Willian

Jase

Willian is way better than Oacar, not even a question. The goals are coming. He was one of the most important players today smh.

His 27 now, in 10 years of football has never scored more than 8 goals in a single season. I assure you goals are not coming.

Don't make me laugh Willian has never been a goal scorer or assister even when playing in shit leagues what do think will change now at 27?? Oscar on form is way better than Willian in every aspect bar dribbling. Oscar is a better pressed of the ball, better striker of the ball, has better vision, and can actually score goals something very important for our number 10 to do since we only play 1 striker

While Oscar is better with the stats, I think overall Willian is a better player. Oscar is a good player but bar Swansea in the opening game of the season, a lot of the times if things are not going well, he will not play well. He does not have any standout quality to change the game where I feel Willian can. Also I would not say Oscar is a better presser. That is debatable. They are both good but Willian's got more pace and I find it that he does a better job in retreiving the ball. He is also stronger and has great balance in making sure he keeps hold of the ball and in general offers much more than Oscar.

It is like when people will use stats to say Sanchez or Reus are better than Hazard. I disagree because I feel Hazard's overall game is better than them both. It is the same with Willian and Oscar. Take away goals and assists, Willian is a better player and just offers much more imo but if he put away the chances Oscar did I think that would make him a lot more appreciated which is fair.

I know youtube can make even Cuadrado look like Messi but this is the kind of play Willian actually contributes for us. He just is unlucky with the stats but he contributes so much in the actual game and is a key player for us. He is actually so underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP_TSQuSJag

His 27 now, in 10 years of football has never scored more than 8 goals in a single season. I assure you goals are not coming.

David Silva was never a prominent goalscorer for his club teams before last couple of seasons. Since then his goal tally has started to improve and last season got into double figures. He is now 29. Never say never. I hope Willian can add goals to his game then maybe he will get the praise he deserves.

While Willian is not known for scoring a lot of goals, the ones he does score are finishing of the highest quality.... Norwich away with his left foot. One of the goals of the seasons. Stoke at Home. Southampton away. Quality goals. In the vid I showed above you only have to look at about 2 quality strikes he took which hit the crossbar. Just unlucky sometimes. He should have more goals to his name but saying that, his technique is actually quite good.

Willian just doesn't put fear in opposition. No danger if willian is coming with the ball. I watch how comfortable defenders look around willian compared to even someone like bolassie of crystal palace.

Willian has to learn how to take risks like Douglas Costa. Too much fear of losing the ball makes willian not to dribble past people so he's putting all his technique and speed to waste.

I feel that's why he's never scored more than 10 goals in his life. He could be a very good central midfielder though, he has all the technical qualities bar vision.

Willian just doesn't put fear in opposition. No danger if willian is coming with the ball. I watch how comfortable defenders look around willian compared to even someone like bolassie of crystal palace.

Willian has to learn how to take risks like Douglas Costa. Too much fear of losing the ball makes willian not to dribble past people so he's putting all his technique and speed to waste.

I feel that's why he's never scored more than 10 goals in his life. He could be a very good central midfielder though, he has all the technical qualities bar vision.

Willian does put fear into opposition. I am not sure how you gathered that conclusion. Even players that don't score like Townsend, full backs hate coming up against direct and fast players. I am a massive fan of Bolasie but you do realise Bolasie is known for the same thing Willian is doing. A lot of dribbling, going past players but poor end product...

Willian does put fear into opposition. I am not sure how you gathered that conclusion. Even players that don't score like Townsend, full backs hate coming up against direct and fast players. I am a massive fan of Bolasie but you do realise Bolasie is known for the same thing Willian is doing. A lot of dribbling, going past players but poor end product...

Townsend is more of an attacking threat than Willian. He HAS to watch Pedro's performance yesterday. Costa's goal would have never come about had Willian been playing there instead.

What dribbling from willian?

Bolassie might not have willians technical qualities and plays for a smaller team but Willian is not a direct player at all so he won't give people as much scare as the former. He has better technique than a lot of players but doesn't give defenders anything to think about because he doesn't go into one on one situations and beat his marker.

Willian doesn't score or assist because he doesn't put himself in enough of those situations. How many times have you seen willian dribble past his marker like montero or recently pedro??

Willian just does stepovers, runs and crosses to no one.

He needs to be far more direct to have better attacking stats, that is the only way.

Tbh, neither Oscar or Willian are adequete number 10 for a club trying to be Europe's best, imo. But it's not the major concern in light of the current problems we still have, next summer it should be a priority imo. Depending on how Coutinho does this season, it's worth looking at him.

I'm a big Willian fan.... his play in central midfield yesterday was excellent, ok he missed a sitter but so did Costa. he missed 2 chances right opposite where i was sitting in the second half. He was lively and link up play and distribution was good as was his tracking back. I think Oscar will struggle to get his spot back.

