Willian

Jase

another brilliant performance at CAM.

oscar and willian's position need to be swapped.

While I do agree he is at his best in the middle, he was rather poor there yesterday in the first half. Second half when he was changed to the right he probably was our MotM.

Had a worldie yesterday.

I still think he needs consistency in playing this way, it's something to see with these short bursts of pace accompanied with a ton of control. It's a hard skill and he's learned it well, just needs more application in matches. No doubt he's done well to see off competition from Salah, Schurrle and now Cuadrado.. But how long will it last I question?

He's much a better player when he is direct. That hovering the foot above the ball thing he does is, does my head in at times, and yes you cannot be motoring all the time but he needs to use his pace more often. Last night he was direct and dangerous, he drifted wide and in-field, he gave it simple and at the right times and was a huge threat to them. Everyone knows his work ethic is through the roof but like i said he needs to be more 'At players' because he I think he has all the tools to really go far in this team.

The improvement on his all around game lately in undeniable. He sacrifices a lot of his qualities to cover for Ivanovic, but today he showed much better decision making. I remember only once he didn't go for the best (and obvious) pass still in the first half - which is normal and acceptable. He's been flawless in all other decisions he made in the game.

He's growing and he could be the answer to our attacking midfield. No need to bring Koke and Pogba (in my opinion anyway) to provide us with a better #10 if he keeps improving like he's done lately. Let's hope he can reach this form earlier coming next season, and I'm sure he'll be one of the first names in Mourinho's lineups - deservedly.

I'd use the money we'll have to spend addressing another defender (preferably Varane if we can pay), maybe a good RW (more for squad depth than anything) and a player closer to Fabregas' level (or at least style) as his immediate replacement. If Cesc struggles again in the second half - whether for fatigue or injuries, things that we've seen this season and in others in the past), it'd be nice to have some player that can offer the same, even if they aren't the same caliber. Just someone who has vision, can pick passes, runs and does more than a defensive job. I think those areas are more immediate than an improvement to Oscar because we already have that on Willian. Now if we sell Oscar, then surely, bring someone else.

CEGO9K5UkAEXgv7.jpg

so much class and he's backing up the post he wrote when he first came here. It's clear to me that Premier League had always been his dream and he had always had a soft spot for Chelsea particularly. He could have gone to other places, but he chose us. As a person, I've always been a huge fan of him and while I liked him as a player for Shahktar, I'm starting to nurture a new appreciation for him. His fight and dedication have always been undeniable, but now I think he's starting to show his attacking qualities as well (some of which I even doubted existed at some point).

The improvement on his all around game lately in undeniable. He sacrifices a lot of his qualities to cover for Ivanovic, but today he showed much better decision making. I remember only once he didn't go for the best (and obvious) pass still in the first half - which is normal and acceptable. He's been flawless in all other decisions he made in the game.

He's growing and he could be the answer to our attacking midfield. No need to bring Koke and Pogba (in my opinion anyway) to provide us with a better #10 if he keeps improving like he's done lately. Let's hope he can reach this form earlier coming next season, and I'm sure he'll be one of the first names in Mourinho's lineups - deservedly.

I'd use the money we'll have to spend addressing another defender (preferably Varane if we can pay), maybe a good RW (more for squad depth than anything) and a player closer to Fabregas' level (or at least style) as his immediate replacement. If Cesc struggles again in the second half - whether for fatigue or injuries, things that we've seen this season and in others in the past), it'd be nice to have some player that can offer the same, even if they aren't the same caliber. Just someone who has vision, can pick passes, runs and does more than a defensive job. I think those areas are more immediate than an improvement to Oscar because we already have that on Willian. Now if we sell Oscar, then surely, bring someone else.

so much class and he's backing up the post he wrote when he first came here. It's clear to me that Premier League had always been his dream and he had always had a soft spot for Chelsea particularly. He could have gone to other places, but he chose us. As a person, I've always been a huge fan of him and while I liked him as a player for Shahktar, I'm starting to nurture a new appreciation for him. His fight and dedication have always been undeniable, but now I think he's starting to show his attacking qualities as well (some of which I even doubted existed at some point).

Same questions here in regards to how we are going to strengthen our midfield. I don't think José will move Willian into the N10 role, he started there today and last wednesday, but atleast today it was because Oscar was out. Against Leicester he was average in the first-half as a n10, that's why José shifted him back to the right with good effect. Same as today, in the second half José replaced Cuadrado with Mikel and pushed Cesc higher with Willian back on the right wing. Although an argument can be made our AM doesn't really stick to 1 position. Here's some words from Willian's interview: ‘When you play on the wing there is more room but, often, when I start the game out wide I come inside as well. Myself, Eden, Oscar and Cesc always try to move and change position because it helps us and makes it more difficult for the defenders to mark you.’

If we are going to buy another RW, i would prefer Sterling (or Reus). But neither are realistic imho.

With that in mind, im guessing WIllian stay's on the right wing and we bring in a Box to box player (Koke, Pogba,...) or a new N10 (Isco). A new Box to box seems the logical choice. This way we can keep Cesc as a deep-lying playmaker (his best position), and it will help us winning the midfield battle. José didn't play 4-2-3-1 in the big matches, but opted for a 4-3-3 with either Ramires or Zouma in midfield. Credit to both players, but we can do alot better in that position.

I prefer 4-2-3-1 and Isco would be a dream signing then. But with the players we have, it probably is better to go 4-3-3. A Matic-Fabregas 2-man midfield is too light for the Champions League.

I'm really really proud of him, he has shown what he can do and now he's doing it very consistently. He secretly carried the team the second half of the season, of course behind hazard but I honestly believe he was in our top five most important players this season. His workrate is constantly praised but to do it all year, no matter if he's having a bad game or good, is quite outstanding. And now that he's playing in the #10, he and hazard can interchange and we will actually get the best out of both players. Can't wait to see what he can do next year. Come on Willian!