Willian

Jase

3 goals this season, all 3 lucky goals. Or is this his new trick?

Only 2 actually. The one against Swansea was an OG.

I think it would be unfair to say he was purely lucky with those goals. Yes, there was a bit of luck involved but let's not dismiss the quality of those free kicks that led to the goals. They were hit perfectly and hit into an area where the GK isn't sure what to do and any connection with the ball would result in a goal. It's practically undefendable like Alex mentioned above. And maybe Willian has been practicing his free kicks in training and it's starting to reap its rewards.

Only 2 actually. The one against Swansea was an OG.

I think it would be unfair to say he was purely lucky with those goals. Yes, there was a bit of luck involved but let's not dismiss the quality of those free kicks that led to the goals. They were hit perfectly and hit into an area where the GK isn't sure what to do and any connection with the ball would result in a goal. It's practically undefendable like Alex mentioned above. And maybe Willian has been practicing his free kicks in training and it's starting to reap its rewards.

Precisely. Despite being a goalkeeper coach, the best I can do for any young goalkeeper is, in these moments, to pray that nobody gets a touch and you can make a catch. But effectively, good free-kicks from that position are as dangerous as shots from six yards out - the goalkeeper can't commit as even the slightest touch off of anyone can deviate the path of the ball and result in a goal. Essentially, a GK can't react until the ball is either a; in the six-yard box, or b; has been touched by a player and directed on target. In either case, because of how late and fast attackers can get across the line of the ball, all you can go is pray that it doesn't go in. It's the hardest thing for a goalkeeper to face and I certainly didn't envy Tim Krul the moment it left Willian's boot. It had "goal" written all over it.

His delivery was brilliant for the goal.

Indeed,and he could have an assist a couple of moments later, when Ramires headed it straight at Krul.

Shame our corners have been utter shit. I remember the times corners used to be dangerous. Nowadays, we are so toothless in the box, the delivery is horrendous.

To all the people saying he can't finish for shit or is only good for running up and down, he is our top scorer so far :wank2:

Yes, because his stunning goal-scoring record proves otherwise. And two crosses ended up in the net this season. Top notch stuff.

Quality goal and I thought he was good. No, I thought he was great. Not his fault no one was vibing with him tonight. Probably busted a lung today, looked sick at the end. Admirable performance.

I should attempt to copy his his hair style. Maybe find a wig.

Yes, because his stunning goal-scoring record proves otherwise. And two crosses ended up in the net this season. Top notch stuff.

Quality goal and I thought he was good. No, I thought he was great. Not his fault no one was vibing with him tonight. Probably busted a lung today, looked sick at the end. Admirable performance.

I should attempt to copy his his hair style. Maybe find a wig.

Jesus. It was just a joke. Come on! But saying that, apart from his goals, he is one player that can come out with credit recently.

To all the people saying he can't finish for shit or is only good for running up and down, he is our top scorer so far :wank2:

Fair enough he was shit hot tonight.

At least he has desire. Something that can't be said of so many of our players.

Jesus. It was just a joke. Come on! But saying that, apart from his goals, he is one player that can come out with credit recently.

Now I feel like a fool. Thanks.

I'm usually pretty good at spotting unseriousness. But I'm allergic to opportunism.

Willian has scored three goals on accident if you include that own goal. He's discovered the formula.

As one who has backed Willian since he signed I feel pleased to see him finally get some recognition , I am still sad that some of my other favourites were deemed

and still are deemed not good enough for us ,, Still I will continue to watch out for Ryan , Romelu , Kevin , David and Juan .