Sun Life Stadium, Miami
02:00 Kick Off (UK time)

[Match kicks off at 9pm in US on 7th August]

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bothered about the loss, more disappointed in the way we went about the game. Wished we'd have at least tried to establish our passing game a bit better. They played their game at a ridiculous pace and we couldn't cope with it. Ronaldo bossed that game, we don't have anyone of that calibre and ultimately he made the difference.

All in all, a good experience for a young team.

3 penalty claims and none given. take a bow, ref.

Didnt really deserve to win. Shocking display second half. Like the players were waiting for it to end.

Team needed real quality added in the summer after the debacle of finishing poorly once again in the league. However we went and added bit and part players. Schurrle, De Bruyne, Lukaku etc are good but don't really make us that much better. Our competitors are all adding elite talent meanwhile. Arsenal will get Suarez. United will probably get Fabregas. Madrid will get Bale. Barcelona got Neymar.

Just very poor on the part of the board. Now they'll add Rooney to sell shirts since that's their main focus.

the long ball always happens when a team plays high pressure against usits like our cb and keeper resort to just kicking out but causing us to be under pressure...first half two pens not called and hazard chance in second half the difference here.. i hope ppl now see we do need mata and luiz cause cahill and terry leak goals one has no pace and the other backs off his man to allow him to shoot

No injuries so I'm fine. I don't get why people are going crazy for Van Ginkel's performance. He made a couple of great tackles but especially in the second half, Madrid's midfielders were left completely alone in the box on a few occasions which is usually where the DM should be. I don't know who was responsible for picking up those men but I do know that if that were Mikel instead of MVG, many people would be blaming him for not picking up the trailing man.

Smacked back down to earth, really.

Not the end of the world to lose to possibly the best first XI in the world, but I thought we'd at least compete better. Clearly we aren't quite there yet.

Not worried at all about us. Just need a player or two.

lol that last minute foul on hazard def was a pen, but anyways, decent enough game, not sure why people were overreacting in the match thread

it's a friendly, we def were not playing our strongest lineups in either half and several players are still gaining full fitness and even so we def had our good patches and our chances but just didnt take them

thought ramires and van ginkel were good, especially van ginkel he was excellent, i thought it would take him time to adjust to PL but the way he's looking right now i am very surprised, he looked like the only composed player in the first half while everyone else was shitting their pants almost lol

torres was also decent surprisingly, and so was moses, i think moses has def played himself into the hull match

good run out for everyone and some good plays

as far as the negatives, it's individual really, cahill gives far too much space to the attackers and you cant give room to players of this calibre to get their shot off from INSIDE the box, unbelievably stupid stuff

same thing for ivanovic expect he doesnt want to close down the wingers, i cant believe he let isco spend 10 minutes on his strong foot and pick a cross out to ronaldo for the 3rd goal lol