Willian

Jase

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

He has been good for us through the years but has been surplus for 2 seasons imo. It boggels my mind how we refused to sell him not once but twice to Barca for well over his value and now we are more than happy to extend and offer higher wages......its not savy at all and pretty stupid ban or no ban.

...from the same studio that brought you hits like Drinkwater...Bakayoko...Morata...

...Chelsea presents...

...The Great Willian.

Why people on this forum think because willian got number 10 jersey he's going to started the way our pre-season ended Pedro and pulisic are head off willian in the starting lineup atm I think lamps will pick players on performance not the number on their shirt I would put my money on that Pedro and pulisic will started against utd 

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

£65m:rant:

Football transfer news and rumours: 'Chelsea consider £65m Barcelona bid for Willian'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/23/football-transfer-news-rumours-chelsea-consider-65m-barcelona2/

Matt Law hammered Willian too, later on, on of the very rare times Law has had a go at a Chels player and the board in public

While I see the point, for years and years players like Drogba, Lampard, whoever else have also reportedly fallen out with manager X or manager Y or a coach or whatever, theres been this issue or that issue and lasted past the managers and nobody batted an eyelid. Willian, who other than that one moment with Conte (ho also had repeatedly fallen out with Luiz and Eden) hasnt done anything else. The club could have thrown their weight behind Conte but it was so clear they would sack him in like Feb or March, so dont see why its a huge issue.

If Willian had done a Tevez and gone AWOL or was being a continuous fuss yes I would see the issue but one moment (which yes it was wrong) is hardly enough to throw him out after what I would say, has been a successful period (2 PL titles, 1 Europa League, 1 FA cup and 1 EFL cup). If it was another player it wouldnt be half the issue, I get Willian splits opinions, he always has like many players here but I feel he continously is one that is repeatedly highlighted for next to nothing in the grand scheme of things. Lampard when AVB was here for instance, while none of its been 100% confirmed etc was reportedly speaking with Roman regarding AVB bla bla bla while its maybe not true or even if it is, compared to that post Willian put up on instagram, that is barely anything in todays day and age in regards to what has happened with other players at other clubs (Pogba-Mourinho bust up at Utd last season too). The likes of Serge Aurier slating Laurent Blanc and calling him a homosexual or whatever comes to mind. Willian hasn't done half as much as whats made out. 

We can definitely improve on him though. Undoubtedly. 

Willian is essentially one of the reasons we’ve done so poorly in Europe. The board look to him as the standard. 

Honestly baffles me how there are still people who defend this fraud. 5 league goals a season on average. FIVE. Should’ve been gone after 2017. A lot of things should’ve happened in 2017. A transfer window that has essentially fucked us from the brilliance of our board. 

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Willian is essentially one of the reasons we’ve done so poorly in Europe. The board look to him as the standard. 

Honestly baffles me how there are still people who defend this fraud. 5 league goals a season on average. FIVE. Should’ve been gone after 2017. A lot of things should’ve happened in 2017. A transfer window that has essentially fucked us from the brilliance of our board. 

Yet after 3 manager (Conte,Mou and Sarri)  and now Lampard, I have never heard that we are looking to move him. 

That is not board decision. If the manager does not fancy Willian, I'm pretty sure we can move him. 

Willian is not brilliant but is there any discipline winger who is better than Willian right now. The only player on top of my head right now is Mane. 

11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yep, Willian with over twice as many CL goals as Hazard is the reason we’re poor in Europe 🙃

12 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes Pepe went to Arsenal but guys I rate highly like Zaha, Sancho, Chiesa, Lozano didn't move this summer which is awesome news for us. Next summer I'm sure we will upgrade on Willian and Pedro with some of them. 

fingers crossed

the only wingers I truly rated (who are actually available, even if next year)

are (no order)

Pepe   gone

João Félix  gone

all the rest are still at their clubs!

Mbappe (and I would use him as a CF tbh) is not going to renew at PSG

Jadon Sancho still there

Zaha   still there (and again, I want him as a CF)

Iñaki Williams  still there and now is really a fulltime CF

Anthony Martial still there (CF play again)

Vinícius Júnior  still there (Real has FIVE left wingers, lol)

Ousmane Dembélé  still there, Barca would need to lower their price

Leroy Sane  still there unless Bayern blows up their bank, which they will not, and Pep will never let him go here anyway

Chiesa    still there

Mikel Oyarzabal   still there (shockingly)

Hirving Lozano    still there (amazingly)

Samuel Chukwueze  still there (also surprisingly) speed burner, only Mbappe and Williams are faster for sure on this list, maybe Sane and Dembélé

Ante Rebic   still there (is really more of a SS)

Talisca   still there , has moved from AMF to winger and CF more (between 3 leagues and also CL and EL, has scored 72 goals and  has 40 assists in his last 125 games)

Richarlison  still there, and not sold yet on him for the insane price Everton would want

so only TWO have moved, and Felix is more of an SS and AMF than a winger anyway

that said, Pepe WAS my number one RW want, I will admit that stings, but Sancho can probably be better

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

looked like he didnt want to play. no running. closing down.

no interest whatsoever.

he looked like he was trying too hard in a match that had got away from us.

If you want to see a winger who didnt want to be out there today then look at Pulisic.

39 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Lol... 

Legendary fraud.... 

Can't wait for Callum to come back quick so he can be relegated to our 4th choice winger... 

5th, after Barkley. 

Brasilians everywhere must be laughing at us.