the final year of his deal at Stamford Bridge, but Willian told the London Evening Standard that he is eager to prolong his Blues stay.

"From my side, I want to stay," Willian said. "I have one year left and I want to stay because I like to play for Chelsea. 

"I love this club, I love to live in London and my family loves it here. I have been here six years already so everything is perfect for me.

"Of course [there is more I want to do at Chelsea], win the Champions League! I want to win more titles here, I want to play more games, to score more goals so everything that I can do, I will try hard to do."

2 hours ago, Abreu03 said:

The biggest fraud in the history of the Premier League does not want to come out anyway, someone has to expel him as soon as possible.
When he leaves, it will be one of the happiest days.  

No surprise he wants to stay. He and Luiz maintain the restaurant in London. If he leaves for free at the end of the season watch him sign for Arsenal 😂

4 hours ago, the wes said:

Willian wants to extend his six-year stay at Chelsea with a new contract and is targeting further silverware, including the Champions League.

The Brazilian is in the final year of his deal at Stamford Bridge, but Willian told the London Evening Standard that he is eager to prolong his Blues stay.

"From my side, I want to stay," Willian said. "I have one year left and I want to stay because I like to play for Chelsea. 

"I love this club, I love to live in London and my family loves it here. I have been here six years already so everything is perfect for me.

"Of course [there is more I want to do at Chelsea], win the Champions League! I want to win more titles here, I want to play more games, to score more goals so everything that I can do, I will try hard to do."

7qxErz.gif

14 hours ago, Jason said:

It's a problem to expect a winger to contribute goals/assists and more importantly, perform consistently?

source.gif

Consistency is such a key word with him. With Willian, Alonso, Morata, an ageing Pedro, Luiz, Azpi starting last season, and Barkley, we had/have seven of the most wildly inconsistent starting players on a top 20 team in the world. Alonso was the worst, as he had the fewest great moments, Azpi was inconsistent on defence, he was never that great offensively. Pedro was either all-world or completely ghost, Morata would just drive me insane, as clearly he has staggering talent, but is the weakest (mentally) striker I have seen in decade plus. Barkley would look like a monster every fourth or fifth game, but when he was poor, it killed us. Willian is just stupid. I cannot think of any better descriptive word. He is clueless in terms of spatial offensive and timing. He had the speed and so rarely used it. He tries to play like Garrincha, but ends up with too much dribbling and tricksy ball hog rot, when he should have played more like Robben, slashing hard direct drives.

I so wanted to like him, but he makes it impossible. He is not lazy like Alonso (well wasn't as he has looked lethargic so far mostly) and also still has pace, but no brain. Alonso is also the slowest under 30yo fullback who started on a top team that I can ever remember. I have no idea why, as he seems to otherwise be a good athlete. If Willian were as slow as Alonso, he would be the worst winger in the EPL.