Willian

Jase

On 14/06/2019 at 10:14 PM, the wes said:

I read that willian is a  devout Christian 

I'm not a superstitious man myself, but if people want to delude themselves about magic fairies in the sky that's their right. I therefore hope that the baptism was a wonderful experience for Willian and I wish him well.

On 18/06/2019 at 4:03 PM, Nicco said:

I'd rather play some academy player and finishing 10th than watching us refuse money again for this turd, just get rid of him.

I have never, and will never, understand how a supposed Chelsea fan can write about a Chelsea player in this disrespectful way. Willian may not be your idea of what Chelsea need, just as he isn't mine, but come on.

Note, if people read disrespect into my comment above then that disrespect should be seen as being aimed at what I regard as the stupidity of religion, not at the sincere faith of an honest man.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I have never, and will never, understand how a supposed Chelsea fan can write about a Chelsea player in this disrespectful way. Willian may not be your idea of what Chelsea need, just as he isn't mine, but come on.

Note, if people read disrespect into my comment above then that disrespect should be seen as being aimed at what I regard as the stupidity of religion, not at the sincere faith I'm an honest man.

Very weird post you can't understand how someone can be disrespectful to a Chelsea player but you then you're utterly disrespectful to his beliefs. And that's not even close to an apology your not a Tory MP are you ? I'm not interested in a theological debate by the way so I won't be replying I'm an honest man.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Nah. You disrespected him being a Christian.

Thanks Mana,

I see a clear distinction between my opinion of the man, and my opinion of what he believes. An analogy from the world of football: -

My favourite contributor to Arsenal Fan TV is Moh. He hates Chelsea with a passion but I admire his lucidity, his integrity and the passion he shows for his team. I have no respect for his views on Chelsea, but I have a great deal of respect for him.

44 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Very weird post you can't understand how someone can be disrespectful to a Chelsea player but you then you're utterly disrespectful to his beliefs. And that's not even close to an apology your not a Tory MP are you ? I'm not interested in a theological debate by the way so I won't be replying I'm an honest man.

Thanks Iggy,

OK, I accept that this is your view but I see a clear difference between opinions of a man, and opinions about what he thinks. I have friends who support Spurs and perhaps you do too. I have a deep dislike for their team, but that doesn't impact what I think about them. Of course they don't like Chelsea anymore than I like their team, but when they attack Chelsea I know it's not personal and I don't take it as such.

I had in mind that my second paragraph was a clarification, not an apology.

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm not a superstitious man myself, but if people want to delude themselves about magic fairies in the sky that's their right. I therefore hope that the baptism was a wonderful experience for Willian and I wish him well.

I do not think you are disrespecting him personally 

just wanted to say that

Willian, more often than not, has displayed a poor attitude, which directly reflects the long stretch of poor performances throughout a season. He has also disrepected our manager who has made him a league winner and FA cup winner, all at the same time, throwing his daughter under the bus about it. He is a player who has held us back for years, and now demands a better contract. 

To say we can't criticise him is nothing short of absurd. 

5 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I've just seen a typo in my post which probably prompted a part of your response. Where my post said, "...not the sincere faith I'm an honest man", I wanted it to say, not the sincere faith of an honest man. I've edited the original to make that change.

27 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Willian, more often than not, has displayed a poor attitude, which directly reflects the long stretch of poor performances throughout a season. He has also disrepected our manager who has made him a league winner and FA cup winner, all at the same time, throwing his daughter under the bus about it. He is a player who has held us back for years, and now demands a better contract. 

To say we can't criticise him is nothing short of absurd. 

I hope nothing I've written today comes across as me suggesting that we should not criticise Willian, or any other player come to that. I've criticised Willian many times myself over the last six years. I just don't think we should be aiming personal insults at players. In my book criticism; fine, insults; not fine.

16 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I hope nothing I've written today comes across as me suggesting that we should not criticise Willian, or any other player come to that. I've criticised Willian many times myself over the last six years. I just don't think we should be aiming personal insults at players. In my book criticism; fine, insults; not fine.

He's called him a Turd. Relax. 

Until CHO is healthy, it is all down to Pedro (my first choice) and Willian, at LW.

I think we are (I cannot believe I am typing this, sigh) mad as ass if we sell Willian this summer. We cannot roll with only 2 legit healthy wingers, and Willian is VASTLY superior to any other 3rd options we have (Moses, Kenedy, Musonda, Izzy Brown, Kasey Palmer).

21 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's pretty mild for this board actually.  Have you never looked in at the Alonso thread?