Willian

Jase

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Yeah. I'm going to lay off criticising him too much tbh, must be incredibly hard considering she's in !razil too. 

For real. We forget these players are humans too. I'm sure you saw the quick little interview with Hazard interviewing Willian, and Willian straightaway dedicated the goal to his mom. 

He's still one of my favourite players. I see everything he brings to the table. We've had 0 managers interested in developing the talent at our disposal, we aren't a club for growth in that sense, but if he was at one (Barcelona, Liverpool, Dortmund, Juve) we'd be crying to have him. I can't name 5 players who keep the ball better than him. I can't name 5 players with more stamina than him. I can't name 5 players with a better attitude or more commitment to their team. 

He's obviously an asset, at worst a bench player, not a player you ever sell.  

On 2. 10. 2016 at 4:54 AM, Henrique said:

The topic is silent, thanks to that great goal, since he wasnt great, and I would even say that was his worst performance of the season. Actually I don't think he has been really that bad in the previous games as this forum suggests.

An interesting stat: since the last season, only Costa has more goals than Willian. Indeed that speaks more about the quality of the squad than anything else, but Willian is the least of our problems, while this thread suggests he is even worst than Moses, 

Fact that he is second in scored goals like you said says alot about the rest of the squad, little about Willian.

I will lay my criticism toward Willian for now (after hearing the situation with his mom), but there is no denaying the truth. Considering he is a winger, his work is to create opportunities, cross, dribble etc. Just because he scored second most goals in the team, doesnt mean he can now be excused, because he didnt score 20+ goals to justify his poor overall play. He is still very poor in transition of the ball, which stops most of our attacks.

He has his values and when in form he can be a realy good player, but generaly in the time since his arrival, he improved little if any, so the discussion is definately not out of place.

Sad thing is, there are other problems we have to face, and if you look at Ivanovic, Cahill, Matic, Oscar, Cesc, Tibo's thread you will see plenty of criticism there too, in that case Willians criticism in this thread is fair too.

58 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

Provlem with Willian that his dribbling is slow. He ruins so many counter attacks just because when he gets the ball he stops and takes 40 seconds to get around opponent or crosses the ball into first man

Everytime stepovers and cross on the ground which never beats the first man. He's no winger, he doesn't have the mentality for this. 

He's good on the ball in tight spaces, he's one of our few players who can hold onto the ball under pressure and will fit in the middle. Look at Liverpool, we thought wjnaldum will not fit in midfield but he's working well there, Willian would be even better there in a 3 midfield formation. Him and kante in a box to box role will be very good, much needed speed and technique/control will be added. 

Ive always dreamed of willian dropping a little deeper into a center b2b midfield role.

Azpi Luiz Zouma

Moses Willian Kante Alonso

Griezmann<3(dreaming)Costa    Hazard

Kante and Willian would make a spectacular b2b pair, both extremely active and athletic. I dream of buying Griezmann to play up front with costa and hazard. it would be truly spectacular. 

Next year could be:

Luiz Christensen Zouma

Azpi Willian Kante Alonso(baba/Kenedy)

Griez Costa Hazard

Ok i am done dreaming.

Aside from very few moments including the nice finish for the goal I though he was pretty poor.

hes just too weak and too slow (and not skillful enough) for a cm role imho

he can track back ok but it's another thing doing that during 90.

That article makes it seem like Willian has other duties stressing him, really more than there are, and I wonder why they've done that. Why can't the article just focus on his strength for going through losing moments with his mum? Why do they add 'All the while, he has to concentrate on his job, his family, his livelihood, and his future.' What what what? His job IS his livelihood. His job IS his future, which is already secured, as a footballer. His family have already coped with him being away constantly, it's not like he has any kids without a mum or other family support (or £millions.) Why squeeze a man with a dying mum for extra drama & word-count? 

Damn stupid article, but what can I expect from WAGNH. 

The answer is spend as much time with le mother as possible and that's that.