cant wait !!

Would also go for:

-----------Lukaku-------------

Hazard---Mata---DeBryune

--VanGinkel--Ramires------

Cole----------------Azpilicueta

--------Terry---Luiz------------

-------------Cech-----------------

Although I have a feeling that Lamps will play.

Mourinho can make the Lamps-Rami pivot work

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired of friendlies. Good to watch competitive football again

@,

Last time vs Hull in 2009. Somehow scraped 3 points

Memories of Didi's goals. His free kick and then the cherry on top-From a tight angle he just knocked it above the keeper's head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVleUR2RJ9U

First day of our last title winning season.

Thanks for uploading it!

I say 2-0.

And more statistics . ;)

3usl.png

Nice stats. Where did u get them from?

^ 5-0? Not a chance. Hull have absolutely nothing to lose and yet have the chance of causing a major upset. They will go hammer and tongs at this game to prove themselves.

Games on the opening day against newly-promoted sides have never been easy. Ever.

Yup, just ask City.

Cech;

Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole;

Ramires, Van Ginkel;

De Bruyne*, Oscar, Hazard;

Lukaku

I'd go with that for this game. Reason being, Hull should, in theory at least, be full of energy and enthusiasm since it's their first game back in the top flight. I don't exactly want Mikel, Lampard or Essien in such an important position vs. such opposition at this time. Losing the midfield battle and being overran by a newly promoted team would make me feel queasy.

De Bruyne always gets a tackle in, Oscar is great at applying pressure, our midfield '2' would have more energy than the sun and Hazard & Lukaku would take the most responsibility in attack.

It'll be no good using Moses or Schurrle as starters in this game. Both lack that creativity we'll need to break down an organised unit. Both would be handy impact subs if needed.

*I wouldn't mind Mata on the right considering he's more talented than most teams put together, but I just feel like I have to put De Bruyne there for this game because of his work rate and the fact that since he's on his strong foot (unlike Mata would be) he can hit in cross after cross to Lukaku. We need width and energy for this game. Mata would cut in too much, compromising our width on the right side in the process, and he has one of the lower work rates in our team which is never good for the opening match of the season.

I am so glad games are back at "normal" times for me.

I dont mind if we dont smash them 5-0 but I would like us to dictate play and keep the ball for a bit. Just a good solid 2-0 win with our defence shutting them out easily.

Wow, a lot of people have KDB as a starter. If he does start, he has to surely do better than the 'meh' of the past 2 games.

But i think Oscar will start in the middle, and Mata on the right.

Most people seem to want KDB to start but I can't see it. Hazard will be one for sure. Mata if fit and Oscar is likely to play. If Mata does not play I can see Moses coming in instead of KDB.

Wow, a lot of people have KDB as a starter. If he does start, he has to surely do better than the 'meh' of the past 2 games.

But i think Oscar will start in the middle, and Mata on the right.

1 match was against real and he had to play out of position 2nd match our entire team was meh. We don't have any other rightwinger with his qualities so he would be a starter

^ 5-0? Not a chance. Hull have absolutely nothing to lose and yet have the chance of causing a major upset. They will go hammer and tongs at this game to prove themselves.

Games on the opening day against newly-promoted sides have never been easy. Ever.

Ok if you say so! :rolleyes: