UEFA Youth League

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, however I've expected this. The side we fielded would be too good for any young side in Europe. That should be illegal because as quality as our players are they're also very physical for this age. That was too much for Shakhtar.

Finally it confirmed that we can claim formally that we have one of the very best Academy in Europe, I don't have enough dwell on things which will help the discussions :)

As soon as Boga turned, it was over. How fucking great he is ? Much love for him. All class from him from that 25 minutes in the second half. He just made fun, the technique, acceleration, balance, the physique, that was way too much much. I don't think that I'm going to enjoy such extraordinary talent for a long time in the Academy.

I don't much care about FA Youth Cup now, I wanted Chelsea to win European prize and they did it in fantastic way.

I just have a sad feeling about today though, because much of these boys are going in their own direction in the summer. Such great side will be over :( I don't see much of the same from current U18 team, apart from maybe 2 players, they aren't as quality as this side. I simply loved this youth team and enjoyed many, many games from them. It was a pleasure.

Now Boga, Musonda, Solanke, Brown, RLC, Colkett, Christiansen are going to progress into the senior football. But where ? We can't mess with them, they're far too talented to do that. I hope that there's grand scheme of thing how to progress them into the senior football. Not stupid keeping them on the bench or making deadline day loan.

At the end at least 3 of them should end up in Chelsea. Only RLC will be not good since it's his size that would decide. I sincerely hope that there's a plan somewhere. I bloody want to believe that we will have strong enough first team to fill in the squad with 2 youngsters almost seamlessly. At least strong enough that Jose won't have to 'protect' them.

Great, however I've expected this. The side we fielded would be too good for any young side in Europe. That should be illegal because as quality as our players are they're also very physical for this age. That was too much for Shakhtar.

Finally it confirmed that we can claim formally that we have one of the very best Academy in Europe, I don't have enough dwell on things which will help the discussions :)

As soon as Boga turned, it was over. How fucking great he is ? Much love for him. All class from him from that 25 minutes in the second half. He just made fun, the technique, acceleration, balance, the physique, that was way too much much. I don't think that I'm going to enjoy such extraordinary talent for a long time in the Academy.

I don't much care about FA Youth Cup now, I wanted Chelsea to win European prize and they did it in fantastic way.

I just have a sad feeling about today though, because much of these boys are going in their own direction in the summer. Such great side will be over :( I don't see much of the same from current U18 team, apart from maybe 2 players, they aren't as quality as this side. I simply loved this youth team and enjoyed many, many games from them. It was a pleasure.

Now Boga, Musonda, Solanke, Brown, RLC, Colkett, Christiansen are going to progress into the senior football. But where ? We can't mess with them, they're far too talented to do that. I hope that there's grand scheme of thing how to progress them into the senior football. Not stupid keeping them on the bench or making deadline day loan.

At the end at least 3 of them should end up in Chelsea. Only RLC will be not good since it's his size that would decide. I sincerely hope that there's a plan somewhere. I bloody want to believe that we will have strong enough first team to fill in the squad with 2 youngsters almost seamlessly. At least strong enough that Jose won't have to 'protect' them.

They're getting closer. Youth is making more bench appearances than ever this year. Soon some will complete the jump.

This is our golden generation.

Emenalo said the aim is to ensure every single player in the academy and reserve are potentially good enough to break into the first team as the days of recruiting youngsters just to fill the squad was over and you have to say it certainly looks that way so far. there are atleast 8 youngsters who are good enough to break into the first team. Boga,Musonda,Colkett,Jay da silva,RLC,Solanke, Ola aina and Izzy. And that's ignoring more senior youth players like Baker,Ake et al.

Great achievement for the squad. I hope some of them are given a chance next season.

Don't have high hopes.

Mourinho has shown little to expect much in this.

There is no consistency, even if he gave chance to Zouma he has put him back into the bench and used Cahill.

Zouma should be starter now not Cahill.....

Don't have high hopes.

Mourinho has shown little to expect much in this.

There is no consistency, even if he gave chance to Zouma he has put him back into the bench and used Cahill.

