Willian

Jase

Latest News:Willian: Final flourish

Chelsea’s Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year is hoping we can end our campaign on a high note at Stamford Bridge against the new league champions.

Last night, Willian was acknowledged by the club’s supporters and his teammates as our best performer in 2015/16, and ahead of the final game of the season against Leicester, the Brazilian told the official Chelsea website what benefits a victory tomorrow would bring.

‘It can show Chelsea are getting closer to being back at the level we want to be at, no doubt,’ Willian explained.

‘We have to finish well. We are playing at home as well. Of course they are already champions but we were champions last season and we have to show that quality to try to win the game.’

Willian was in the team when we lost 2-1 to Leicester in December, and so observed first-hand what made them so hard to play against then. He has watched their subsequent continued success from afar.

‘They have played every game like it is a final. That’s why they are champions in my opinion. They have a great team, they have quality in the squad and they deserve to win the Premier League.’

In our last fixture at Stamford Bridge, the Blues recovered from a two-goal deficit against Leicester’s closest title rivals Tottenham, and Willian highlighted our showing in that derby, as well as a more recent game, as examples of the level of performance we need to maintain if we are to challenge for honours again next season.

‘We know we have improved recently. We need to play like we did Liverpool, and also against Tottenham when we were 2-0 down and fought back to score two goals.

‘Against Liverpool we played very well. We tried to win the game, and we had chances to score more but we didn’t do it. They got one at the end but it was still a good performance, and that is the mentality we have to start next season with.’

chelseafc.com

Capture.PNG

Supporters' Clubs choose Willian as their best

The Chelsea Supporters' Clubs voted Willian as their Player of the Year and he received the award after Sunday's game against Leicester. 

The Brazilian, who was recognised by supporters and teammates alike at the club's Player of the Year awards ceremony on Friday, picked up his latest prize on the Stamford Bridge turf after the final whistle sounded on our season. 

Now in its sixth year, the award is voted for by members of each individual Supporters' Club, with previous winners including Branislav Ivanovic and Eden Hazard. 

Ramon Poike (pictured top left), representing the German Supporters' Club, handed the award over to Willian, who said:

'It’s very nice to receive support from the fans all over the world, no doubt about that. We need them to support us and I hope next season we can try to win some titles for them.'

Poike, who started supporting Chelsea in 2004 after watching a game at the Bridge while on holiday in London, couldn't hide his excitement after presenting Willian with the award. 

'It was a fantastic feeling,' Poike said. 'I'm speechless.

'Willian has been the most impressive player this year and he deserves to win the trophy.'

chelseafc.com

cfc.JPG

On 13/05/2016 at 5:07 PM, LDN Blue said:

You'll have to explain this one to me.. :carlo: 

As far as I remember Mourinho sacrificed Mata for this lad and backed him as 'my number 10'. 

Actually that decision was partially correct; Mata has done nothing in his time at Man Utd to justify staying here - it's just a pity his replacement never stepped up.

4 hours ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Mata has done nothing in his time at Man Utd to justify staying here

Yes but that wasn't the issue... It's not what he isn't doing for United it's what he was doing for us. There was absolutely no reason to cull him from the team when we did, he was our most creative outlet in the n10 position. Oscar hadn't done anything at the time to justify his selection for that role to the extent we had to sell Mata! 

Oscar was given the platform and did............nothing. Nothing meaningful. 

3 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Yes but that wasn't the issue... It's not what he isn't doing for United it's what he was doing for us. There was absolutely no reason to cull him from the team when we did, he was our most creative outlet in the n10 position. Oscar hadn't done anything at the time to justify his selection for that role to the extent we had to sell Mata! 

Conversely, his drop in form after we sold him to Utd means that Mourinho was right to cash in on him at the time.

Interview: The Player of the Year Willian

His teammates who played alongside him and the supporters who watched him every week were unanimous in their decision. Willian was Chelsea’s star performer in 2015/16.It is a verdict nobody can dispute. The Brazilian shone from minute one, even when others around him were struggling to find their best form. He added more goals to his game (11 in total, three more than his two previous Chelsea seasons combined) and that fact, allied to his trademark high work-rate and endeavour which has long made him both a fans’ favourite and a manager’s dream, rightly earned him the Chelsea Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year prizes for 2016.We caught up with Willian to reflect on his season and the two individual trophies he received at its end…

Firstly Willian, congratulations. Let’s start with the fans’ award, how did it feel to win that?

Of course I am very happy. It means a lot to get an award from the fans so a big thank you to them. I feel very good when they sing my song and I always try to do my best on the pitch for them. They deserve more than they got this season and I hope next season we can win some titles for them.

