Willian

Jase

1 minute ago, Jype said:

It's not 50M + Malcom but rather 50M overall including the player.

Hard to say where that values Malcom at, but should definitely be lower than the £38M Barcelona paid for him last year.

still worth it

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

It's not 50M + Malcom but rather 50M overall including the player.

Hard to say where that values Malcom at, but should definitely be lower than the £38M Barcelona paid for him last year.

I see.  I got so excited that I didn't even read it properly.  

Well, this might be real, then.  And, I can see us turning it down if they are offering Malcolm + 10M.  

50m cash i'd take all day but Malcom + cash totalling 50m? even if they were to value Malcom around 35m..

Effectively we'd be left with a downgrade + 15m cash, I don't care that he is younger, for the near future, Malcom is not going to upgrade Willian and a move like this would knock us backwards. Janurary signings are too risky and like it or not, Willian is a big player for us.

1 minute ago, dreamcfc said:

50m cash i'd take all day but Malcom + cash totalling 50m? even if they were to value Malcom around 35m..

Effectively we'd be left with a downgrade + 15m cash, I don't care that he is younger, for the near future, Malcom is not going to upgrade Willian and a move like this would knock us backwards. Janurary signings are too risky and like it or not, Willian is a big player for us.

how so? he almost never scores, almost never assists, is holding back CHO, isn't a lockerroom leader, rarely affects games positivily despite always starting... how is he a big player for chelsea?

Just now, oldportblue said:

how so? he almost never scores, almost never assists, is holding back CHO, isn't a lockerroom leader, rarely affects games positivily despite always starting... how is he a big player for chelsea?

He's started pretty much every game this season, That tells me he is one of the more important players like it or not this is a fact.

Performances are irrelevant.

Think I'd be inclined to take the gamble on Malcom.  How many more opportunities are we going to get to sell Willian for a decent return.  He's not putting up good numbers this season and he's not getting any younger.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So very strange that Barca are so enamoured by Willian. He's so clearly not top level anymore. If he was any other nationality than Brazilian I don't think they'd have a second look.

Because Willian scored a goal against them. 

Seems they are like us, buy players who score against us. :D

13 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Too much logic here, but I will put my finger in my ears and say:

tenor.gif.c1c6c73775b3b8b82da396cd9829581e.gif

22 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

Performances are literally the only thing relevant in this discussion lol

A player that starts almost every game this season, is an important player in my opinion. Just because he has under performed in terms of goals/assists, does not mean he hasn't played a big role in the first half of the season.

Sure, he hasn't scored 40 goals but he is still a big part of the team every week, replacing him with someone who probably can't even speak English mid January is not something i'm getting excited about to be honest. As I said, if it was 50m cash then it's another story.

1 minute ago, dreamcfc said:

A player that starts almost every game this season, is an important player in my opinion. Just because he has under performed, does not mean he hasn't played a big role in the first half of the season.

Sure, he hasn't scored 40 goals but he is still a big part of the team every week, replacing him with someone who probably can't even speak English mid January is not something i'm getting excited about to be honest. As I said, if it was 50m cash then it's another story.

after 6 years willian barely speaks a word of English lol, weak argument. Especially considering Costa was a beast for us and couldnt speak a word of English...

Also, using your logic, anyone who plays regularly for a team is automatically important to the team... that's flawed logic imo. If we were to use that logic, we would never sell anyone from starting XI which is a silly notion...

Bottom line is that his performances have been horrible for a while and getting rid of him, in and of itself, would be beneficial to the team. Anyways that's just my opinion