Bayern Munich v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. If the guys play as concentrated as yesterday in defence, then I don't have worries. Especially last weekend against the very defence-minded Nürnberg, they had problems to create clear-cut chances. They were just passing the ball in front of goal from one side to the other. That's why a good defensive performance and precise counters will be key. You could see that in the Gladbach match where the opponent had quite a few chances right after opportunities for Bayern. But then again, Gladbach plays that fast counter-football ever since Favre took them over. We have to wait and see how we can make use of Bayern's problems with the new system. Will be tough, but I'll be optimistic and go for a 2-1 for us after extra time.

great to have someone who watches German football as well. :D

It's been a time since I last went to a Chelsea game so I am really looking forward to it and seeing some English friends. It will be a fight for sure, Mourinho simply does not like losing when it comes to a possible trophy, especially with Guardiola on the other side of the dugout.

great to have someone who watches German football as well. :D

Well, it's not special since I'm from Germany, but objectively the Bundesliga has improved year after year and is European's top league just very little behind the PL. Last years Champions Leauge final was the evidence if there was any needed.

I hope Lampard gets a slight niggle in training that is the only way he wont start this game and I really do not want him to start that game at all. I know it sounds harsh and I might get some stick for it but I think our team will look and play better without lampard in it than with him in it

I can't believe that some of you actually think Lukaku will start this match. He'll be a sub if he's lucky.

Well said chop. Poor Lukaku may sit & sit around in Prague.

If I were Lukaku, I´d go for that famous & the best Czech beer instead of sitting on the bench.

Well, it's not special since I'm from Germany, but objectively the Bundesliga has improved year after year and is European's top league just very little behind the PL. Last years Champions Leauge final was the evidence if there was any needed.

True, true. but rarely find people like that. have a few german friends. even they end up watching Barcelona or Madrid, instead of their own League. :/

We will win this one. Mourinho will reuse his tactics from last night (low block, counter attack) and play so we don't lose. I hope he gives Romelu a run out and drops Lampard. Was bad enough seeing Cleverly look good against him so never mind even thinking what will happen if one of Schweinsteiger, Martinez or Thiago plays.... I dont mind us being negative against teams like Bayern but not United who are only a striker better than us really.

Expect pretty much the same as the United game. Boring, with us barely doing anything in attack.

If the defense play well, we might have a chance, if we nick one on the counter or take it to penalties again.

Lukaku must start.

It's gonna.be pretty.much the same game like last night (from our side). We'll defend for the.whole game and won't make many chances and passes.

.so bring the bus on Jose, we just can't wait to see us defending in front of our goal for 90 minutes

Why?

If Mou isn't going to play Lukaku against United (a team he's already played agianst), what makes you think he'd play him against the beast team in Europe in a cup final?

Why?

If Mou isn't going to play Lukaku against United (a team he's already played agianst), what makes you think he'd play him against the beast team in Europe in a cup final?

Rotation, not a competition game, tactical choices ....

You seemed really sure of yourself, but the fact is with all the weird choices Mou is making : nobody knows.

Rotation, not a competition game, tactical choices ....

You seemed really sure of yourself, but the fact is with all the weird choices Mou is making : nobody knows.

You're right about the second part, nobody knows.

But if you're going to tell me that Mou doesn't want to beat Pep, I just won't believe it.

I think it's pretty apparent Mou doesn't trust Lukaku yet, and I feel it very unlikely that he starts him on a stage this big. Knowing this, I'd love to see Ba start, but I just can't imagine anyone other than Torres getting the nod.

Who knows? Maybe Schurrle again...