Willian

Jase

47 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

One of the best right wingers in Europe when he was not even first choice most of the season?  

It's my opinion. He was our stand out player the season before and maybe the guy ahead of him is one of the best right wingers in Europe. Who are the stand right wingers in Europe in the world these days? Name them and the list isn't that extensive to exclude Pedro and Willian. 

14 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

It's my opinion. He was our stand out player the season before and maybe the guy ahead of him is one of the best right wingers in Europe. Who are the stand right wingers in Europe in the world these days? Name them and the list isn't that extensive to exclude Pedro and Willian. 

Bale?

Messi?

Both play in the right.

Wingers are hard to distinguish which side, as most top ones play effectively on either side. So I will include many players who often play more on the left, but are still better than Willian on the right.

Di Maria, James, Mertens, Robben, Bale, Douglas Costa, Sanchez, muller, hazard and griezmann and KDB and Neymar when they play there. Does Messi count?

One could argue that Dembele and Sane are close or on the same level. I rate Mahrez higher. think Pedro is much better than him, which is why he's behind him on the pecking order.

That's 17 in my opinion and I could have missed some. Even without the ones that are close, it's still over 10. That's not near one of the best to me

Messi is not a winger and never has been. That's absurd. Bale is only a shadow of the player he once was. Have you seen him recently? He's lost his a yard and he looks average these days. I don't want to write him off completely but Pedro and Willian are ahead for now.

James (useless on the wings), Mertens (a second striker), Douglas Costa (are you having a laugh?), Muller (shocking last season, very average), Griezmann ( a second striker), Sanchez - Hazard - Neymar (none are Right wingers).  Di Maria is debatable but he was woeful in the Premier League. I  don't doubt his ability but I have my doubts about him. You can sort of argue KDB as he's played that position sufficient amount of times. 

Dembele and Robben are the only actual right wingers  that are better. Willian is better than Sane for now though Sane has huge potential.

Seriously some shocking takes on TalkChelsea. I don't know if it's just ignorance of football or/and overrating other club's players and underrating ours. Willian continues to be laughably underrated despite adding goals to his game, being one of the best freekick takers in the league and looking almost as unplayable as Hazard is at times. What the fuck more do you want?

Fair enough on Messi, that's why i didn't exactly include him on the list.  

The way I made my list was if I was thinking of improving our RW, which I think we should (new wingbacks are more important though), then those are the players that would be better than willian there.  For a few of them, their best position (as you pointed out) is a different one, but I believe they are all still better than Willian at RW.  

And haha it's not ignorance, it's that we clearly rate him very differently. What I want from him is to be a better player.  To improve his poor decision making and lack of final third production.  He improved that a bit last season with some more open play goals, but I don't consider that improvement enough.  He still constantly slows play down, plays it safe too often, is poor at seeing/playing a final ball.  He is brilliant with the ball, has incredible speed and acceleration, and is a excellent dribbler at times...but he has no idea how to use it.  He uses the same move where he stops, then wiggles his foot and body, then cuts the ball to the right and kicks it away quickly.  It's predictable and it allows the defense to get set.  He is poor in counter attacking for the reasons above too.

I've said this previously, but I think he should reinvent himself as a box to box CM.  I think he could be just brilliant there, and it would off set his lack of ability in the final third.  He is better dribbler coming from deep in my opinion, and this position could allow more opportunities for it.

As The Skipper said, maybe he is best as a strong squad player. I would agree with that. He is an important player for us right now as he is the only real back up in the wing positions. He is an excellent squad player.

24 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Messi is not a winger and never has been. That's absurd. Bale is only a shadow of the player he once was. Have you seen him recently? He's lost his a yard and he looks average these days. I don't want to write him off completely but Pedro and Willian are ahead for now.

James (useless on the wings), Mertens (a second striker), Douglas Costa (are you having a laugh?), Muller (shocking last season, very average), Griezmann ( a second striker), Sanchez - Hazard - Neymar (none are Right wingers).  Di Maria is debatable but he was woeful in the Premier League. I  don't doubt his ability but I have my doubts about him. You can sort of argue KDB as he's played that position sufficient amount of times. 

Dembele and Robben are the only actual right wingers  that are better. Willian is better than Sane for now though Sane has huge potential.

Seriously some shocking takes on TalkChelsea. I don't know if it's just ignorance of football or/and overrating other club's players and underrating ours. Willian continues to be laughably underrated despite adding goals to his game, being one of the best freekick takers in the league and looking almost as unplayable as Hazard is at times. What the fuck more do you want?

Neymar.      Suarez      messi

433 formation technically messi plays same place as William does in a 343 formation, so yes u can put messi in that bracket.

24 minutes ago, manpe said:

You guys do know that Hazard was our 2nd top scorer last season, right? And has been consistently outscoring Willian season after season. Because Willian scored one goal in a pre-season friendly that somehow means that Hazard must start scoring more? Wtf?

Double standards. Has been like that since he joined.

47 minutes ago, manpe said:

You guys do know that Hazard was our 2nd top scorer last season, right? And has been consistently outscoring Willian season after season. Because Willian scored one goal in a pre-season friendly that somehow means that Hazard must start scoring more? Wtf?

I did not agree with @Despiadado.Maleante's claim that Willian is a better goalscorer.. I only said I think Hazard should score even more now to further establish himself as one of the best players in europe.

4 minutes ago, yuvala said:

I did not agree with @Despiadado.Maleante's claim that Willian is a better goalscorer.. I only said I think Hazard should score even more now to further establish himself as one of the best players in europe.

Nah he is already one of the best, in fact imo he is the best player in EPL. Do you realize in the end of the season team man marked him ?  I only remember Mou did that to Messi when he was at Inter

If we win UCL next season and he does well in WC, he will win Balon d'or or he should (There are politic involve and popularity contest)

Forget about scoring more, imo  he need to find a way to contribute when he is man marked and be more influential in more games. 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Willian has undoubtedly improved his eye for goal in the past year. When he has the ball you can see his desire to have a shoot. He was never like this. Hazard with his ability should be getting 20 goals easily if he did the same. No one thinks Willian is a better goal scores, it's just he is improving that aspect of his game while hazards hasn't. He need to be more selfish.