Willian

Jase

On 19/06/2018 at 7:10 AM, Unionjack said:

+10 likes, Hate the idea he joining them.

But think Eden likes him and he seems to have the upper hand right now.

£60mill would go towards a better upgrade tho so we shall see.

I am sorry but have you seen our transfers in the last 3 years. Selling Willian for 60M we'd still replace him with some shower of shite, winger version of Bakayoko. People who are willing to see Willian go to United as easy as that are delusional. Even more delusional than the people who think we will get Martial in return for him and that Martial will all of a sudden develop into a good right winger, which is a position he does not play to any great effect.

Willian was shite today. As were Brazil I thought. They looked okay in the first 45 minutes in the first match but, all the big teams except Portugal and Spain have disappointed I think. 

For me, Willian is already a "winger version of Bakayoko" :D

His contribution in attack is nowhere near acceptable in the vast majority of games he plays.

I want Martial as a potential top striker in the future, nothing less nothing more. Once he fulfills his potential, if he does that, he will immediately become unsellable. You have to make bets like that, which is the only way for us to ever acquire top quality. We did that before and had both! Salah and KDB, but the club was unable to hold on to them.

So, while I also don't trust the club to properly replace Wllian (with a quality winger), I don't think we have much of choice here. He's losing pace too, so we need to be thinking about replacement anyway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5900053/amp/Chelsea-reject-50million-offer-Barcelona-Brazil-winger-Willian.html

£50m for Willian is a pretty good bid tbh. If Barca come with a second offer, we should accept and replace him with someone like Leon Bailey or maybe Martial but doubt United will sell to us.

For £50m+ we should take it. He's getting old and let's be honest, he'll be losing that acceleration he relies so much on in the next couple seasons. Plus he's not decisive or consistent enough and never has been.

Use Batshuayi to lure Pulisic here to replace Willian and it's a win-win for everybody

Tho I would be sad to see him go I would much rather we sell him to Barca even if it was for less than Manure offered.

I do think tho it would be one less reason for Eden to hang around, They get on well as mates and play well together so him leaving will just mean another player for him to get used to.

But as long as we got an upgrade for him he should think twice anyway,

What we should be looking at is Edens replacement cause you know that him and Tibo will be offski at the same time.

His behaviour at the end of last season was damning as far as I’m concerned. Plenty of players haven’t played but haven’t reacted like that. Going public about it too was very poor. 

Dont want him playing for us next season regardless of World Cup performances, the flirting with Jose is nauseating too. 

Either way, this was a great game by William (against Mexico).

Only below Neymar and completely filled the void left by Coutinho, who vanished. Coutinho is lightweight and often struggles in these types of games.