Willian

Jase

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

If he was 26/27 i would say he's finally upped his game and is coming of age but at nearly 30 i can't shake away the feeling he's just on a fluke purple patch. I hope im wrong and if i am he's taken the phrase late bloomer to whole new dimensions.

As someone mentioned recently, it's Malouda-esque form from Willian. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Martial is far more talented...

and look how far that has gotten him, stuck in a pecking order behind Jesse Lingard. Hard work is just as important and regardless of his talent its clear that Martial has stagnated at United. Hes a good player and maybe a move would help but even then why would you give a direct rival another key player? Did nobody learn from Matic in the summer? Willian is a key player here. Does anybody really think if we were to offer them just cash they'd sell to us? Not a chance.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

and look how far that has gotten him, stuck in a pecking order behind Jesse Lingard. Hard work is just as important and regardless of his talent its clear that Martial has stagnated at United. Hes a good player and maybe a move would help but even then why would you give a direct rival another key player? Did nobody learn from Matic in the summer? Willian is a key player here. 

Do I really have to bring up players like Salah or De Bruyne re: Mourinho and young attacking talent?

The problem with Matic wasn’t that he was sold, it was that he wasn’t replaced properly. In this case, replacing Willian with Martial would be an upgrade imo. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

Do I really have to bring up players like Salah or De Bruyne re: Mourinho and young attacking talent?

The problem with Matic wasn’t that he was sold, it was that he wasn’t replaced properly. 

Regardless of those players and the past. The point I am trying to make is: do not sell key players to direct rivals. Do not swap key players to direct rivals is surely got to come under that? We continue down that path and we'll end up like Arsenal. Martial as a signing yes go for it, 100% but in return for any of our key players, no thank you. Hes a good player, obviously Mourinho has a past with attacking talented youngsters but you cannot say its completely one sided. I think as well Martial is predominately a left sided attacker, he'd give us a good option to swap things up and probably even on the right as well as possibly upfront but when I've seen him for United this season there is a lot of issues there in his consistency (although I am aware he has struggled to play regularly since the turn of the year due to Sanchez arrival) although he has got a lot of potential. Would you honestly expect Man United to sell him to us though? Juventus and Real Madrid have been credited with interest recently. I think we'd have more a chance of landing Rashford or Shaw than Martial although even then difficult still because they do not sell to direct rivals and never really have. 

Mourinho would love a player like Willian. He would be exactly what he needs to balance his team but hopefully we are not that stupid again. I like Martial but instead of Willian, no thanks. He needs a new club though to kickstart his career as he is stagnating at United. He is also best from the LW while Willian can play effectively from LW and RW. Let's see what happens with likes of Hazard first though because maybe we can tempt United with offer for Martial but no swap deal for Willian. Must be crazy!

31 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And give a rival another key player? Why?

Look back at this forum from September till December 90% of TC member wanted rid off Willian under the Right manager I feel martial would turn into cracking player