test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

EskWeston

U21's - Fixtures, Results & Highlights 2013/14

Started by EskWeston,

157 posts in this topic

Match: Chelsea 2-2 Reading
Chelsea Scorers: Christensen and Baker
Match Report: http://www.chelseafc.com/under21s-article/article/3615335
Highlights:

Thoughts: Was played at Cobham so not sure how we played, by all accounts a good comeback (our two goals scored after HT with Baker's a penalty in stoppage time)

Match: Chelsea 2-1 Wolves

Chelsea Scorers: Feruz (2)
Match Report: http://www.chelseafc.com/under21s-article/article/3630413
Highlights:

Thoughts: Nice to see Feruz get two goals, hasn't scored for a while, yet was getting close.

There's a match tonight against Fulham that's live, in fact, the next 5 matches are all live. Also we recently played Arsenal in the U21s Cup quarter finals and lost 1-0 thanks to an Afobe goal in the 30 mins ET..we didn't deserve to, both sides had chances but we created the better openings, just poor finishing/final passes/luck let us down (we hit the post twice). Was also playing a more experienced Arsenal side (had the ilkes of the aforementioned Afobe and Miyachi playing.

The Skipper likes this

Match: Chelsea 2-1 Fulham
Chelsea Scorers: Swift, Baker
Match Report: http://thechels.net/2014/02/under-21s-fulham-1-2-chelsea/
Highlights:

Thoughts: Another solid win that will keep us near the top of the table, impressive considering Fulham are top and were unbeaten before this game. Baker as usual scored a nice goal from about 20 yards out (left foot) and Swift got a Lampardesque late run into the box goal. Ake uncharacteristically rash that conceded the penalty. Thought Fankaty Dabo had a very good game at RB, particularly first half.
The Skipper and didierforever like this

Match:Chelsea 1-0 Middlesborough

Chelsea Scorers:Ssekwambo

Match Report:http://thechels.net/2014/03/under-21s-chelsea-1-0-middlesbrough/

Highlights:

Thoughts:Good, tight win. Match wasn't live but for me Sswekwambo continues to be the surprise player of the season at RB. Reminds me of Ivanovic.

Match:0-0 United

Chelsea Scorers:

Match Report:http://thechels.net/2014/03/under-21s-manchester-united-0-0-chelsea/

Highlights:

Thoughts:Match that we'll feel we should have won. I like Aké at LB and his movement off the ball is impressive. Created at least two openings all game. Boga had a good game, the United players couldn't touch him, and was nice to see Reece Mitchell starting though he was taken off at HT. MVG came on in the second half but looked rusty.

U21s are live right now vs Blackburn

Chelsea U21s: Blackman; Ssewankambo, Aina, Christensen, Nditi; Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Ake ©; Swift, Feruz, C Musonda.

subs: Beeney, Dabo, Davey, Palmer, Colkett.

MUFC U21s: Amos; Varela, McNair, M Keane, James; Janko, Ekangamene, Pearson, A Pereira, Lawrence; Wilson.

subs: J Pereira, Weir, Harrop, Blackett, Willock.

Come on, lads!!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Jusek, The Skipper and LAB like this

Is this on TV?

Yeah, I think I read somewhere it's on SS1 for you guys in the UK. Also ChelseaTV.

Been watching both this and the UEL final, so far this one's no doubt been the better match. Great odds for us at Skybet, just bet €20 on us to win at 13/8.

Special Juan likes this

on sky and Chelsea tv .. trying VIP box

Yeah, I think I read somewhere it's on SS1 for you guys in the UK. Also ChelseaTV.

Been watching both this and the UEL final, so far this one's no doubt been the better match. Great odds for us at Skybet, just bet €20 on us to win at 13/8.

Thank you chaps.

Our youth team (both U-21 and U-18) is so fantastic! Amazing short, intricate passes. Nice build up play too! Everytime I watch them play, they impose their will and dominate the other team.

Our youth team (both U-21 and U-18) is so fantastic! Amazing short, intricate passes. Nice build up play too! Everytime I watch them play, they impose their will and dominate the other team.

Idd, they have so much potential. I really hope a few of them make it in the first team. RLC is awesome, I love 2 footed players.