Willian

Jase

He's such an enigma with his passing - sometimes he consistently fails to make the most routine ones and on other occasions he can lay on absolute peaches, like the one with the outside of his right foot perfectly weighted into the path of Hazard sometime in the 2nd half.

I sometimes think I am the only one who likes him ... then I realise Jose does as well .. :halo:

I'm not sure José does as well. Who are the players he's preventing to play? Salah and out-of-form-Schurrle? So among some very mediocre players (either entirely or because of lack of form), he's leading because of his work rate. Willian has been criticized by José a few times to the media. He's the less worse of our RW options, not someone José necessarily likes (or dislikes).

We'll learn if Jose really likes him if 1) we don't start seeing Ramires playing as a RW; 2) if we don't go for a better player in the next window transfer

I'm not sure José does as well. Who are the players he's preventing to play? Salah and out-of-form-Schurrle? So among some very mediocre players (either entirely or because of lack of form), he's leading because of his work rate. Willian has been criticized by José a few times to the media. He's the less worse of our RW options, not someone José necessarily likes (or dislikes).

We'll learn if Jose really likes him if 1) we don't start seeing Ramires playing as a RW; 2) if we don't go for a better player in the next window transfer

OK maybe I am the "ONLY ONE " then ,,,,

If he had a bigger creative mindset he would be unstoppable. The only thing he lacked yesterday was a final pass. If he starts looking a bit more and using his head in the final third he would be great.

The final passes from Willian have been lacking since day one, not just yesterday.

The final passes from Willian have been lacking since day one, not just yesterday.

Yes. I meant in yesterday's game as in overall play. He usually has a problem with taking defenders one-on-one but yesterday that was not the case. So, I failed to say it right.

Quoting José:

"Willian is the kind of player that without scoring goals he gives so much to the team. He creates, he always has a good dynamic. When the team lose the ball he's probably the first defender because he reacts in a very effective way, he presses immediately and recovers balls. Willian always gives us a performance."

“For example, Willian. Willian does fantastic work with the ball and without the ball. I say to him: ‘You have to finish a game of 90 minutes with three shots. It’s not possible you play 90 minutes in the position you play without three shots. Three shots, two assists. It’s such amazing work you do for the team, in the build-up, in the defensive transition. You do such amazing work for the team, but with a little bit of this and a little bit of that you’ll be fantastic."

"But, for example, I have Dr Paco Biosca, the doctor at Shakhtar Donetsk for many years with Willian, and he says he doesn't recognise Willian now: the professional, the player, the commitment. The only thing he recognises is the talent."

It is obvious Mourinho has a soft spot for him, and went out of his way to praise him alot of times in his interviews. Ofcourse there was criticism, but i cannot recall he ever slated him for a bad performance. Salah was just a patch for the departure of both KDB and Juan Mata. Schürrle has been in and out the team for almost 2 years now, he never had extended spells of beïng a first XI player. Out of form? He's never been in form for more than a month, he's average and was an average player when he came to the club.

I hope if we get Cuadrado it will broaden our options in the AM, but he is mainly coming in as a replacement for both Schürrle and Salah. Time will tell if he displaces Willian.

I think we all know that Willian desperately lacks that final product both when passing and shooting, and until he gets that he isn't going to be given quite the credit that other players get.

I'm not really a big fan of Willian, but I have a huge amount of respect for the way he was able to turn his performance around on Tuesday. That's something that a lot of our players and the team as a whole can't do. If they're having a shocker, they can't seem to steel themselves and turn it around, but he did it fantastically against Liverpool and good on him for it.

Similarly, when he does fuck us up going forward, he often goes and wins the ball back again to start another attack, and this persistence is a very good trait.