What dribbling from willian?

Bolassie might not have willians technical qualities and plays for a smaller team but Willian is not a direct player at all so he won't give people as much scare as the former. He has better technique than a lot of players but doesn't give defenders anything to think about because he doesn't go into one on one situations and beat his marker.

Willian doesn't score or assist because he doesn't put himself in enough of those situations. How many times have you seen willian dribble past his marker like montero or recently pedro??

Willian just does stepovers, runs and crosses to no one.

He needs to be far more direct to have better attacking stats, that is the only way.

Not as direct as Bolasie or Townsend but he regularly takes on his man and gets past them a lot. Just his play in the final third that lets him down. I think he would be quite high on the list in the PL with most successful take ons. Not at the top but would not be surprised if he was quite high on the list. Can't find the stats.

Not as direct as Bolasie or Townsend but he regularly takes on his man and gets past them a lot. Just his play in the final third that lets him down. I think he would be quite high on the list in the PL with most successful take ons. Not at the top but would not be surprised if he was quite high on the list. Can't find the stats.

I completely disagree that willian does any dribbling on the right wing, he may run but never actually beats his marker. I actually think ivanovic has a better chance of dribbling on the right wing than Willian.

But Willian in the middle is a totally different player, even though he still doesn't score.

I completely disagree that willian does any dribbling on the right wing, he may run but never actually beats his marker. I actually think ivanovic has a better chance of dribbling on the right wing than Willian.

But Willian in the middle is a totally different player, even though he still doesn't score.

Well, I think we are seeing two different things then. Willian is very good at getting past his man. Not on Hazard's level but he is quite good at it. As for Ivanovic, I know thta may have been sarcasm but Willian is probably the second best player in our team with take ons. Now Pedro is there, probably third but atm, stats wise, it is probably Hazard then Willian for us. I see Willian similarly to Chamberlain. Both quality players. Chamberlain is a much better dribbler, don't get me wrong but both can beat the FB easily. Just need to improve in the final third.

Well, I think we are seeing two different things then. Willian is very good at getting past his man. Not on Hazard's level but he is quite good at it. As for Ivanovic, I know thta may have been sarcasm but Willian is probably the second best player in our team with take ons. Now Pedro is there, probably third but atm, stats wise, it is probably Hazard then Willian for us. I see Willian similarly to Chamberlain. Both quality players. Chamberlain is a much better dribbler, don't get me wrong but both can beat the FB easily. Just need to improve in the final third.

What's the point in dribbling if your end product is shit? If he can't improve in that area I'd rather see Oscar play there.

Not as annoying as referring to a player who is world renowned as simply being known as 'Pedro' to Pedro Rodriguez.

Not as annoying as a certain member that is obsessed with something so asinine as a topic title on an internet to the point where he can't stop moaning and worrying about it. Relax your autism, Captain Sperglord.

Go have a cry in the Lampard thread. Call him a Judas, traitor etc. That should cheer you up, get those autistic urges out of your system. Don't worry too much about it though, you will get over it and then there will be something equally as stupid you will obsess and fixate over in the coming weeks.

Tbh, neither Oscar or Willian are adequete number 10 for a club trying to be Europe's best, imo. But it's not the major concern in light of the current problems we still have, next summer it should be a priority imo. Depending on how Coutinho does this season, it's worth looking at him.

Coutinho is fantastic isn't he. Has improved his goal threat immensely as well. Tortured Arsenal so far. However we won't be able to get him like City got Sterling. Coutinho just signed a new long contract and they will not sell him at any price to a domestic rival. That being said, he is a great player and he is only 23. There was a debate before of who was better, Oscar or Coutinho. That is not even a debate now.

Coutinho is fantastic isn't he. Has improved his goal threat immensely as well. Tortured Arsenal so far. However we won't be able to get him like City got Sterling. Coutinho just signed a new long contract and they will not sell him at any price to a domestic rival. That being said, he is a great player and he is only 23. There was a debate before of who was better, Oscar or Coutinho. That is not even a debate now.

Agreed mate. When he first went to Liverpool I wasn't sold one bit, I knew him from Inter and thought he was one of the best young talents around and he seemed to have stagnated but I guess he just got hidden behind the magic of Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling etc. But he's certainly stepped up to the creative plate this season and towards the end of last season - Dunga is doing him a favour by not selecting him for Brazil lol. (I'd be interested in what @Henrique, @Barbara have to say about this)

I mean you say that, but Liverpool are a selling club aren't they? Torres, Suarez, Sterling, every season they seem to be losing one top player at a time. It's the effect of not being in the Champions League! But you're right, they'll ask for an excess of £50m and he's not worth that yet.