Premier League table prediction

edetarod

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City will win the league next season. Their squad barely needs tweaking, just a manager who has something resembling a brain.

United will be in a period of transition, as will we. Can see City running away with it and us/MUFC fighting for 2nd and 3rd.

Fancy an improving Liverpool to pip the Yids and Olympique des Arsennais to fourth.

Stoke, Hull and Norwich to go down.

Transition? Chelsea played the best football in the 2nd leg of the season, City only had 3 points ahead. It will be a HUGE failure to Mourinho to end in 2nd.

It will be a HUGE failure to Mourinho to end in 2nd.

I disagree, we would need at LEAST one phenomenal DLP/DM (preferably two) along with a really great CB in order to win the league, and with the purchase of Andre Idon't think we'll get all that, hopefully I'm wrong though.

Transition? Chelsea played the best football in the 2nd leg of the season, City only had 3 points ahead. It will be a HUGE failure to Mourinho to end in 2nd.

Yes, transition. Unless Mourinho is going to offer Ferreira a new contract, re-sign Carvalho, Bridge, Robben, Duff and Drogba, and recall Essien. Transition doesn't just happen overnight.

Yes, transition. Unless Mourinho is going to offer Ferreira a new contract, re-sign Carvalho, Bridge, Robben, Duff and Drogba, and recall Essien. Transition doesn't just happen overnight.

City are in a similar transition as well. New manager, new system etc. Jose is better equipped than Moyes or Pellegrini(?) to perform in the league next season.

It is a bit too early but hey, who cares!

This is under the assumption Mourinho joins us and we get a top quality Striker:

EPL:

1)Chelsea

2)City

3)United

4)Arsenal

FA Cup: Chelsea

UCL: Real Madrid

If not, then

1)City

2)Chelsea

3)United

4)Arsenal

Either way though, player of the season: Hazard

Really? We've played well no more than a handful of times and considering we played 69 games that isn't really saying much. We need to improve a lot and start being more proactive in games especially against the better teams. City have dominated us every time we've played them. The final against Benfica was absolutely rubbish football. Almost embarrassing how bad it was. We need to improve A LOT.

Its a bit early to say, we will be able to make a better assessment at the start of August.

This season i said from the start that the best we could have hoped for was 3rd with the players we signed and let go and i was right, this summer if Jose comes in and get's the balance right, improves depth i think we can win in. If Fergie stayed i would have said that we would have probably needed another season but now he has gone i think we get United.

With us looking like were getting Jose (a serial winner) while the Manc clubs look set to start the season with two managers who don't have many medals between them, it's not stressed enough just what an edge that will give us, before a ball is even kicked.

With the rest of the league i think Stoke are fucked unless the new manager makes some clever signing's. As Watford won't be able to do the millions of loans they have been doing in the Championship, they will get mullered unless they buy those players and more.

Maybe but Pellegrini has by far the best squad.

City are over rated. Don't let the fact they seem to have our number right now get in the way off the fact they can be got at.

The fact all through last season people were still calling them the best team in the league despite United running away with it says it all.

Ofcourse they will challenge next term, but there not this superteam they seem to be made out to be, which stemmed from the start they made in 11/12.

City are over rated. Don't let the fact they seem to have our number right now get in the way off the fact they can be got at.

The fact all through last season people were still calling them the best team in the league despite United running away with it says it all.

Ofcourse they will challenge next term, but there not this superteam they seem to be made out to be, which stemmed from the start they made in 11/12.

I meant in terms of individuals. Their squad is much better than ours and United's. Bar Cech and maybe Cole, who from our team can make their starting XI?

Will come back to revise this in a few weeks but if we get Mourinho I think it will be:

1- Chelsea

2- Man United

3- Man City

4- Arsenal

5- Spurs

16- Norwich

17- Cardiff

18- Stoke

19- Palace

20- Hull

Promoted from Championship: Leeds, Leicester, QPR

Champions League winners: Barcelona

runners up: Bayern Munich

Europa League winners: Napoli

runners up: Shakhtar

FA Cup winners: Man United

runners up: Man City

League Cup winners: Man City

runners up: Arsenal

Other predictions:

• Moyes' team will go off the rails for a few weeks and the media will speculate that Fergie will 'come back to save them'
  • Johnny Evans will get away with a leg-breaking challenge or three
  • Steve Bruce will be the first manager to be sacked and Hull will be relegated by mid April
  • Pardew, Bruce, Hughes and Allardyce will all be sacked
  • Cardiff will start the season quite well and then fade
  • Pochettino will move back to La Liga at a club like Valencia or Malaga
  • Everyone will finally realize Ian Holloway isn't funny
  • We will play Millwall in the FA Cup and it will be carnage
  • Tottenham will bottle 4th place like every year

I meant in terms of individuals. Their squad is much better than ours and United's. Bar Cech and maybe Cole, who from our team can make their starting XI?

Mata and Hazard. I even think Luiz, if his performances next to Silva is anything to go by, him nexxt to Kompany would be almost unbeatable. Azpi maybe in a year, although right now i would say Zabaleta is (just) better.

But even so, Jose came to us last time with a squad that wasn't the best on paper, in the summer of 2004, who of our squad would have got into Arsenal's unbeaten team (on paper)? Probably only Makelele, Cech and possibly Carvalho.

Whatever advantage City may have on us on paper, im confident Jose will make it up on the pitch, just like he did with the Gooner team back then.

If you go on individuals, then we have the best team imo.

Cech

Cole

Azpi

Luiz

Mata

Hazard

All ahead of city. Thats 6 of our players to their 5.

If you compare us to utd. Then only 3 of their players would get in our first 11.