Man United v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/21/rio-ferdinand-manchester-united-chelsea

Rio Ferdinand believes Manchester United matches against Liverpool and Manchester City are bigger occasions than those against Chelsea, whom the champions play on Monday at Old Trafford.

The match will be David Moyes's first home Premier League outing as manager since succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson, with United and Chelsea having won their opening fixtures. Ferdinand played down the importance of meetings with Chelsea. "I wouldn't say it was one of my favourites," said the defender, who was speaking at United's launch of a commercial partnership with Apollo Tyres.

"You look forward to playing every time you step out at Old Trafford. It is a special place to play. We all appreciate playing there in front of our home fans and we try to put on a show. I wouldn't say we take anyone more seriously or enjoy playing against anyone more.

"The Liverpool and Manchester City games are usually hyped up a bit more than anyone else. The feeling after winning one of those games is probably the biggest of the season."

That's a beautiful picture in the OP.

I think Mata had a chance to showcase how fit he was today but couldn't so I can see KDB returning for this one. Mata just needs more game time to regain his fitness and the sharpness will come back so most likely a sub. But if he's fit enough won't mind him starting in the middle either.

Think Azpi will start, Luiz maybe if he's declared fit.

Cech

Azpi - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien

KDB - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

Torres or Lukaku will start in this match. Both will have their chances, I think. I have a feeling Lukaku will start, Torres on the bench. Torres in for Lukaku at around the 2nd half. Hope we're not in behind when Torres in.

That's a beautiful picture in the OP.

I think Mata had a chance to showcase how fit he was today but couldn't so I can see KDB returning for this one. Mata just needs more game time to regain his fitness and the sharpness will come back so most likely a sub. But if he's fit enough won't mind him starting in the middle either.

Think Azpi will start, Luiz maybe if he's declared fit.

Cech

Azpi - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien

KDB - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

I think your assessment of Mata and KDB is spot on. However, I don't see the back 4 changing from what we've seen in the first two matches. Cahill and Ivanovic stay in the starting 11.

Lukaku deserves his shot.

I'm gonna go with a nervy 2-1 with Hazard and Lukaku scoring

804543_Chelsea.jpg

I start Mata mainly because we need his genius in the final 3rd more than we need Oscar's ability to win the ball. Utd's midfielders don't scare me, Mata gets another 60mins and Oscar comes in to kill it off.

Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Lampard

KDB - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

This is what I think Mourinho will bring to the table. Anything else will surprise me - except Luiz who might not be completely fit and Mourinho knows that with van Persie against us we need to have the best fit defenders.

well lets sure hope that mou will put de bruyne in the right wing with mata/oscar in the amf position, because when mata & oscar played together, its like seeing lamps and gerrard play in the same team