And it must special too to be recognised by your fellow players…

It’s difficult to get this trophy in our team because we have so many quality players here. My team-mates congratulated me and said I deserved it so I have to say thank you to them too. It was a really good moment. 

Who did you vote for?

Diego. He played well, scored the most goals this season, and he plays for the team all the time. He fights for his team-mates, he goes all over the pitch, he never stops and that is why I voted for him. 

You must be particularly proud to have contributed so much during a hard season for the team…

I think it’s more difficult to play well when the team isn’t playing well. This season I have improved a lot. Sometimes the team collectively played well but I always try to do my best on an individual level on the pitch.When things are difficult you have to fight even harder to try to win the game, and I think I always do that. I want to stay in that level next season and play better game by game, and I hope as well we can get some titles. 

Two of your goals were nominated for the Goal of the Season award. Which was your favourite?

Maybe the goal at Crystal Palace? I liked the free-kicks against Southampton and Dynamo Kiev too, and the recent goal I scored at Bournemouth. They’re my favourites from this season but I’m not sure I can choose one!Eden’s goal against Tottenham was beautiful and he deserved to win. We know he has so much quality and the last few games he played fantastically and helped us a lot.

You were reunited with Guus Hiddink when he returned in December, having played under him previously at Anzhi Makhachkala…

To work with him is very good. He is so calm. He is like a father! He understands everything and when he came we changed a little bit, we won a few more games and it was very good to work with him again.

Looking forward to next season, what do we need to do to start competing for honours again?

We will have to start better than this season. If we can start the season very well then we can win titles.Personally I think I have improved this season and that’s something you always have to try and do in football. Now I hope next season I can play even better again and we can win some titles. 

chelseafc.com

john terry.PNG

is Jose Mourinho trying to get himself killed or assassinated by Chelsea fans. his first season with Manchester Utd and he wants our players.

Jose Mourinho eyeing £60million Willian reunion? Transfer news and gossip from Thursday's papers

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jose-mourinho-eyeing-60million-willian-8052006

He's closing in, folks.

It's barely been six months since Chelsea vanquished Jose Mourinho, but the Special One is set to return to the Premier League, this time in the Manchester United dugout .

The Portuguese is on the brink of replacing Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford, with only a few final details to be sorted and his arrival will likely be followed by a number of big-name transfers.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been strongly linked with a move to follow his former Inter boss, as Mourinho looks to build a squad in his own image.

But that's just the tip of the transfer iceberg this summer.

Here are all the latest stories from Thursday's papers.

On 18/05/2016 at 2:59 PM, LDN Blue said:

On 18/05/2016 at 2:59 PM, LDN Blue said:

Being wrong about Oscar doesn't also make him automatically wrong about Mata.

Dropping then eventually selling Juan was 100% the right decision by Jose, were he went wrong was that he picked the wrong replacement, it should have been De Bruyne.

Part of me wonders if he wanted Mata and KDB to have had each others roles in terms of the minute's he gave them, I feel the politics with the fans almost forced Jose into playing Mata more than he even really wanted too.

for that price I sell it now! do not come to say is our best player blablabla!

It , is trying hard , but it's a good player , not a phenomenon ! if someone gives us the money we should accept them and take an even better replacement !

Things I've learned over the last few days: there are a lot of Chelsea fans who would be happy to get rid of Willian. Couldn't believe the replies earlier today when the official Chelsea Twitter account tweeted something about him. Even some here want to cash in without thinking about it.

Incredible. One of our most important players and will be next season as well.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Things I've learned over the last few days: there are a lot of Chelsea fans who would be happy to get rid of Willian. Couldn't believe the replies earlier today when the official Chelsea Twitter account tweeted something about him. Even some here want to cash in without thinking about it.

Incredible. One of our most important players and will be next season as well.

I've never been one of Willian's biggest  fans, and for the right price I think he should be sold.

He simply doesn't offer enough going forward. No bite at all, and this season besides that 4 months spell when he was hitting FKs at will, the goals went missing, and Willian returned to his normal self. 

If reports are to be believed, Willian was already pretty upset (pre JM at ManU) Chelsea for not offering a contract extension already given how he performed this season. In an ideal World, we would keep Willian and he'd be a proper bench option, but I think it's clear he would never accept that role. 

The way I see it, we need to surround Hazard with other Top Top attacking talents, and that means serious upgrades on Oscar, Costa and Willian. In that order too, may I add. 

If you look back on this thread, you would see I'm one of Willian's biggest supporters, even in his early days when people were on his back. However if he wants to go to ManU, it probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as it would leave us with a ton of options for that right wing, either in the market or what we've already got youthwise (Musonda, etc.)