Willian

Jase

Just now, LAM09 said:
5 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:
still rather sell him outside the league

We really shouldn't be concerned where he goes, if the club manages to get £50m~.

we seem to have a habit of letting players come back to bite us id rather he still go outside PL especially since the offer is the same - if all is to believed.

we seem to have a habit of letting players come back to bite us id rather he still go outside PL especially since the offer is the same - if all is to believed.

Matic hasn't done that IMO & Willian is almost 30.   

However, it's obviously a no-brainer if both clubs offer the same fee (transfer deadline is different btw). I just can't see Barcelona doing that

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Matic hasn't done that IMO & Willian is almost 30.   

However, it's obviously a no-brainer if both clubs offer the same fee (transfer deadline is different btw). I just can't see Barcelona doing that

Matic helped united to second place finish while we limped into 5th but we are on same page so its neither here nor there. if barca bid thats the only option to let him go i'd soon rather keep him then sell to utd again

Matic helped united to second place finish while we limped into 5th but we are on same page so its neither here nor there. if barca bid thats the only option to let him go i'd soon rather keep him then sell to utd again
Utd spent stupid amounts of money and still couldn't mount a serious challenge. Matic wasn't the reason either club finished in their respective positions.

Our window closes on 9th August whilst La Liga is the end of August. There's multiple things to consider, so it isn't as cut and dry as you've tried to make out. Swiftly getting rid for a good price would be ideal.

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Utd spent stupid amounts of money and still couldn't mount a serious challenge. Matic wasn't the reason either club finished in their respective positions.

Our window closes on 9th August whilst La Liga is the end of August. There's multiple things to consider, so it isn't as cut and dry as you've tried to make out. Swiftly getting rid for a good price would be ideal.

I think we missed matic more than united benefited from his presence. I was under no illusion that he was irreplaceable, but we obviously did not get a proper cm to partner kante, which did hurt us. no player is irreplaceable, not even Eden. It just takes money and talent to do it, both of which we seem to be lacking lately.

Willian returned to his regular self against Belgium. Not really surprising that the team looked a lot better once Douglas costa was brought in. Whoever buys him must be only looking for his tactical contribution.

47 minutes ago, Robguima said:

I think we missed matic more than united benefited from his presence. I was under no illusion that he was irreplaceable, but we obviously did not get a proper cm to partner kante, which did hurt us. no player is irreplaceable, not even Eden. It just takes money and talent to do it, both of which we seem to be lacking lately.

Willian returned to his regular self against Belgium. Not really surprising that the team looked a lot better once Douglas costa was brought in. Whoever buys him must be only looking for his tactical contribution.

Everyone who now for some unknown reason is saying how good Matic was for us and how we miss him blah blah blah should just remember the 16/17 season. 99% on here at one time or another was screaming Blue murder about him For not just 1 reason but for a list. Just go back if youve got some spare time and remind yourselves of just how bad his performances were.

He had 1/2 or so of a good season since he came back. OK I Might give some of the problem may be we had Bane and Cahil at the same time but the 3 together was just a joke.

I think Matic is a nice lad but if we had bought a better replacement (OR we do so this season - ummmmm) then he wont even be remembered,

I dont mind that we sold HIM to Manure but no way I want them to get their filthy Manc hands on Willi.

I think we missed matic more than united benefited from his presence. I was under no illusion that he was irreplaceable, but we obviously did not get a proper cm to partner kante, which did hurt us. no player is irreplaceable, not even Eden. It just takes money and talent to do it, both of which we seem to be lacking lately. Willian returned to his regular self against Belgium. Not really surprising that the team looked a lot better once Douglas costa was brought in. Whoever buys him must be only looking for his tactical contribution.

He's nothing much more than a willing runner with little to no end product & shines when those around him performing. The odd bright moment can't mask that. 

Douglas Costa should have been starting ahead of him after the group games.

On 7/7/2018 at 1:12 AM, Unionjack said:

Everyone who now for some unknown reason is saying how good Matic was for us and how we miss him blah blah blah should just remember the 16/17 season. 99% on here at one time or another was screaming Blue murder about him For not just 1 reason but for a list. Just go back if youve got some spare time and remind yourselves of just how bad his performances were.

He had 1/2 or so of a good season since he came back. OK I Might give some of the problem may be we had Bane and Cahil at the same time but the 3 together was just a joke.

I think Matic is a nice lad but if we had bought a better replacement (OR we do so this season - ummmmm) then he wont even be remembered,

I dont mind that we sold HIM to Manure but no way I want them to get their filthy Manc hands on Willi.

Heh Not sure what people were complaining about esp after winning the league, but that’s me I guess.

had we had then, and the big ‘if’, but we did not and we may still not. After a bakayoko was signed, I believe the club is simply looking for the wrong things.

for me is the other way around. I won’t mind Willian there as much, but would def prefer elsewhere.

Willian almost eliminated Barca in the CL.
But he has had a very bad tournament for the world cup, having started in all of Brazil's matches.
Brazil played well, so it can't be said that he was let down by the rest of the team.
That makes his position somewhat suspect.

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Willian almost eliminated Barca in the CL.
But he has had a very bad tournament for the world cup, having started in all of Brazil's matches.
Brazil played well, so it can't be said that he was let down by the rest of the team.
That makes his position somewhat suspect.

Did brazil play well?

Jesus didnt look too hot, and Paulinho looked the same.

It seems to me Neymar and Coutinho tried to take over the show, and didnt let the team shine.

No Brazil did not play very well and Belgium was the first good team they faced and lost. Despite the hype, this Brazil team was never really good enough to be consider the favorites to win it. Did they take some stopping? Sure, but big teams usually do.

Willian is just yet another cog that makes this Brazil team a bit more average... lightweight and short esp up front. His performance against Belgium was embarrassing: heavy touches, bad passing, and nothing produced in attack. Only Fernandinho managed to be worse, but that’s not he first time for Fernandinho (poor player).

the only thing I still liked about Willian was that he was a big game player, and now I have to question it.