Willian

Jase

They crowded midfield and Willian was shit. He has no place against compact side. How we can play with number 10 who is everything but final third decisive player ? He circulates ball pretty well, has neat technique, but gosh he really needs some time to think over the ball. Can't expect pass, combination play or shoot whatsoever. What a wasteful player against compact opposition. IMO he can only play deeper where Fabregas is to help circulate the ball.

Like I said, Willian is totally clueless in the final. Gives plenty of energy, pace, stamina etc but offers very little end product. It's got to the point where it's not even funny anymore.

It was never funny. You really lack an understanding of humour.

Like I said to stats, bolassie >> willian and it's not even close. Kolarov will score and assist more goals than Willian this season.

He is a central midfielder

Kolarov is a LB. But, let's see till the end of the season. Everyone needs to step up their game. Hazard has not scored and has 1 assist to his name. Costa 1 goal and assist to his name. Been very average apart from WBA. Let's see the business we do until the end of the transfer window. Get the squad to buck up their ideas and then we will see. Bolasie missed a sitter tbh but I am not stating you are wrong. His play in the final third is a concern but I don't think he is the underlying problem. I also don't think Oscar would have magically solved our issues. I think the biggest concern right now is Fabregas and his form and his vulnerabilities in the CM formation. He needs to be a in a 4-3-3.

But right now Willian is no worse than the majority of our team. I am sure there will be a point in the season where we will be lavishing him with praise. So much ups and downs in football.

I don't expect to see him much more as a starter when Oscar returns and Jose starts pushing Cesc as n10.

He was awful against Palace and his real role in our squad is a backup winger, not

a starter.

If Jose likes his work rate so much he should buy a box to box midfielder...

The team plays fantastic when Oscar is on form....

By far (outside of John Terry), Oscar is tactically the best player here. Willian has better speed, strength and pretty much anything physical Willian is superior to his country mate. Yet, his pressing is no where near as good as OScar is. Even against swansea, before the thibo red card, Chelsea looked pretty good as a team...

I was wrong about Willian yesterday. So wrong.

I forgot about one crucial point, don't know why. I lost the plot, admittedly.

The thing I forgot about ... is ... BALANCE :ph34r:

Which makes whole discussion about his ability in final third redundant.

His shooting is poor but I still like Willian in the side. Does so much work that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

And for how long will we keep using that as an excuse to defend how atrocious he is going forward? We might as well just buy a track and field athlete and stick him there.