Willian

Jase

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

We may get the 65 million but would we even reinvest and reinvest in getting better player(s)? This board would probably end up signing some dud on a free!

I could be in the minority, but I really think Willian's most effective days are behind him. I think there are better wingers out there for far less money. I realise the club is very slow and picky it seems, and generally ends up going for a choice I wouldn't, but, it is what it is. 

I mean, how much better is Willian than someone like Shaqiri? For me they fall into the same bracket of player, but are miles apart in price. Good for us, because we are selling one guy, but my point is, similar player, but I think it is very easy for us to make a move up, or at least sideways for less money than we are asking for Willian, and then upgrade elsewhere. I've always preferred someone more direct on that right wing because we have Eden who can stop, turn, hold, etc. Don't need Willian doing the same thing on the other wing while swapping all that with step-overs. 

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He's not going to turn him into world beaters, but they are better than us and he was one of our better players. Its bad precedent to give your better players to a better side in your league when given a choice.

There already is a precedent. Mata to Utd when after he wad our payer of the season. Played out good enough and Willian is older than Mata was back then. Woth the risk imo provided we upgrade

Chelsea transfer news: Bookies think Willian to Barcelona is ON despite Malcom arrival

CHELSEA star Willian could still move to Barcelona this summer, according to the bookies

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/719585/Chelsea-transfer-news-Willian-Barcelona

6 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Matic situation again.

If it's true and we get Pulisic/Martial/Bailey we won't regret this and TBH the way things are with United they need much more than Willian to improve.