Willian

Jase

Another solid outing and he has already scored more goals this season (5) than in any of the two previous campaigns (4). Fair play. :clap:

Continue to play like this and he might just win the club's Player of the Year award.

Gilvorak should be the first to come here and admit he made a mistake with all the criticism he used to give to Willian. Got egg on his face now.

Not only him, there are more of them. They all called me a clown when I praised Willian last season.

My man!

The only positive thing from this season for me. Our best player right now, by miles. I dont think its a good thing, but its the truth. I have so much respect for him, always gives the 100% no matter how shit we are, no matter the problems in the dressing room and whatever happens with Mou.

Not only him, there are more of them. They all called me a clown when I praised Willian last season.

Me, you, Kieran and DF were his main supporters from time. We always had to convince people that he is a quality player but people only seeing it till now. The guy is quality and some use to just ridiculously write him off. Glad to see our stance on him never changed and people starting to see we were right.

Me, you, Kieran and DF were his main supporters from time. We always had to convince people that he is a quality player but people only seeing it till now. The guy is quality and some use to just ridiculously write him off. Glad to see our stance on him never changed and people starting to see we were right.

i stopped debating about willian when someone said that oscar is more dynamic than willian. that was the day i realised that nothing would be able to salvage willian.

but what he has done this is just amazing. absolutely out of the world.

RESPECT to the man!!!

Shut up, Stats. Being a fan of a player when he's playing decent football has nothing to with his current form. He's playing good football at the moment and he's decisive. If he goes back to decency, the criticism will return.

Enjoying his purple patch. Would be great if it wasn't just patch. I need to find a Willian look-a-like baby to adopt.

I said it at the end of last season, he is not very far of being a world class player. His improvement in the second half of last season alone was impeccable and now he has added to that. He is improving step by step. Looking at his highlights at the beginning of last season just shows how much his decision making has improved in the last year. At the moment, he is very close to being a world class player.

He hasn't just risen to the occasion when the team is playing poor. This isn't just a player on good form. Anyone with eyes can see the improvement to Willian's game on weekly basis, starting from last season. Not only he will continue being vital, but he will also become a better player than he already is.

P.s: His long balls across the pitch send shivers down my spine. He makes them look so fucking easy. Just a brilliant footballer.

Every bad word I've ever said about this guy (and I said plenty of them)? He made me eat all of them and some more.

My bad, through and through. I've never honestly expected him to add the numbers to his game. I've always praised him for his work ethic and work rate, but crucified him for everything else. I went as far as saying he was limited in terms of football brains. While I don't think he's anywhere close to being brilliant, he made the necessary adjustments to become crucial and showed a lot of character when 90% of this team shows 0.

There are few football players I fully respect - for too many reasons - but Willian is gaining my profound respect as each day goes. I still see a lot of limitations to his game (but the numbers he added more than make up for them), but none to his character, dedication, willingness and humbleness.

Great great character from this man. I was in doubts over his attacking display, but he always put in good work and that was enough.

But the response from this dude is amazing. Hopefuly he is now reaching peak and will continue with such displays for next few seasons. If only others can get back in form...