Man United v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only issue I have is the fact that they have strikers that are scoring and we made the mistake of starting the season with Torres. I think if we go there and keep our shape and keep organised then the worst that'll happen is a score draw.

De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic © - Evra
Carrick - Cleverley
Kagawa
Rooney - RVP - Welbeck
Should be hard to beat that <_<
ktbffh

Wasn't Rooney gonna be sidelined for this one due to some 'injury'?

I'm curious how the team will after yesterday. Maybe they had become somewhat arrogant after the first game and needed a wake up call. Still worrying how many key players already/still look out of shape (Lamps, Luiz, Mata)

Unfortunately Mou low rotation in first two games could cost us. Now we only have unfit/tired players. But it still early season everything possible. The only realy bad thing I see is that we have no option but start Lamps Rami again in the mid. This is not kind of game there you can go with newbie MvG and Obi and Essien can't add much either, especially after missing the first two games.

I predict a win. I think we'll continue to do very good against teams that attack us and struggle against teams that park the bus just like last season. Our squad is superior to united's and Jose should out-smart Moyes when it comes to tactics. What I'm worried about is team selection as Jose doesn't seem to know the players too well yet.

Iva should not play at RB; not in this game, not ever. In fact, I just switched my fantasy PL team around just so Iva would be in the center and not at RB, because even there I don't want to see him at RB!

I think Mata should start. He usually does very well against united, and he'll find the spaces he likes against united. But I expect him to be benched after yesterday's performance, unfortunately.

I don't think I can get myself to watch the game if I see Lampard's name in the starting XI.

Essien/Mikel should have at least got 30 mins against Villa, for match fitness purposes. Giving Lamps 80 minutes and then sticking Van Ginkel on for the remaining 10 was not a good idea. Ten minutes is not enough for match fitness, and Van Ginkel is not going to start at OT anyway.

Now we're stuck in a situation when we've got a tired Lamps as our only option for the second man in DM, unless we're willing to risk unproven Mikel/Essien in a game of such caliber.

Wasn't Rooney gonna be sidelined for this one due to some 'injury'?

I'm curious how the team will after yesterday. Maybe they had become somewhat arrogant after the first game and needed a wake up call. Still worrying how many key players already/still look out of shape (Lamps, Luiz, Mata)

I think Moyes knows Roo is too good a player to be dropped against us. That is kinda like a blessing for us as he won't be happy playing out on either side of the central striker role that RvP plays.

Hope we doesn't change our defensive line, just yet. Lamps and Ba should be rested and KDB,Mata and Hazard should start as our 3 AMs. Its not worth risking Luiz for this one ( we have Bayern soon after this)

Considering the fact Utd's players are well rested for this match and that they're playing at home (not to forget Van Persie's record against Chelsea in recent years), I'd take a draw. Even a ugly one.

I wanna see De Bruyne replace lampard in the pivot..

Ive never really seen de bruyne as a pure winger, has all the traits to be an elite cm though. Great vision, probably the best passing on the team, strong in recovering possession

All lamps does is slow down the game and nearly every long forward pass he attempts is lost.. Even though he might be a fan / coach favorite, it really is time to move over

Unfortunately Mou low rotation in first two games could cost us. Now we only have unfit/tired players. But it still early season everything possible. The only realy bad thing I see is that we have no option but start Lamps Rami again in the mid. This is not kind of game there you can go with newbie MvG and Obi and Essien can't add much either, especially after missing the first two games.

I could see Jose putting Ramires and MVG on

I predict a win. I think we'll continue to do very good against teams that attack us and struggle against teams that park the bus just like last season. Our squad is superior to united's and Jose should out-smart Moyes when it comes to tactics. What I'm worried about is team selection as Jose doesn't seem to know the players too well yet.

Iva should not play at RB; not in this game, not ever. In fact, I just switched my fantasy PL team around just so Iva would be in the center and not at RB, because even there I don't want to see him at RB!

I think Mata should start. He usually does very well against united, and he'll find the spaces he likes against united. But I expect him to be benched after yesterday's performance, unfortunately.

I don't think I can get myself to watch the game if I see Lampard's name in the starting XI.

Agree about the Ivanovic part. He's comfortable playing at CB, and IMO, if Azpi is fit (is he?), he should be the RB in this one. It worked very well in May. But Mata should take a break and come on in the 2nd half, even if we are winning.

I'd love this line-up:

Cech

Azpi Bane Terry Cole

Ramires Essien/MvG

KdB/Moses/Schürrle Oscar Hazard

Lukaku/Ba/Torres

I believe and do have a gut feeling that all 3 strikers can have a great game agains the cunts, since it'll surely be an open game and/or we will be focused on counter-attacking, hence all 3 strikers would have a better chance of finding holes than when we are playing the smaller teams who sit deep 95% of the time.