Zouma should be starter now not Cahill.....

That's my worry. If Mourinho really wants to be here for the long haul, he'll have to make use of the entire cast of players.

These guys are knocking down the door.

The numbers of these guys are amazing. A magnificent generation. I do not know if the next season or within two years, but these guys have capabilities to be important with US

I am very opposed to giving away free opportunities to young boys just to be in our academy, but these guys have done enough merits to trust them.

Boga, RLC, Solanke or Brown deserve to have more opportunities. If we have good results in the next 3 games I think they have to play until the end of the season at least a couple of matches.

For example, if we have good results, I'd rather see Solanke in our starting eleven than having Diego Costa almost injured.

I think Jose wants to do a project for the next decade with Chelsea. This makes its mind will be more flexible with young boys. I trust that Jose will bet heavily on these guys.

They can not be a lost generation. These guys deserve a chance.

Congratulations and Regards.

...I just have a sad feeling about today though, because much of these boys are going in their own direction in the summer. Such great side will be over :(...

Of those who played today 7; Collins, Clarke-Salter, Da Silva, Brown, Abraham, Boga & Solanke will still be eligible for next season's UEFA Youth League. I think most of those will appear again but you are right, it's time for Brown, and probably Boga too, to be finishing their education at a higher level. Along with the lads who are now too old for the U19s of course.

Imagine if that side would become our class of 2015.

I'm young enough to keep dreaming but Christiansen, Dasilva, Colkett, RLC, Boga, Musonda, Solanke are talented enough to be there at this level.

Like Jose said, the talent has to be first, the talent is the most important thing and all the above have that talent for me.

This side has everything in them, you can read on Chelsea Youth twitter feed this. You want pace, there's pace. You want physicality, you have physicality. You want ball playing centre backs, you have them both. You want attacking full-backs, there're attacking full-backs. You want midfield dominator and midfield creator, you have that. You want someone to glue midfield you have one. You want individual brilliance who can turn the game and constantly take on people, you have that. You want reliable goalscorer, there's not one but two. You want to have goals from all over the pitch as well, you have that. This side is complete. :rolleyes:

Of those who played today 7; Collins, Clarke-Salter, Da Silva, Brown, Abraham, Boga & Solanke will still be eligible for next season's UEFA Youth League. I think most of those will appear again but you are right, it's time for Brown, and probably Boga too, to be finishing their education at a higher level.

They have to progress. Solanke is too big for that level. Abraham is still to prove at U21 and can be no.1 so he can stay. Almost all of the guys that are already homegrowns should go.

Dasilva should go too, I would challenge him, however he isn't counted as a homegrown yet, so he stays.

I don't know where I'd loan Boga and Musonda though. Boga would cope with Championship with his physicality but I think the French team would be better to improve him tactically to get the point across to him. Musonda would go to Anderlecht but probably there will be suitors for him from elsewhere. I think his native is Dutch so the Netherlands as well is a good option. But France always seems to me like the best development league (actually it is) so would try the most there.

Christiansen to Vitesse. Solanke, Brown to stay in England, RLC to stay with us. I would sell Colkett to some Spanish team with buy-back clause, that's the best place where his profile would suit to and where he would be the most appreciated.

... I bloody want to believe that we will have strong enough first team to fill in the squad with 2 youngsters almost seamlessly. At least strong enough that Jose won't have to 'protect' them.

This is such a good point I just quoted it so people might read it again.

Which two from u18 team do you suggest to follow closely?

So happy for the boys, another trophy won. The future is truly bright for them, i really hope we give them a proper chance to prove themselves here.

How bitter was Platini's look when the boys were lifting the cup? That corrupted twat better understand that Chelsea is going to keep winning trophies for many years to come, no matter what he does.

So happy for the boys, another trophy won. The future is truly bright for them, i really hope we give them a proper chance to prove themselves here.

How bitter was Platini's look when the boys were lifting the cup? That corrupted twat better understand that Chelsea is going to keep winning trophies for many years to come, no matter what he does.

Always fun to see how sad Platini looks when Chelsea wins something hahaha. He did say something nice to Musonda though.